Administrator
    vCash

DE-Tyrell Jacobs decommits from OU

3 star defensive end Tyrell Jacobs (Louisiana kid) decommitted from OU today.

I don't have any inside knowledge, but I think this was a "mutual" decision between Jacobs and OU. Right now, OU is very close to landing a couple of higher profile DEs, and I think Jacobs realized that his playing time was going to be in jeopardy. In the end, it will probably work out best for all parties.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Re: DE-Tyrell Jacobs decommits from OU

We shall see what the negative bastards come up with......)
    Hey... maybe T BOONE can pony up and start a Stilleater newspaper... but the players would probably just use it to roll the weed.

Administrator
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Breadburner View Post
    We shall see what the negative bastards come up with......)
    They better hurry. The couple of guys that I think we'll land are considered better overall players...so, they should make hay while the sun is shining.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

The thread on LT implied the same thing - that we were likely to land better DEs and Jacobs would have more opportunity elsewhere. I read Mizzou offered him right away.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 dwarthog's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner79 View Post
    The thread on LT implied the same thing - that we were likely to land better DEs and Jacobs would have more opportunity elsewhere. I read Mizzou offered him right away.
    Has he got the gays?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by dwarthog View Post
    Has he got the gays?
    Seems the fans there have shown that wouldn't be an issue - think the OU fans would be the same?

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 dwarthog's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner79 View Post
    Seems the fans there have shown that wouldn't be an issue - think the OU fans would be the same?
    Was Sam out while he was playing ball there the whole time or just at the end when he was going into the draft?

How would OU fans handle it? Hard to say. I'm sure there would be some who don't care much for the idea, some who have plenty of other things to worry about and some who thinks it's great.

vCash

Was Sam out while he was playing ball there the whole time or just at the end when he was going into the draft?

How would OU fans handle it? Hard to say. I'm sure there would be some who don't care much for the idea, some who have plenty of other things to worry about and some who thinks it's great.
    As I recall, he was out to his team his senior year, but not officially to the public. But is seemed to be pretty well known to the fans that cared. I think OU fans would support a gay player as much or more than Mizzou fans did. Family is family once you're in and I always feel Okies support family very strongly. When the whole Sam thing came up, there was a thread stating that there have been a couple of gay OU players that didn't try that hard to hide it. Just the fact no one was naming names here shows me that Okies are not as backward as some think. There will always be some loud negative voices that make it appear they have more numbers than they do.

I only brought up Mizzou because they have produced some really good DE's in recent years (Sam not one of them), so Jacobs would be going to a place with some cred if he ends up there.

Sooner Starter Since71ASooner4Life's Avatar
    vCash

If a guy can play football I could care less if he thinks sheep have pretty eyes. But that's assuming he can STFU about it and play football, and not be a distraction as the poster child of a political agenda.