Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    Wishing I was moving to Monroe, Oklahoma...
    vCash

Re: CIA Report:Exposing The Stain On America

This is all about Feinstein giving the finger to the CIA... nothing more.
    Everything progressives do is aimed at weakening democracy, capitalism and the social and cultural institutions that support those things...... They are about subjugating people and being a ruling class.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Serenity Now View Post
    Because he's earned the right to be quoted on the issue. Hell, he's the one person that I've seen speaking to the issue that has done so.

This is not partisan crap.
    Please tell me you don't really believe that. A former CIA Director called the report a 'prosecutorial skreed'.
    I don't know what's wrong, but it's probably your fault.

Olevet Posse

Administrator
    vCash

I'm fine with the release of the report. I do have to question the timing, but regardless I think it needed to be made public.

I don't really buy into the "this will only put our people in harm's way" argument. If you're working/living in an area known for radical violent behavior, then you better have your head on a swivel. It's not like the ones looking to kill American's need another reason, they are already actively trying to do just that. As for military personal, again, if you're deployed in a hot area, you damn sure better have your guard up.

I'm still on the fence when it comes to "enhanced interrogating techniques", because I do believe it can be useful in certain situations, however, since our leaders came out and said "we don't do that", and we were among the organizing countries to establish the Geneva convention guidelines, we need to adhere to them. Of course the slimy ****s that are looking to do us harm have no issue with doing those things (and worse) to us, but war isn't fair.

It's not that dissimilar to the whole NSA ordeal. You can always use the "if it saves one American life, it's worth it" argument, but it really doesn't wash in the end.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SoonerProphet's Avatar
    vCash

We have turned into a nation of cowards. Eager to run to the hills in fright of that next boogeyman guised as an "ism". Giving up our liberties, freedom, and identity as a hearty folk capable of defending our hearth and home. When we don't have principles and morals, then we have nothing.

The liberties of a people never were, nor ever will be, secure, when the transactions of their rulers may be concealed from them. Patrick Henry

Allegedly Pokish
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by yermom View Post
    not sure why you would quote that RINO
    Because I give his words a little more authority than the average bloviating politician since unlike the rest, he has experienced torture first-hand.

Because he's willing to cross so-called party lines on this issue. To my disgust, I see few politicians that have the balls to cross the party line on any issue, no matter what common sense might dictate. Absolutely no attempts to compromise from either side. The Missouri Compromise, however doomed to fail, was just that, a compromise. Neither side got what they wanted. But compromise is so a century and a half ago, apparently.

Our Congress is supposed to represent we the people, not them the party, and in theory at least, work for what's best for the citizenry as a whole rather than what's best for the party. But they don't. The party is the priority, not the people. Both parties are guilty of this.

Finally, because I agree with him. I don't see this as a partisan issue either. It's an American issue. We are supposed to be the good guys, the standard of freedom for the rest of the world. If we are justifying doing **** like this for whatever reason, what gives us the moral authority to call out other countries for whatever heinous practices we don't agree with? Let him who is without sin cast the first stone.

And with that I will kick myself in the *** now from here to Sunday for breaking my personal rule against arguing politics with strangers on the internets, for that way lies madness. I blame insomnia.

Carry on.
    Last edited by SanDiegoSoonerGal; 12/12/2014 at 01:04 AM.

vCash

Heh^

Now this LOL
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

Allegedly Pokish
    vCash

Are you mocking me, Vet?

That picture breaks my heart. Long ago I lived in Manhattan. I could see the World Trade Center from my street even though it was distant. Lost New Yorkers used it as a guidance tool--where's the WTC? Okay then that's south (downtown), we need to turn around and go north (uptown).

I remember the first attack on it, the bomb in the underground parking lot, walking down the street and thinking that's odd, why does the WTC look so dark as if there are no lights on in it? It was a cloudy, gloomy day and the WTC should have been glowing.

I remember 9/11 oh so well, watching the TV coverage and seeing through the smoke that one of the towers was gone. Then the other one fell. I thought I would never be happy again.

I remember all that and I still believe the USA should be the good guys who unlike other countries don't torture people.

With that I'm really out of here and kicking my own *** even harder from here to Sunday.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SanDiegoSoonerGal View Post
    Because I give his words a little more authority than the average bloviating politician since unlike the rest, he has experienced torture first-hand.

Because he's willing to cross so-called party lines on this issue. To my disgust, I see few politicians that have the balls to cross the party line on any issue, no matter what common sense might dictate. Absolutely no attempts to compromise from either side. The Missouri Compromise, however doomed to fail, was just that, a compromise. Neither side got what they wanted. But compromise is so a century and a half ago, apparently.

Our Congress is supposed to represent we the people, not them the party, and in theory at least, work for what's best for the citizenry as a whole rather than what's best for the party. But they don't. The party is the priority, not the people. Both parties are guilty of this.

Finally, because I agree with him. I don't see this as a partisan issue either. It's an American issue. We are supposed to be the good guys, the standard of freedom for the rest of the world. If we are justifying doing **** like this for whatever reason, what gives us the moral authority to call out other countries for whatever heinous practices we don't agree with? Let him who is without sin cast the first stone.

And with that I will kick myself in the *** now from here to Sunday for breaking my personal rule against arguing politics with strangers on the internets, for that way lies madness. I blame insomnia.

Carry on.
    I believe yermon was being tongue in cheek. Check the posting record.

PS - For insomnia, I recommend Atlas Shrugged. The internets will just raise your blood pressure.
    Ukraine: Not Our Fight.

More epicycles!

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 hawaii 5-0's Avatar
    vCash

I'm all for any opportunity to see Dlck Cheney lie to the American people once again.

It's already a deep hole.

5-0
    BOY HOWDY !!!!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Turd_Ferguson's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by hawaii 5-0 View Post
    I'm all for any opportunity to see Dlck Cheney lie to the American people once again.

5-0

When did you see him lie before?

OleVet Posse Instigator

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Turd_Ferguson View Post
    Most every time he opened his mouth!

vCash

I'll come back later to this issue. I've got mixed emotions about it, but, I
    truly believe that Cheney, Rumsfeld, Wolfowitz and, to, some extent, W
    all meet the standard of war criminals.....jmo....

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by rock on sooner View Post
    Yes, so you've told us a couple a thousand times. You sound like my burnt out tote the line DIM father in law...

OleVet Posse Instigator

vCash

Hey, Rock. Your pal Cheney is on Meet the Press and is making minced meat out of Chuck Todd. Tune in!

OleVet Posse Instigator

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by hawaii 5-0 View Post

5-0
    Most every time he opened his mouth
    !

Thats ALL Politicians, LOL
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

vCash

Hey, Rock. Your pal Cheney is on Meet the Press and is making minced meat out of Chuck Todd. Tune in!
    1. He aint my pal...
    2. I watched it and listened to it..
    3. No matter how he spins (oops, sorry..) with Iraq and WMD
    He's still a criminal (never mind his shotgun stuff!)...
    4. That is the most animated I've ever seen a VP defending his
    position,
    5. And, having said that, gotta hand to a weak heart to get so
    exercised.

No matter what, Cheney, Rumsfeld, Wofowitz and maybe W, got
    damned close, if not actually, the war crime thing. TF, no way
    to say it any other way....

And, BTW, it's not a couple of thousand, just a few dozen...heh...
    Oh, and I wish more "guests" would stand up to all these TV folks..
    sure can't knock Cheney for being tuff....

SoonerFans.com Elite Member swardboy's Avatar
    vCash

Because he's earned the right to be quoted on the issue. Hell, he's the one person that I've seen speaking to the issue that has done so.

This is not partisan crap.
    You treat McCain as if he's the ONLY voice from the military on this subject. Hardly. And it's hardly the voice that speaks for his contemporaries. News alert: He's spent most of his life being a POLITICIAN.
    "I'm going to request that you stop posting in this thread." - circa 2008
    "Why does there have to be so much immature stuff on here?" - circa 2010

SoonerFans.com Elite Member FaninAma's Avatar
    vCash

But not for torturing enemy combatants. They should be brought up on charges of wasting American lives in the stupid and futile effort of attempting to bring order to a centuries old sectarian war in a region where violence and hatred are the pillars of the culture.

If the Bush administration is charged for torturing suspected terrorists then march Obama in right behind them for the colateral killing of civilians his drone strikes caused.
    Last edited by FaninAma; 12/15/2014 at 01:41 PM.
    Beware the man who would rule you for your own good. He will never cease. He will regulate every aspect of your life, destroy your liberty and enslave you, and sleep well convinced that he has made the world a better place.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by FaninAma View Post
    But not for torturing enemy combatants. They should be brought up on charges of wasting American lives in a stupid and futile effort attempting to bring order to a centuries old sectarian war in a region where violence and hatred is a part of the culture.

If the Bush administration is charged for torturing suspected terrorists then march Obama in right behind them for the colateral killing of civilians his drone strikes caused.
    All of the above, including torture. Even if you somehow don't see torture as immoral, it's also against international treaties that the US signed. Treaties are established in the Constitution as part of the supreme law of the land.

I would add Obama should face additional charges for failing to prosecute Bush, Cheney, et al for getting us in to the Iraq War as well as for torture.
    Ukraine: Not Our Fight.

More epicycles!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by TAFBSooner View Post
    All of the above, including torture. Even if you somehow don't see torture as immoral, it's also against international treaties that the US signed. Treaties are established in the Constitution as part of the supreme law of the land.

I would add Obama should face additional charges for failing to prosecute Bush, Cheney, et al for getting us in to the Iraq War
    as well as for torture.
    Then yer sayin ya want kerry and Billiary prosecuted as well? Plus any other Politician who voted to go into Iraq?