Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 dwarthog's Avatar
    vCash

Clemson's phenom Freshman QB may be out

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Re: Clemson's phenom Freshman QB may be out

It would be a no brainer if I were Clemson's coach. Get the kids rehab started early and don't risk further damage playing in a low level bowl game.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Great. So neither team will have a serviceable QB. Ought to be a real barnburner of a game. Hopefully we can get healthy. Getting Shepard and Perine back would be a big help.

vCash

I wouldn't risk Shepard or Perine either. If Perine admits he'll be out a couple of weeks, I suspect that's an absolute minimum and the game is only 3 weeks away.

vCash

I wouldn't risk Knight, even if he's cleared, because his injury is one of the scarier ones.

I wouldn't play Shepard, because I'm a selfish prick, and wouldn't want him to get 250 yards and boost his draft stock to late 1st round. (We're being honest, right?)

If Perine is only 80%, I wouldn't play him, but that's mainly because his 80% isn't good enough to be out there on the field anyway. I'm not super concerned about his ankle.

vCash

And ankle sprain can be very serious depending on the degree of ligament damage. The only thing I'm counting on is that we won't get any reliable information about it from the team.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner79 View Post
    And ankle sprain can be very serious depending on the degree of ligament damage. The only thing I'm counting on is that we won't get any reliable information about it from the team.
    It can be, but if he's healthy enough that he would be a better option than Ford and Ross, then it's not a serious enough concern to be worried about his long term health.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

We're pretty banged up. This year has been a weird mix of 2009 and 2011 in that way, with a bit of 'Groundhog Day' thrown in for good measure.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Eielson View Post
    It can be, but if he's healthy enough that he would be a better option than Ford and Ross, then it's not a serious enough concern to be worried about his long term health.
    That's obvious. I'm just saying that if Stoops announces that Perine is out a few days before the game, I won't be surprised. Unless he gets spotted by someone practicing at full speed, we'll be kept in the dark.

Administrator
    vCash

Just read that Watson WILL NOT PLAY in the bowl game. They're opting for surgery to get a jump start on the recovery, which is a smart decision to me.

I don't know that it'll matter much, depending on which team shows up.

Sooner Starter
    vCash

Won't matter. This year our defense has made horrible QB's, and inexperienced QB's look like Peyton Manning. Oh sorry, did I type that out loud? Damn natty lite
    "Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, to assure the survival and success of liberty."
    - President John F. Kennedy

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by 8timechamps View Post
    Just read that Watson WILL NOT PLAY in the bowl game. They're opting for surgery to get a jump start on the recovery, which is a smart decision to me.

I don't know that it'll matter much, depending on which team shows up.
    This year may be more a question than most if we have coaches out working their networks for new jobs (just in case, of course).

Sooner Starter Since71ASooner4Life's Avatar
    vCash

As they say on the Shark Tank ...... I'm Out. Not for good, but I cant take another moment of this years disappointment. I have less than zero interest in this bowl game

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Listening to the Franchise yesterday. . .talking to some beat writer for Clemson. One of the comments was "this may be a 0-0 game. . .your QB is hurt and OU doesn't even have one!" Ouch.

But like Since71, I'm done. I doubt I'll actually *watch* any more college football this year. Maybe K-State, if for no other reason than I can expect them NOT to beat themselves. They may lose, but they'll still play solid, fundamental football and not make stupid mistakes.

vCash

I'll watch the game because, well, I must. This has all the makings of a yawner like the game against Iowa. The players from both teams in that game looked like they would rather sit through a 3rd performance of the Nutcracker than play in that game. Without starting QBs and some of the staff (potentially) know they are gone, this one could be worse.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerjeepman's Avatar
    vCash

I'll watch...love a good train wreck.
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

vCash

I'd rather watch this than a scrimmage in the spring. That's for sure.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Tear Down This Wall's Avatar
    vCash

Hooray! Battle of the back up offenses! Maybe our defense can handle Clemson's 2nd stringer better than they did Oklahoma State's.
    "General Secretary Gorbachev, if you seek peace, if you seek prosperity for the Soviet Union and Eastern Europe, if you seek liberalization: Come here to this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, open this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!"
    President Ronald Reagan at the Berlin Wall, June 12, 1987