Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Stoops Boren meeting - rumor?

I saw this on the football brainiacs website. I don't know if it is a rumor or what. I hope it's true. Anyone have anything on this?

– Boren and Bob: We got a tip last night that we thought y’all might find interesting. We’d normally put this information on TOP because it hasn’t been fully vetted just yet, but it does jive with some general things we’ve been hearing. Essentially, we were told that Bob Stoops and David Boren had a day-long meeting recently to discuss the concerns of fans and some of the major boosters regarding the current state of the football program.

We have been hearing for a while that changes to Stoops’ staff will happen, but nothing concrete has really developed to date. And until it does, we remain cautious with respect to whatever possible changes may or may not come. But this also isn’t the first time we’ve heard there are some concerns from inside the administration and, perhaps just as if not more importantly, from major boosters.

http://thefootballbrainiacs.com/ou-o...esday-dec-17th

vCash

Re: Stoops Boren meeting - rumor?

They meet every year....Big ****in deal.....
    Hey... maybe T BOONE can pony up and start a Stilleater newspaper... but the players would probably just use it to roll the weed.

vCash

We will see.
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

Administrator
    vCash

Yeah, that meeting takes place every year. I seriously doubt that Stoops is going to take an entire day to meet with Boren when he's trying to prepare for the bowl game. I know we aren't that excited about the game, but inside the program they are treating it just like another game (which means a lot preparation).

Boren and Stoops meet at the end of the season every year, so even if they did meet, it wouldn't be ground breaking.

Also, I'm not sure how much I buy into anyone knowing what is on the agenda to discuss (other than Bob and Boren). I also doubt there are any coaching changes made this off season.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Jacie's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by 8timechamps View Post
    Yeah, that meeting takes place every year. I seriously doubt that Stoops is going to take an entire day to meet with Boren when he's trying to prepare for the bowl game. I know we aren't that excited about the game, but inside the program they are treating it just like another game (which means a lot preparation).
    Why start now?

He may be asking Bob for job advice.

Administrator
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Jacie View Post
    Why start now?
    That's gold Jerry!

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 AzianSooner's Avatar
    vCash

Boren might invite Bob sitting on his side talking about re-arranging big 12 conference.

vCash

There better be some coaching, philosophy, lineup, etc changes this off-season...

Unless Bob wants people to start destroying his property and receiving death threats. He would have to be incredibly stupid, not realize his gameplan, doesn't come remotely close to working anymore and he's woefully ill-prepared, when things don't go his way. Like they just throw up their arms and says, "Oh well, that didn't work..."

He pulls another season like that, out of his ***, he best go on witness protection. This isn't the days of Barry Switzer and he hasn't earned that level of respect yet (and there isn't much I agree with Switzer on, outside of football).

Long, long time supporter, but this season was one of the most pathetic seasons I've witnessed. People like to point to some of those games, saying "we didn't lose by much". Problem is...we lost and the other losses, three of them, on our field Baylor and osu? A beatdown embarrassment by Baylor?

Naw... no changes isn't going to fly. I'm usually just a sit and let life comes as it does... but I'll jump on that very vocal bandwagon for Stoop's head... he doesn't make some changes. Unacceptable after the debacle that I wish I could wipe from my memory.

I catch crap here in Bakersfield, from people that aren't even damn football fans, over this cluster@#$% of whatever you want to call this PAST (its over already) season.

Bowl game? Clemson? Who the Hell cares? Hope nobody get's hurt. Judging from Bob's team that showed up against... oops... DIDN'T show up against the Condoms, I don't expect much of a performance. Expect more like Boise State...

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 nighttrain12's Avatar
    vCash

Maybe Stoops asked for a raise so he could get better security installed at his house.
    BOOMER ......... SOONER!
    AGGIES ......... SUCK!
    ... and the home, of the, SOONERS!
    THUNDER THE F&*K UP!

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

It's starting to look more and more like 2008 was the last hurrah. That's not to say there won't be some good seasons now and again, but other coaches catch onto your tricks after awhile if a coach stays at one spot too long. It happened to Phil Fulmer at Tennessee and Mack Brown at Texas.

I'm not saying fire en masse; I'm just setting expectations a lot lower here on out

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by badger View Post
    It's starting to look more and more like 2008 was the last hurrah. That's not to say there won't be some good seasons now and again, but other coaches catch onto your tricks after awhile if a coach stays at one spot too long. It happened to Phil Fulmer at Tennessee and Mack Brown at Texas.

I'm not saying fire en masse; I'm just setting expectations a lot lower here on out
    Unacceptable. If expectations aren't high at Oklahoma then house cleaning needs to be done.