Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Re: Two new recruits (DeBerry/Haughton): Who else was interested?

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner79 View Post
    Could it be that these recruits don't teeter on the edge between despair and ecstasy on every drive of the game like fans do?
    I don't know about you but I don't teeter on the edge between despair and ecstasy on every drive of the game. I see trends like being 110th or whatever we ended being in pass defense then hanging our corner out to dry then screaming at him while baylor completed 6 or 7 straight 7 yard hitches in front of him. No timeout to talk things over. No adjustment to how he was covering. Just the same hardheaded doing the same thing over and over and watching it fail miserably with each snap.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Sooner8th View Post
    I don't know about you but I don't teeter on the edge between despair and ecstasy on every drive of the game. I see trends like being 110th or whatever we ended being in pass defense then hanging our corner out to dry then screaming at him while baylor completed 6 or 7 straight 7 yard hitches in front of him. No timeout to talk things over. No adjustment to how he was covering. Just the same hardheaded doing the same thing over and over and watching it fail miserably with each snap.
    And these players may have made their choice based on how the coaches treated their parents or the color of the alternate uniforms. Recruiting is a long process and all programs have their warts - you just see OU's.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member bluedogok's Avatar
    vCash

Maybe they see opportunity to play and start instead of being buried on the bench for years.

Administrator
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by bluedogok View Post
    Maybe they see opportunity to play and start instead of being buried on the bench for years.
    BINGO

Recruits don't put much stock into losses. Nowhere near the same level fans do. If anything, the loss may be seen as a positive ("I can come in any help immediately"), and in the case of DeBerry, he's right.

I'll also add that big time recruits don't go to places they think are on the decline. There's a lot that goes on behind the scenes that none of us know about, and a lot of that information is passed on to the recruits that are worth it, and seriously considering a commitment. In other words, the sky isn't falling.