Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member Sooner in Tampa's Avatar
    vCash

Is anybody going to the bowl game?

It seems like the majority of fans so disgusted with this season and that horrific ending to OU-OSU that there will not be too many folks traveling to Orlando.

Is anybody going to make the trip? It's only a little over an hour away, so I damn sure need to make this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Beanbag View Post
    Six stitches is a pretty decent sized gash.
    Quote Originally Posted by OUthunder View Post
    To hell with Nebraska...they are overrated and irrelevant.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerjeepman's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Is anybody going to the bowl game?

It would be a great vaca..either way...but no, my gooberment job doesn't pay enough.
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 ouduckhunter's Avatar
    North Carolina via Oreygon, Texas, and the great state of Oklahoma
    vCash

Husband is mildly interested in making the trip, but me not so much. It's driveable for us, so who knows.
    From the home of Seymour Johnson Air Force Base...

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerjeepman View Post
    It would be a great vaca..either way...but no, my gooberment job doesn't pay enough.
    Just think if you worked in the PRIVATE SECTOR

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

If the bowl game was in Tulsa, I'd definitely go. So, if you're in the Orlando vicinity by all means go

I wonder what teams would do at a Tulsa bowl...

Sooner Rookie
    vCash

There is no way that I will go to this game. It's really the only recourse I have (other than not renewing my season tickets that I've had since I was a student - and that's not gonna happen) to protest what I feel has been ****-poor coaching this season. I love the Sooners and will continue to do so. It doesn't mean that I need to throw money their way every time they ask for it to reward a lackluster effort on the coaches' behalf.

Here's hoping that they get their stuff squared away and drive toward a strong 2015.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Tear Down This Wall's Avatar
    vCash

Not interested in the Russell Socks and Shoes Bowl. I'm sure the players' parents and girlfriends will go.
    "General Secretary Gorbachev, if you seek peace, if you seek prosperity for the Soviet Union and Eastern Europe, if you seek liberalization: Come here to this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, open this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!"
    President Ronald Reagan at the Berlin Wall, June 12, 1987

vCash

Looks like the going rate is about $40 each. Not bad if you don't need airfare, hotel... and food

vCash

There really are too many bowl games. I think with this bowl and others so positioned, the schools participating are pretty much lucky to break even after all is said and done. Surely, both OU and Clemson will take their football teams and bands. That's a lot of humans to pay for just right there with that batch of flesh to fly back and forth, room for a few days, and give per diems and whatnot.
    "General Secretary Gorbachev, if you seek peace, if you seek prosperity for the Soviet Union and Eastern Europe, if you seek liberalization: Come here to this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, open this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!"

vCash

Laundry money and sundries...it all adds up.

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

The wife and I are going but only because it is in Orlando. We have made reservations for Disney World for New Year's Eve as well. I really don't expect much of a game.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by oudanny View Post
    The wife and I are going but only because it is in Orlando. We have made reservations for Disney World for New Year's Eve as well. I really don't expect much of a game.
    Disney World on New Year's Eve??? That joint is CRAZY!!! They usually fill the park by mid-afternoon. We did it one year...crossed it off of the bucket list, and I will maybe do it again one day when I have grandchildren.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 okiewaker's Avatar
    vCash
    I would if I didn't use up all this years vacations. I was sure we would be playing in a bowl game sometime after the 31st. I get a new set of fresh downs on the 1st an was planning on going to whatever bowl when the new year arrived, but,,,,Nooooooo.
    Posted from iOS app

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Too far away. I refuse to fly any more. I like to take my golf clubs, but the last time we flew the bags were torn into. Stupid, as we were going to a golf resort! And they could x-ray them.....

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Sooner in Tampa View Post
    Disney World on New Year's Eve??? That joint is CRAZY!!! They usually fill the park by mid-afternoon. We did it one year...crossed it off of the bucket list, and I will maybe do it again one day when I have grandchildren.
    I was amazed at how crowded Disneyland was right before OU's Rose Bowl (the band got to march in a parade). At least we got to see some awesome choreographed fireworks

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Sooner in Tampa View Post
    My ex-wife and I went to Disney World New Years Eve before the OU-Nebraska Orange Bowl. Once was enough.
    Ukraine: Not Our Fight.

More epicycles!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member birddog's Avatar
    vCash

Never had the chance to make a bowl game and I'm confident I'm not missing out on this one.

No way.

Administrator
    vCash

I'm debating it.

I've been to about a dozen bowl games, and the ONLY time I didn't enjoy myself was the title game in New Orleans. Even with the loss I would have enjoyed the trip, but the LSU fans were so awful it ruined it completely.

I went to the Insight bowl a few years ago and had as much fun as I've had at just about any bowl game. What made it so much fun was the cost. Since it wasn't a premier bowl, the tickets, travel, etc. was much cheaper than a BCS or title game. We had amazing seats and got to be on the sidelines when the team came out for warm-ups.

I'm leaning toward going, but still not sure.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

As a serious Disney person (living about 100 miles from Disneyland and an annual passholder for over a decade), never ever go to Disneyland or WDW between Christmas and New Year's. Seriously. It is the single busiest week at both properties. Absolutely crazy.

If I was going to Orlando for the game (I'm not...but headed there a week later for the WDW Marathon...wish me luck!), I'd spend some time at Universal, with its two parks and the new Harry Potter attractions, if you're into that sort of thing. Also it's worth driving to Canaveral (about 40 miles away) to go see NASA. That's a great experience and well worth the drive and the cost.

Wonder if Gerald McCoy might wander over from Tampa to the game?