Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash

Re: Am I a bad person for enjoying this so much?

Quote Originally Posted by Mac94 View Post
    I understand the thought ... but IMHO the Big-12 doomed itself from the start when the formation began as a political fight between Texas and Nebraska and the Texas faction won setting rules that doomed the Husker program. The Big-12 had three blue blood teams ..OU, UT, and Nebraska ... and the formation of the league set in motion the demise of one of those three which hurt the North Division and sowed the seeds of Nebraska's exit from the league.
    My dirty confession of the night is that, for the first time, I'm beginning to wonder whether Aggie was actually right when they decided to leave. Ditto for Nebraska, Missouri, and Colorado. Given what has happened, it's difficult to see how anyone can say that the Big XII looks after the interests of its member institutions. That's what a conference is supposed to say.

Frankly, I'm ready to say 'adios' to this ****show and head to the ACC.

vCash

Back to Johnny Football- All sizzle, no steak.

Administrator
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SicEmBaylor View Post
    My dirty confession of the night is that, for the first time, I'm beginning to wonder whether Aggie was actually right when they decided to leave. Ditto for Nebraska, Missouri, and Colorado. Given what has happened, it's difficult to see how anyone can say that the Big XII looks after the interests of its member institutions. That's what a conference is supposed to say.

Frankly, I'm ready to say 'adios' to this ****show and head to the ACC.
    I won't disagree that the conference gave in to Texas, and it's been a cluster**** ever since, but things have stabilized.

Let's be honest, Baylor isn't going anywhere and had they never be included in the Big XII, Baylor athletics as you know it wouldn't exist.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member bluedogok's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by 8timechamps View Post
    I just wish we still had the old Big XII...although Colorado could stay in the PAC.
    I still wish CU was in the Big 12, then we would have game up here every so often.

About Manziel, have the Browns ever had a decent QB or O-Line since they came back into the league? Bernie Kosar was the last decent one I can think of and he was part the Ravens-Browns era.

vCash

I won't disagree that the conference gave in to Texas, and it's been a cluster**** ever since, but things have stabilized.

Let's be honest, Baylor isn't going anywhere and had they never be included in the Big XII, Baylor athletics as you know it wouldn't exist.
    I didn't say being in the Big XII never served its purpose. I said being in the Big XII now isn't serving our purpose. I want to leave.

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

I didn't say being in the Big XII never served its purpose. I said being in the Big XII now isn't serving our purpose. I want to leave.
    Good luck finding another conference that will pay you as much as the Big 12 does. I get that you are angry at the playoffs, playoff committee, the Fiesta Bowl, the "co" in co-conference champs, Bryce Petty's back and everything else that caused this season to not go perfectly. It happens; use it as motivation to be better next year.

It's not the Big 12's fault your non-conference schedule was sh!tty.

It's not the Big 12's fault you lost at West Virginia (nor is it the Big 12's fault Morgantown burned itself down afterward).

It's not the Big 12's fault that TCU had an identical record; nor is it the Big 12's fault you had to overcome a huge deficit to defeat them at home.

Am I missing anything guys? Think some other conference would pay them $20 million+ annually to reside elsewhere? Maybe they could go independent like BYU and Notre Dame. Baptists worldwide can unite under the Baylor banner or something

SoonerFans.com Elite Member KantoSooner's Avatar
    vCash

Oh, and it's not the B12's fault that y'all got all hot with the photogenic, and appealing, RG3...but now showcase players like Oakman and other thugs...who aren't going to win any extra votes for you if you know what I mean.
    "I don't know karate, but I know ka-razor!" - James Brown

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

Now that RG3 is the Redskins (3-11) starter again, let's call him by his full name: RG3 and 11

As for thuggery, I'd argue that players were encounter dirtier, more aggressive players in the NFL or in a potential bowl/playoff matchup. If we have to face it in conference play first, it might help prepare us for postseason/pro level better.

Administrator
    vCash

It's not the Big XII's fault your AD schedules the East Popcorn State's of the world. Had you guys played a decent OOC schedule, you'd be getting ready for the playoffs.

Baylor football has been an upper echelon program for the past to years, but I think it's a little (lot) premature to think the school could bolt to another conference because you can offer so much.

Maybe the school should sustain the success for a decade before thinking you can call your shots. You ever hear the saying "he was born on third base but goes through life thinking he hit a triple"? That could apply to that kind of attitude.

vCash

Maybe the school should sustain the success for a decade before thinking you can call your shots. You ever hear the saying "he was born on third base but goes through life thinking he hit a triple"? That could apply to that kind of attitude.
    Actually, that doesn't apply to us in the least bit -- quite the opposite actually when taken in the context of blue blood programs vs. upstart programs. The ACC isn't exactly a powerhouse and definitely shouldn't turn their nose up at accepting us.

Who gives a **** about the non-conference? We virtually wiped the slate of the 2nd best conference in the United States. And did you see the non-conf schedules of some of the teams that were/are ahead of us that were in the top-4 at one time or another? Seriously?

It had nothing to do with our schedule. The CFPC wanted marquee matchups between big-brand programs + they perceived us as 'iffy' based upon last year's bowl game. That's their decision in totality.

Administrator
    vCash

Actually, that doesn't apply to us in the least bit -- quite the opposite actually when taken in the context of blue blood programs vs. upstart programs. The ACC isn't exactly a powerhouse and definitely shouldn't turn their nose up at accepting us.

Who gives a **** about the non-conference? We virtually wiped the slate of the 2nd best conference in the United States. And did you see the non-conf schedules of some of the teams that were/are ahead of us that were in the top-4 at one time or another? Seriously?

It had nothing to do with our schedule. The CFPC wanted marquee matchups between big-brand programs + they perceived us as 'iffy' based upon last year's bowl game. That's their decision in totality.
    Well, if you're interested in joining the ACC, that's about the only conference that 'may' consider adding Baylor.

Don't kid yourself, and don't be brainwashed by the Baylor administration, the OOC had everything to do with Baylor getting left out. I know Baylor (and their fans) don't want to hear that, but it's true (and it was said many times on Selection Sunday).

I don't doubt that the marquee matchup aspect had some affect, but it was very easy for the committee to look at Baylor's OOC and use that as a reason.

The OOC schedule's of teams that were ranked ahead of Baylor means nothing in the final selection. It only would have mattered if one of those teams were selected. Look, I'm no fan of the way things went down, but to brush off Baylor's OOC schedule as a non-factor is nutty, and I know you're smarter than that.

Well, if you're interested in joining the ACC, that's about the only conference that 'may' consider adding Baylor.

Don't kid yourself, and don't be brainwashed by the Baylor administration, the OOC had everything to do with Baylor getting left out. I know Baylor (and their fans) don't want to hear that, but it's true (and it was said many times on Selection Sunday).

I don't doubt that the marquee matchup aspect had some affect, but it was very easy for the committee to look at Baylor's OOC and use that as a reason.

The OOC schedule's of teams that were ranked ahead of Baylor means nothing in the final selection. It only would have mattered if one of those teams were selected. Look, I'm no fan of the way things went down, but to brush off Baylor's OOC schedule as a non-factor is nutty, and I know you're smarter than that.
    Well with that logic TCU should have got in. They had a better ooc schedule than tosu and actually won all of theirs..

Also because of money

Administrator
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerForLife92 View Post
    Well with that logic TCU should have got in. They had a better ooc schedule than tosu and actually won all of theirs..
    How can you justify TCU being included when they lost to Baylor head-to-head?

If you really believe Baylor's OOC schedule had nothing to do with them being left out, then there's no point in having this conversation with you. Of course it did, and that was discussed the entire season.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SouthFortySooner's Avatar
    vCash

Oklahoma hasn't tackled him yet.
    " Ok children put your hands on your heart... and face Norman."

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerForLife92 View Post
    I'm no tOSU fan to say the least, but I can't agree with that at all. If one wants to say that TCU had one OOC game that was better than anything on tOSU's slate I'll buy it, but overall, tOSU had 3 bowl teams (Va. Tech, Cincy, & Navy) & one clunker (Kent St.) on theirs, while TCU had one bowl team (Minnesota), 1 dog (SMU), & 1 FCS team ( Samford).
    Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb.

Quote Originally Posted by Salt City Sooner View Post
    I'm no tOSU fan to say the least, but I can't agree with that at all. If one wants to say that TCU had one OOC game that was better than anything on tOSU's slate I'll buy it, but overall, tOSU had 3 bowl teams (Va. Tech, Cincy, & Navy) & one clunker (Kent St.) on theirs, while TCU had one bowl team (Minnesota), 1 dog (SMU), & 1 FCS team ( Samford).
    Playing a ranked (for the majority of the season) team from a power five conference and an SMU that was probably better when when they were scheduled is better than playing sub-par "bowl" teams. Tcu actually played a team from Ohio State's conference and beat them in a much more impressive manner than Ohio State did. They also didn't lose to a 6-6 "bowl" team
    Last edited by SoonerForLife92; 12/17/2014 at 02:45 AM.

How can you justify TCU being included when they lost to Baylor head-to-head?

If you really believe Baylor's OOC schedule had nothing to do with them being left out, then there's no point in having this conversation with you. Of course it did, and that was discussed the entire season.
    You're the one who brought up ooc strength. I can justify it by them randomly falling two spots after winning their last game by about 50. They beat minnesota in a much more impressive manner than Ohio State. This committee stated they would take into accout cross conference play and how much more impressive a team won a game against a common opponent. TCU lost to a quality team... It was a much "better" lose than Ohio states's which apparently the committee is supposed to take into account also. All these things they take into account apparently didn't matter in the last rankings.
    Last edited by SoonerForLife92; 12/17/2014 at 02:43 AM.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Salt City Sooner View Post
    They lost to Virginia Tech....at home. Lets see who this "bowl team" beat in order to become bowl eligible. Here's their schedule:

vs William and Mary (quite the powerhouse there) - W
    vs Ohio State - W
    vs Western Michigan - W
    vs North Carolina - W
    vs Duke - W
    vs Virginia W

Their losses:
    vs East Carolina - L
    vs Georgia Tech - L
    vs Pitt - L
    vs Miami - L
    vs Boston College (of all places) - L
    vs Wake - L

Now, I don't like to play in hypotheticals. Hypothetical arguments like "TCU would have won on a neutral field!" are asinine and pointless. HOWEVER, just for ****s and giggles, I'm going to point out the fact that Buffalo very well could have (and probably would have been) bowl eligible had one of their games not been cancelled. So, that would have been an extra win against a bowl team. A ****ty *** bowl team just like Va Tech but a bowl team nonetheless.

vCash

Actually, that's not at all what they said on selection day. That's what the pundits were saying, but Jeff Long said over and over and over again that the reason Ohio State was selected over Baylor was because of the extra game/conference championship game that Ohio State played. Now, this is directly counter to what he and the CFPC said prior to this season. It's counter to the information that the CFPC put out. They said, in the pre-season, that a conference would NOT be penalized for not having a conference championship game. And, yet, there was Long telling everyone immediately after the selection that our lack of a championship game and a clear winner was the reason for putting Ohio State ahead. That's absolute bull****, and that sack of **** Bawlsby is largely to blame.