Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Nice in-depth look at recruiting of Malik Jefferson

He doesn't mention OU in the story at all, though it's in his top seven schools. Neat look into the process, though.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/re...son-recruiting

vCash

Re: Nice in-depth look at recruiting of Malik Jefferson

Sumlin is full of ****....!!!
    Hey... maybe T BOONE can pony up and start a Stilleater newspaper... but the players would probably just use it to roll the weed.

Administrator
    vCash

If I could pick one kid for the Sooners to go after, it would have been Jefferson. Not only does he play a position of need, he is an incredible athlete. He may be the best overall athlete in this class.

Unfortunately, OU is not going to land this kid. He's either going to end up in College Station, or Austin. I really hope it's College Station, because I don't want to play this kid.

vCash

The way I was reading it, he's likely to wind up in Westwood. Unless Mama has something to say about it. Maybe the Health Sciences Center can give her free lupus treatment for life?

Administrator
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by cvsooner View Post
    The way I was reading it, he's likely to wind up in Westwood. Unless Mama has something to say about it. Maybe the Health Sciences Center can give her free lupus treatment for life?
    I know UCLA is the third team in the hunt, but from what I've read it sounds like it's down to Texas/Texas A&M. He is 18 years old though, so that could change.

I can't tell you how much I wanted this kid to be a Sooner, and there was a time when we were making some serious headway with him, but in the end we just couldn't keep his interest. That's why I think he'll stay in Texas, I think he wants to play close to home.

He was invited to The Opening (the Nike skills camp), and he was, without question, the best player there. The more I type, the more frustrated I am that we couldn't get him.

Sooner Rookie
    vCash

He committed to Bevo this morning.....

Administrator
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerinSECland View Post
    He committed to Bevo this morning.....
    Damn!

I was really hoping they would screw it up somehow. Not looking forward to facing this kid.