Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SoonerorLater's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Am I a bad person for enjoying this so much?

Quote Originally Posted by SicEmBaylor View Post
    Actually, that's not at all what they said on selection day. That's what the pundits were saying, but Jeff Long said over and over and over again that the reason Ohio State was selected over Baylor was because of the extra game/conference championship game that Ohio State played. Now, this is directly counter to what he and the CFPC said prior to this season. It's counter to the information that the CFPC put out. They said, in the pre-season, that a conference would NOT be penalized for not having a conference championship game. And, yet, there was Long telling everyone immediately after the selection that our lack of a championship game and a clear winner was the reason for putting Ohio State ahead. That's absolute bull****, and that sack of **** Bawlsby is largely to blame.
    This whole process is a trainwreck. What we now have is a system more capricious and arbitrary than the BCS ever was. I agree that in a fair system Baylor should have went in before Ohio St. IMO the non-conf has some validity but it's more of a red herring. Baylor has a better win than any win by Ohio St. (by the committee's own rankings) and Ohio St has a worse loss than Baylor. Even despite the weak non-conf Baylor has a higher SOS. This is just the committee making things come out like they see fit then looking for any justification to validate the decision they wanted to make. This is why this system needs to be trashed ASAP.

http://www.teamrankings.com/college-...hedule-by-team

SoonerFans.com Elite Member KantoSooner's Avatar
    vCash

Folks, it's a business. Outside of the state of Texas, the number of people who've heard of 'Baylor', not to mention that subset who want to watch them play football, is some single digit percentage of those who Ohio State can deliver to a bowl game. There's your 'tie breaker'.
    "I don't know karate, but I know ka-razor!" - James Brown

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

In other words, Baylor should have hired their PR firm long before it was clear the playoff committee didn't like them

vCash

How in hell did a Thread making fun fun of JFF get jacked to be about baylor?
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by olevetonahill View Post
    Johnny Effing and Baylor have much in common.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by KantoSooner View Post
    Johnny Effing and Baylor have much in common.
    heh.
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by olevetonahill View Post
    heh.
    I like to think of this as a flexible and ever evolving message board.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerorLater View Post
    I like to think of this as a flexible and ever evolving message board.
    Symbolized by the immortal wonder that was, is and ever shall be....."Delete Me".

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerForLife92 View Post
    Playing a ranked (for the majority of the season) team from a power five conference and an SMU that was probably better when when they were scheduled is better than playing sub-par "bowl" teams. Tcu actually played a team from Ohio State's conference and beat them in a much more impressive manner than Ohio State did. They also didn't lose to a 6-6 "bowl" team
    I've already conceded that Minnesota is a better individual game than anything on tOSU's OOC. I'm talking about the overall set though, & if anybody would be willing to bet that either SMU or Samford would beat Navy or Va. Tech (I'm leaving Cincy out of this because they were a 9 win team, which for mathematical purposes would be the closest thing to Minnesota in this, although obviously that's edge to UM for doing it in a P5 conference) as mediocre as Tech was, let's just say that I'd be on that wager in a heartbeat. As for the "better when they were scheduled" thing, you can say the same thing about the Va. Tech/tOSU set.

Oh, & Sic'em, tOSU losing to Va. Tech does nothing but strengthen my point that tOSU's OOC's > TCU's OOC's. We already know that Minnesota couldn't, because they met (on the Gophers' home field, while TCU got Minnesota in Ft. Worth) & the Buckeyes came out on top. Anybody willing to say that either SMU or Samford could pull off what Va. Tech did? Yeah, me neither.
    Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb.

vCash

My fault. I noted that Sunday was a fun day for watching bad quarterbacks, not just limited to Johnny, but also RG3 and 11. Then SicEm jumped in to defend his beloved Highs Man Trough Fee Winnah and several pages later it hasn't stopped.

vCash

Yes, Johnny Manziel's first start did not go well.

There now we are back on track.

vCash

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerorLater View Post
    Yes, Johnny Manziel's first start did not go well.

There now we are back on track.
    Americans have the collective attention span of a gnat, so we'll see how long this last.

BTW, who thinks JH did a bang up job this year?

vCash

Bang up as in good, or bang up as in I'm-gonna-bang-up-the-middle-on-fourth-and-1 WITHTHEGAMEONTHELINE!!!! and-not-get-a-yard?

Post Re: Am I a bad person for enjoying this so much?

Quote Originally Posted by Salt City Sooner View Post
    I've already conceded that Minnesota is a better individual game than anything on tOSU's OOC. I'm talking about the overall set though, & if anybody would be willing to bet that either SMU or Samford would beat Navy or Va. Tech (I'm leaving Cincy out of this because they were a 9 win team, which for mathematical purposes would be the closest thing to Minnesota in this, although obviously that's edge to UM for doing it in a P5 conference) as mediocre as Tech was, let's just say that I'd be on that wager in a heartbeat. As for the "better when they were scheduled" thing, you can say the same thing about the Va. Tech/tOSU set.

Oh, & Sic'em, tOSU losing to Va. Tech does nothing but strengthen my point that tOSU's OOC's > TCU's OOC's. We already know that Minnesota couldn't, because they met (on the Gophers' home field, while TCU got Minnesota in Ft. Worth) & the Buckeyes came out on top. Anybody willing to say that either SMU or Samford could pull off what Va. Tech did? Yeah, me neither.
    I missed the part where you explained how tOsu losing to a 6-6 team is a better loss than tcu losing to the number 5 (arguably) team in the nation. A team that was slighty ranked above/then below them for a good chunk of the season.... before the last rankings of course when the committee lost all credibility just because they wanted to avoid the big 12's co-champion nonsense.

Well back on topic I absolutely loved watching johnny fail. His first scramble he almost got the first but a linebacker came in and just laid on him so he wouldn't get the first. Welcome to real big boy football johnny dip****

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerForLife92 View Post
    I missed the part where you explained how tOsu losing to a 6-6 team is a better loss than tcu losing to the number 5 (arguably) team in the nation. A team that was slighty ranked above/then below them for a good chunk of the season.... before the last rankings of course when the committee lost all credibility just because they wanted to avoid the big 12's co-champion nonsense.
    That would be because that's a point that I would never try to make, nor even insinuate. If you'll go back & look at what I bolded in your post that I quoted in my first post, the only thing that I was pointing out was that tOSU's overall OOC slate > TCU's. That's it, nothing more, nothing less.
    Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb.

Quote Originally Posted by Salt City Sooner View Post
    That would be because that's a point that I would never try to make, nor even insinuate. If you'll go back & look at what I bolded in your post that I quoted in my first post, the only thing that I was pointing out was that tOSU's overall OOC slate > TCU's. That's it, nothing more, nothing less.
    My mistake. I still disagree though... In my opinion that minnesota game is far more impressive than ohio state's opponents. Also strength of schedule doesn't matter when they lost to the only team really worth mentioning. Your argument would make a lot more sense to me if ohio state beat Vtech and lost to say michigan state. (I know this isn't what you're arguing but) also they have a common opponent that tcu handled much much better... This committee is a fraud already.