vCash

Playoff, another idea

Ive said this for a few years
    do yall think we will eventually go to 4, 16 team conferences and each conf, have a Playoff for Champs then on to a 4 team playoff?
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

Re: Playoff, another idea

Wouldn't necessarily like it, but something like it will happen eventually

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

"Tell me how it will make me money and I will be all behind it."

Sad, but that's the reality of any idea to be successful

Administrator
    vCash

It's only a matter of time before that happens.

So far, the Power 5 have elevated themselves to a different level than the other D1 teams. The next, eventual, step will be to weed out the weak/non money making teams within the P5. That's when we'll see the 4 super conferences formed.

It is all about money, and at some point the powers that be will have to figure out a way to pay players something. At that point, the dollar signs that come with the 4 super conferences will be much more attractive.

Also, I don't know how long the Big XII can really hang around. For a while it looked like the ACC was the one on the ropes, and they may still be, but I think one or the other is holding the short straw, and when the money doesn't make sense anymore, one of them will fold leaving the other to cherry pick the top programs.

This could all be decades away, but so much has happened in a relatively short amount of time that makes me believe anything is possible and probably sooner rather than later.