Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Tear Down This Wall's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Clemson: Venables vs. Stoops Bros

You need pressure on the QB to upset the timing; we don't get that anymore.

I don't think Kish is half the coach Venables is. I don't think Mike Stoops is half the coach he used to be; ditto, Bob. And, the discussion of Jackie Shipp/Bobby Jack Wright versus Jerry Montgomery isn't even worth having.
    "General Secretary Gorbachev, if you seek peace, if you seek prosperity for the Soviet Union and Eastern Europe, if you seek liberalization: Come here to this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, open this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!"
    President Ronald Reagan at the Berlin Wall, June 12, 1987

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Eielson View Post
    He had interceptions in 6 different games. It's not like he got 4 against LTech. The blame for lack of turnovers lies elsewhere, and like I said, they aren't very talented (with the exception of the true freshmen who played half the season). Much like our WR's, I'd be shocked if our secondary wasn't dramatically better next year.
    I think we are agreeing. I said I was really disappointed by the lack of turnovers and you responded that 1 guy had a good year. The team still had a lack of turnovers and that's no knock against Sanchez. And the 3 good teams that beat us were able to avoid him or beat him (and yes, he did get beat as all corners do). I thought we would be better due to a better pass rush - I was wrong.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner79 View Post
    I think we are agreeing. I said I was really disappointed by the lack of turnovers and you responded that 1 guy had a good year. The team still had a lack of turnovers and that's no knock against Sanchez. And the 3 good teams that beat us were able to avoid him or beat him (and yes, he did get beat as all corners do). I thought we would be better due to a better pass rush - I was wrong.
    My point was that I don't blame our 3 guys up front for our pass coverage. I blame the three guys in back not named Sanchez. Jordan Thomas and Steven Parker are true freshmen out there, so it's not surprising we struggled. Jordan Thomas was recruited as a 3-star safety, and we stole him away form Northwestern, so that's all you need to know about the player situation in our secondary. I think he'll be good, but he should be redshirting this year.

vCash

Yeah, whatever reason - I wasn't pointing any finger at why. Just saying that given Mike's history and the level of players we recruit, I thought we would be better at forcing turnovers. But the numbers don't lie after 12 games.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member FaninAma's Avatar
    vCash

Bobby Jack needs to go back to coaching defensive ends.
    Beware the man who would rule you for your own good. He will never cease. He will regulate every aspect of your life, destroy your liberty and enslave you, and sleep well convinced that he has made the world a better place.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Tear Down This Wall's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by FaninAma View Post
    Bobby Jack needs to go back to coaching defensive ends.
    "General Secretary Gorbachev, if you seek peace, if you seek prosperity for the Soviet Union and Eastern Europe, if you seek liberalization: Come here to this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, open this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!"
    President Ronald Reagan at the Berlin Wall, June 12, 1987