Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Administrator
    vCash

Re: Long post on random topics about this football team..Worst Thread Title Ever.

Quote Originally Posted by jkm, the stolen pifwafwi View Post
    Romar doesn't look too bad as a 3-4 NT, he clogs the middle well which is what you want there. The guy that I think is a pretty good 3-4 DE but trapped behind Tapper/Ndulae is Matt Dimon. I just feel like we are in this weird spot on the DL where we have talented 4-3 guys playing a 3-4 with talented 3-4 guys behind them. That is part of the reason I'm in the "jury is still out" camp.
    Couldn't agree with you more.

You feel that way because that's exactly what is happening. The starting D-line is made up of guys recruited to and for the 4-3. The guys behind them were specifically brought in for the 3-4.

If you remember, prior to the 2013 season, the belief was that the D-line was going to be horrible. They ended up being much better than expected, but it's still the same guys. We are definitely in a transition period, between two defenses. We played a bunch of guys that were recruited for two different schemes this year. If you look at the DB's Mike Stoops has targeted since his arrival, they are different than guys like Hayes and Wilson. Not so much at the LB spot, since Evans and Alexander were brought in by Mike and Striker played in a 3-4 in high school.

I think that's been part of the problem with this year's defense (especially the secondary). Sadly, Mike couldn't figure out a way to make it work.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Re: Long post on random topics about this football team..Worst Thread Title Ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Tear Down This Wall View Post
    Yes, I read what it said Walker "might" be. He "might" also climb Mt. Everest in sandals. Until then, he'll give us five tackles a season...and, half a sack against whatever low level G5 out of conference schools we play. He's a G5 player on a P5 roster.
    Yeah, no tackles in his redshirt season. Total bust.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Sooner in Tampa's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Tear Down This Wall View Post
    Yes, I read what it said Walker "might" be. He "might" also climb Mt. Everest in sandals. Until then, he'll give us five tackles a season...and, half a sack against whatever low level G5 out of conference schools we play. He's a G5 player on a P5 roster.
    Yup...everyone sees talent except you...whatever will OU do?

They should hire you TODAY!!

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Beanbag View Post
    Six stitches is a pretty decent sized gash.
    Quote Originally Posted by OUthunder View Post
    To hell with Nebraska...they are overrated and irrelevant.