SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    Wishing I was moving to Monroe, Oklahoma...
    vCash

This is why the media and press are epic fail and people don't believe them...

Epic fail, 2 NYC High School kids punk the NYT. No fact checking... What a dumb ***... That reporter person should be fired, run out of town on rails and then have their college degree taken away for falsifying their college efforts. The reporter apparently is dumber than a bag of rocks and didn't earn their degree...

Sucks for those kids, they will have to live with it for some time...
    Last edited by TheHumanAlphabet; 12/16/2014 at 12:07 PM.
    Everything progressives do is aimed at weakening democracy, capitalism and the social and cultural institutions that support those things...... They are about subjugating people and being a ruling class.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Turd_Ferguson's Avatar
    vCash

Re: This is why the media and press are epic fail and people don't believe them...

2 NYC High Scholl kids punk the NYT
    Gold.

OleVet Posse Instigator

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Re: This is why the media and press are epic fail and people don't believe them...

Quote Originally Posted by TheHumanAlphabet View Post
    Epic fail, 2 NYC High Scholl kids punk the NYT. No fact checking... What a dumb ***... That reporter person should be fired, run out of town on rails and then have their college degree taken away for falsifying their college efforts. The reporter apparently is dumber than a bag of rocks and didn't earn their degree...

Link?

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

Whoa, slow down people... NYP, not NYT.

Link: http://nypost.com/2014/12/14/stuyves...-stock-market/

The story originally ran in New York magazine, which is also not associated with the NYT, other than "NY" i guess: http://nymag.com/news/articles/reaso...id=nymag_press

The kids let a tall tale go too far; it certainly wouldn't be the first time kids have cried wolf, so to speak. As such, a very gullible reporter needs to be held accountable

vCash

Oh, sorry my bad. The venue does not change my opinion of news readers and comment requesters...
    Everything progressives do is aimed at weakening democracy, capitalism and the social and cultural institutions that support those things...... They are about subjugating people and being a ruling class.

vCash

Sometimes, a good story is just too much to resist.* Sometimes, it's just too heart warming, it's just too feel-good, it's too outside-the-box to bypass* and you start wanting the believe the unbelievable* and stop being skeptical. Soon, you want to believe the Million Little Pieces guy didn't make things up to make "his" story better** and there really is a kid in Washington DC that is addicted to heroin with heroin dealer parents who shoot him up*** and even if you know it's not real, the reporter made the story sound so nice that you don't care****

* Once again, I'm irritated that the reporter ran with a false story and the reporter needs to be held accountable.
    ** The book was a dumb read and had more f-bombs than lies and I can't believe Oprah recommended it even if it wasn't made up.
    *** Janet Cook formerly of the Washington Post, who won a Pulitzer for the made up story. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Janet_Cooke
    **** Jayson Blair formerly of the NY Times who fabricated and plagiarized many articles, among other things. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jayson_Blair

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by TheHumanAlphabet View Post
    Epic fail, 2 NYC High School kids punk the NYT. No fact checking... What a dumb ***... That reporter person should be fired, run out of town on rails and then have their college degree taken away for falsifying their college efforts. The reporter apparently is dumber than a bag of rocks and didn't earn their degree...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Tried to hammer liberal lamestream media and you just hammered a rightwingnut paper. TOO FVCKING FUNNY!

The new york POST is owned by the news corp that also own faux "news". Does your statement still stand on the reporter?

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SoonerorLater's Avatar
    vCash

^^^^^^^ Troll Alert ^^^^^^^

Characteristics of a troll #1

Posts inflammatory comments, not to engage in serious conversation, but to "grief" or annoy an online community

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerorLater View Post

Characteristics of a troll #1

Posts inflammatory comments, not to engage in serious conversation, but to "grief" or annoy an online community
    ^^^^^^^ dumbass Alert ^^^^^^^

Characteristics of a dumbass #1

Ignores posts of inflammatory comments, not to engage in serious conversation, but to "grief" or annoy liberals. Did you not notice that is what he was doing and totally failed on it?

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SoonerProphet's Avatar
    vCash

From the leftist rolling stone to the right wing loony ny post, journalism has gone the way of the dodo in this here country.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SoonerorLater's Avatar
    vCash

Act childish

"resort to swearing or personal attacks when their point of view is not embraced by others instead of simply moving on."
    Last edited by SoonerorLater; 12/16/2014 at 04:10 PM.

vCash

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Tried to hammer liberal lamestream media and you just hammered a rightwingnut paper. TOO FVCKING FUNNY!

The new york POST is owned by the news corp that also own faux "news". Does your statement still stand on the reporter?
    To be clear, this was originally a New York Magazine story, not New York Post, who quoted NY mag. Thus, not sure the criticism of liberal lamestream vs rightwingnut paper is fair here... and not sure that's what the earlier posters were getting at, either. It seemed more of a critique on the media in general, rather than a poltical position.

This is actually one of the least political threads on Obamafest right now IMHO

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Wishboned's Avatar
    vCash

New York Magazine is owned by the Wasserstein family, who obtained after Bruce Wasserstein (a huge Democratic contributor)passed away in 2009.
    Surrender is not a Ranger word

vCash

8, this wasn't about who owns the damn thing. It was about stupid media and stupid journalists that I do not respect or trust anything they publish ever...