Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Sooner Rookie
    vCash

Re: Is anybody going to the bowl game?

The Wife and I are going, our daughter lives in Panama City. We'll get to spend a couple of days with her. Not looking for much of a game tho. Hope we get decent seats. Getting them thru OU.

I wouldn't go to watch that debacle even if was all paid for.
    Posted from iOS app

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerinSECland View Post
    There is no way that I will go to this game. It's really the only recourse I have (other than not renewing my season tickets that I've had since I was a student - and that's not gonna happen) to protest what I feel has been ****-poor coaching this season. I love the Sooners and will continue to do so. It doesn't mean that I need to throw money their way every time they ask for it to reward a lackluster effort on the coaches' behalf.

Here's hoping that they get their stuff squared away and drive toward a strong 2015.

Smart man. I'm with you. The more tickets the school has to return, the more likely that Boren and Castiglione will light a fire under Bob. There is no motivation if ticket revenue and merchandizing doesn't suffer.

Sooner Starter
    vCash

....Nope, spent enough this year for a crappy product

ss
    "You can trouble me for a warm glass of shut-the-hell-up"

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Soonerfan88's Avatar
    vCash

I was planning on it until I looked at airfare. Because it's the weekend after Christmas, prices are way too high for me and I don't have time to drive. It will only be the 2nd bowl game I've missed under Stoops - didn't go in 1999 either.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

I couldn't even tell you what the bowl is called, that's how much I care. Kind of like the Iowa bowl game a few years ago.

vCash

been to 12 out of the last 13. it is looking unlikely that i'll go, but not because of the team. although, if this was a real game or not in Orlando, i'd most likely be making more of an effort to get there

Quote Originally Posted by badger View Post
    If the bowl game was in Tulsa, I'd definitely go. So, if you're in the Orlando vicinity by all means go

I wonder what teams would do at a Tulsa bowl...
    Spend the whole first half looking for a place to park.
    Aries

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerjeepman's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Sooner in Tampa View Post
    Just think if you worked in the PRIVATE SECTOR
    lol...yup.
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerjeepman's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by 8timechamps View Post
    I'm debating it.

I've been to about a dozen bowl games, and the ONLY time I didn't enjoy myself was the title game in New Orleans. Even with the loss I would have enjoyed the trip, but the LSU fans were so awful it ruined it completely.

I went to the Insight bowl a few years ago and had as much fun as I've had at just about any bowl game. What made it so much fun was the cost. Since it wasn't a premier bowl, the tickets, travel, etc. was much cheaper than a BCS or title game. We had amazing seats and got to be on the sidelines when the team came out for warm-ups.

I'm leaning toward going, but still not sure.
    no doubt..the ONE time I get to go to a bowl...the BIG one at that....those fans are the biggest a-holes anywhere.
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerjeepman View Post
    lol...yup.
    If you did, you probably wouldn't get the time off to go, either.

Cant see spending money to travel over 800 miles to watch Stoops,Heupel,BJW get out coached again.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Sooner in Tampa's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerjeepman View Post
    no doubt..the ONE time I get to go to a bowl...the BIG one at that....those fans are the biggest a-holes anywhere.
    I went to the BIG one when we played Saint Tebow and his Gaytors...the UF fans were not bad at all, a couple of doosh bags here and there. I had a great time...with the exception of the final outcome. AND I it was awesome running into Leroy Selmon after the game...damn what a great man...RIP Leroy.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Beanbag View Post
    Six stitches is a pretty decent sized gash.
    Quote Originally Posted by OUthunder View Post
    To hell with Nebraska...they are overrated and irrelevant.

vCash

Well, we got tix @ $41 a seat. Damn cheap game, we in the first level right above the tunnel that OU will presumably enter from...

Not overly excited about the game right now, but I am sure on game day that will change...me and 4 wimmens goin...hell if that ain't a good time!!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Sooner in Tampa View Post
    Well, we got tix @ $41 a seat. Damn cheap game, we in the first level right above the tunnel that OU will presumably enter from...

Not overly excited about the game right now, but I am sure on game day that will change...me and 4 wimmens goin...hell if that ain't a good time!!
    4 Wimmens? Thats an Orgy Bro.
    enjoy yerself. Now that everyone is healthy for the game(lets hope they stay that way) I see us winning nicely
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

HMFIC
    vCash

Yeah, I'll be there. #300 in a row.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    Yeah, I'll be there. #300 in a row.
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by olevetonahill View Post
    4 Wimmens? Thats an Orgy Bro.
    enjoy yerself. Now that everyone is healthy for the game(lets hope they stay that way) I see us winning nicely
    Hahaha...maybe...if'in a couple of them weren't my daughters

Oh, and I heard parking at this shindig is the SUCK!!!

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 PalmBeachSooner's Avatar
    vCash

I actually went to the Citrus Bowl back in the late 80's when we played Clemson. I think the final score was like 13-7 Clemson. I remember OU had a huge pass play late in the game that would have been a touchdown but the ball was under thrown and the receiver's knee touched.

I expect this version of OU vs. Clemson to be similar score wise. Clemson's offense is pretty bad and I imagine Clemson's defense will stifle our offense for the most parts.

Orlando is way too crowded this time of year so there's that to look forward to as well.

Sounds like good times to be had by all.

vCash

I went to every bowl game under Stoops until USC. That trip was entirely too expensive. Paying that much to watch the team straight up quit on the field forced me to do some cost-benefit analysis.
    The enduring image of Oklahoma was that ridiculous double–middle finger of a game-icing kick. It was probably an accident, which somehow made it more, not less, insulting. It was as though Stoops had partied so hard on the corpse of the SEC that he woke up with an unplanned tattoo.