Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Re: Watering the Big12 down even further: Has it begun?

UCF had their best season ever last year and beat a Baylor team that obviously didn't care about being at the Fiesta Bowl. Granted, O'Leary has them trending positively. USF hasn't done anything in a few years. Ohio is a mediocre to bad team traditionally in a subpar conference. They are at their apex right now with Solich giving them 4-6 loss seasons. The state of Ohio does have a lot of football talent that Ohio State doesn't get...so it goes to other places like Penn State, Michigan, Michigan State, Pitt, etc... Every now and then an academic casualty or two will end up at a program like Ohio and exceed.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by EatLeadCommie View Post
    UCF had their best season ever last year and beat a Baylor team that obviously didn't care about being at the Fiesta Bowl.
    In UCF's best season ever, they beat Baylor...who was also having their best season ever.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Eielson View Post
    In UCF's best season ever, they beat Baylor...who was also having their best season ever.
    Take it up with SicEm. Baylor was a much better team than what they showed in the Fiesta Bowl.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Rock Hard Corn Frog's Avatar
    vCash

To me the status quo is the worst course of action. Either the Big 12 expands (Cincy and UCF would be my first 2 choices) or OU finds a way to jump to the Pac12, SEC,ACC whatever. Yes I think the 2 schools that are brought in are not going to do anything for the prestige of the league as far as football goes but Cincy is a relatively short trip from WV.

I don't think an OU team that goes 12-1 and wins a conference championship game is going to miss a playoff because Cincy joined the league.
    I do think an OU team that goes 11-1 and is part of a 2 or 3-way tiebreaker for a Big 12 championship could get passed over like TCU and Baylor were.

I think the tradition of the OU-Texas game is the best in all college football but I am more than happy to tell Texas to get bent if it is in the best interest of OU football and OU jumps to another league.
    "My landmass erupts with kittens."

vCash

Take it up with SicEm. Baylor was a much better team than what they showed in the Fiesta Bowl.
    We could say that about 2007 and 2008 Fiestas too...

vCash

Yeahh......and Alabama just thought the Sugar Bowl was a consolation game.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Sabanball's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by FaninAma View Post
    So what does the Big 12 do with Baylor? Nobody seems to want them? I think the SEC would take OU and OSU but I don't think they would take Baylor or TCU. You are correct in your recollection of the PAC 10 not wanting Baylor.
    No way the SEC ever takes the pokes. They, more than texas I think, are primarily why you're not in our conference. Well, that and David Boren.
    Oklahoma will begin working with the Pacific Institute after the 2009 season.

"(Oklahoma coach) Bob Stoops' words to me were, 'I want exactly what Alabama got,'" Institute instructor Antowaine Richardson said.

The University of Alabama --All-Time leader with 10 AP NC's in the modern era and back-to-back AP NC's 3 times (64/65, 78/79, 11/12)

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Sabanball View Post
    No way the SEC ever takes the pokes. They, more than texas I think, are primarily why you're not in our conference. Well, that and David Boren.
    You don't think that the SEC would take OU+Texas?

vCash

The SEC took Mizzou. To say they wouldn't take the Pokes is a bit silly, IMHO.

vCash

I think what Sabanball is getting at is their 1 school per state expansion policy.
    The enduring image of Oklahoma was that ridiculous double–middle finger of a game-icing kick. It was probably an accident, which somehow made it more, not less, insulting. It was as though Stoops had partied so hard on the corpse of the SEC that he woke up with an unplanned tattoo.

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

What if we add 2 teams, go to an 8-game conference schedule and make Nebraska a permanent OOC game. On top of that continue to schedule a name-brand P5 team OOC like we've been doing. I think that actually soundo better than what we've got now.