Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash

Re: "Air Raid" vs "Ground and Pound"

Quote Originally Posted by Eielson View Post
    I'd take our WRs over that same time span. Shepard and Cooper are on a similar level, and I'd take a combination of Broyles, Stills, Saunders, Brown, etc. over just Julio Jones at the college level. I don't think that they've had anybody else other than perhaps Norwood that would have made a significant impact here.

I think it's easier to consistently have a great ground game and a competent passing game than the other way around. With the passing attack, it's all based on the QB developing and being able to make the right decisions on gameday, and that's a lot riskier than hoping one of your RBs will be able to hit the hole. If Yeldon went down for Alabama, they would just plug another guy in and keep chugging. I don't think a team like Baylor can succeed without Petty, and as we saw, OU went from title contenders to unranked in a hurry without Bradford.
    We can't succeed without Petty? We succeeded with Florence. We succeeded with Griffin. Briles has succeeded with virtually every QB he's ever had.

Also, we don't have an Air Raid offense. We don't have anything even remotely resembling an Air Raid offense. I really don't know where some of you pull this bull**** out of. An anus produces better **** than this.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Re: "Air Raid" vs "Ground and Pound"

Quote Originally Posted by SicEmBaylor View Post
    We can't succeed without Petty? We succeeded with Florence. We succeeded with Griffin. Briles has succeeded with virtually every QB he's ever had.
    I was clearly talking about injuries, and Florence doesn't have any eligiblity left. Seth Russell is your QB, and I saw part of that Tech game. Not that he's horrible, but he's not Petty. If Yeldon went down, there isn't a dropoff to Henry. In fact, Henry is probably better.

Also, we don't have an Air Raid offense. We don't have anything even remotely resembling an Air Raid offense. I really don't know where some of you pull this bull**** out of. An anus produces better **** than this.
    You sure do get sensitive anytime Baylor is mentioned.

I don't mean that you run the Air Raid offense in the same way that Leach runs it. I don't believe this thread was forcing us to choose between what Leach ran at Tech or running the ball all but 10 plays a game. You do utilize some parts of the Air Raid offense, though. I was only giving examples of one of the better pass-heavy teams vs. one of the better run-heavy teams. It's not like Alabama can't throw the ball. Sims threw for over 400 yards against Florida. Alabama's is ultimately a running team, though, and Baylor is a passing team. BTW, Tech has a 1,000 yard rusher this year, so don't claim that it makes you a non-passing team.