Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerjeepman's Avatar
    vCash

Re: 2010 recruiting (2011 class) is partially to blame for this year

Quote Originally Posted by 8timechamps View Post
    Tapko was injured and "retired". Stevenson quit football altogether. Hughes hung around for a couple of years, but never did much. The coaches eventually moved him to the O-line, trying to find a spot for him, but it never really worked. He also gave up on football. Kameel Jackson actually quit football, then decided to play at a JUCO. He's actually looking to get back to D1 with Tennessee.
    funny, he was the one guy on your post about other offers that I thought actually had offers the I would put on an even keel with OU. A few had ND and Neb...but most of the other schools that offered the guys were below OU's standards (IMHO)...even though they were D1...maybe KSU could be in there.

Yes, nice these guys had D1 offers...but not from elite programs...except for a few.
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

Administrator
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerjeepman View Post
    funny, he was the one guy on your post about other offers that I thought actually had offers the I would put on an even keel with OU. A few had ND and Neb...but most of the other schools that offered the guys were below OU's standards (IMHO)...even though they were D1...maybe KSU could be in there.

Yes, nice these guys had D1 offers...but not from elite programs...except for a few.
    You have to remember that most of those guys are region (mostly Texas). So, they're being targeted more by the regional powers (and you can see that Missouri and Nebraska were prominent with a few). That's not unlike most recruits OU was going after at that time. Since then, we've expanded the scope quite a bit more, looking at more California and east coast kids now.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by 8timechamps View Post
    Not sure what you're referring to, but only 3 Sooners made the AP All-conference first team:

Eric Striker
    Samaje Perine
    Daryl Williams

Second team included 4 Sooners

Tyrus Thompson
    Sterling Shepard
    Dom Alexander
    Jordan Phillips

Second team doesn't mean much in the big picture, but first team guys are typically excellent players. We only had 3 this year. The second team guys are all very good, and I think Shepard would have been a lock for first team had he not gotten beat.
    I hadn't seen what the media experts voted. I went off the Big 12 coaches vote. The coaches voted...1st team Perine, Shepard, Williams, Thompson, Striker and Sanchez ... 2nd team...Ripkowski, Shead, Ndulue and Phillips.

Big Pimpin' stoops the eternal pimp's Avatar
    vCash

There are about 3 or so classes from the last decade that have looked similar..Very little to show for.

And yet another reason I don't get much into recruiting.
    Bazinga