Quote Originally Posted by rock on sooner View Post
    Heh, In your wildest dreams.......everyone else
    ignored you!
    We already knew.

Sooner Starter
    vCash

Re: How Long?

Quote Originally Posted by Snrinhouston View Post
    That game may have been completely different if Dvoracek had been available...
    ....the team never came out of the locker room at kickoff....doubtful

ss
    "You can trouble me for a warm glass of shut-the-hell-up"

Quote Originally Posted by Eielson View Post
    Too bad Bob doesn't have a profile on here!

Then you could send him threatening PMs about how you're going to beat him up! I'm sure it would have about as much of an effect on him as it did me.
    Oh, I didn't send you a message that I would beat you up. I sent you a message to allow you the privilege of telling me the things in person that you are so willing to say behind the safety of your keyboard. In short, you are the p*ssy that everyone on the board knows you to be.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

We already knew.
    I wasn't going to out you as my gay lover and I assumed you would show the same discretion.

vCash

Oh, I didn't send you a message that I would beat you up. I sent you a message to allow you the privilege of telling me the things in person that you are so willing to say behind the safety of your keyboard. In short, you are the p*ssy that everyone on the board knows you to be.
    I have no interest in meeting you in person.

...unless you're 9''?

...unless you're 9''?
    Of course you don't. Cause you are gutless. A coward who is only tough typing into a computer. The type of moron who's time is so valueless that you'd spend it neg speking me 23 times in one day.

vCash

Of course you don't. Cause you are gutless. A coward who is only tough typing into a computer. The type of moron who's time is so valueless that you'd spend it neg speking me 23 times in one day.
    That was rude. If you want me to come meet you, you should at least be nice.

And I suppose it's 24 now, because I don't like that post, either.

vCash

He can neg ya all he wants. You keep raising hell about the state of the OU football program, and the cluelessness of its fearless leader and I'll keep ya in the green!
    Behold the pale horse. The man who sat on him was death, and Hell followed with him.

Olevet Posse Pistolero

Winner of the Nobel Peace Prize 2015.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Jason White's Third Knee's Avatar
    [loh-key-shuhn] noun-a place of settlement, activity, or residence: This town is a good location.
    vCash

...unless you're 9''?

I would totally meet a 9" dude. Little bity guy, smaller than a leprechaun. I'd carry him around in my pocket. Then I'd tell the 9" pianist joke way too much.
    I'm working up a Rondo thirst.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member FaninAma's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Jason White's Third Knee View Post
    I would totally meet a 9" dude. Little bity guy, smaller than a leprechaun. I'd carry him around in my pocket. Then I'd tell the 9" pianist joke way too much.
    That's gold Jerry...absolute gold!
    Beware the man who would rule you for your own good. He will never cease. He will regulate every aspect of your life, destroy your liberty and enslave you, and sleep well convinced that he has made the world a better place.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

It's almost exactly like 2009, though.
    But in 2009, we knew the season was over when Sam went down. Big difference.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Jacie's Avatar
    vCash

For those of you looking for parallel Universe connections, The King lost his final two games as Sooner head coach, to Nebraska and the bowl game versus Clemson.

Bob Stoop's team just lost the final regular season matchup to OSU, next game, the Russell Athletic Bowl versus . . . Clemson.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by EatLeadCommie View Post
    But in 2009, we knew the season was over when Sam went down. Big difference.
    Well yeah, it's not going to be the EXACT same. It's kind of like a combination of 2005, 2009, and 2011 all in one. We had the expectations of 2009, and a collapse eerily similar to 2011. All of those disappointing seasons were driven by key injuries, and in the case of 2011...poor kicking. Replay this season 10 times more times, and it's really hard for me to imagine us finishing worse than 10-2 more than once or twice. Injuries and bad luck just couldn't have struck much more than it did.

Well yeah, it's not going to be the EXACT same. It's kind of like a combination of 2005, 2009, and 2011 all in one. We had the expectations of 2009, and a collapse eerily similar to 2011. All of those disappointing seasons were driven by key injuries, and in the case of 2011...poor kicking. Replay this season 10 times more times, and it's really hard for me to imagine us finishing worse than 10-2 more than once or
    twice. Injuries and bad luck just couldn't have struck much more than it did.
    You talk so much, yet say so little.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Well, we won 11 games the year before, so this is one year in a row of having only 8, 9, or 10 wins. I'd say if he has 3 losses or more for the next 2 years, let him go.
    Bob Stoops has averaged 3 losses per season since 2005.

Also anyone else notice we had 10 players named All-Big 12 today? 6 on the first team. It's definitely the players fault we lost 4 Big 12 games. We just don't recruit well enough. Poor execution or we'd be undefeated. Can't blame the coaches for not having any talented players. ... Big Cash Bob (games don't matter anymore) just isn't going to get it done. If he is going to stay he needs to get rid of his brother and Huepel.

Those are facts, but homers/sunshine pushers can go ahead and argue against it, but trying to say Bob Stoops will win another National Championship at OU is like trying to talk the sun into cooling off.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Rock Hard Corn Frog's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BigDub View Post
    Don't want this to sound like I don't like OU, but how long will the powers that be let Stoops and Co. have 10-2, 9-3, and 8-4 seasons? Sure most schools would be happy with those results, but OU is not other schools. I always hear the same tired argument, "BUT BUT BUT who else are we gonna get????, and DUDE he has the most wins in OU history!" Well those arguments don't hold much weight after awhile. Something has got to give, it seems to me from my point of view that OU at this time is nothing better than an average team. Maybe the answer is new coaching blood? I dunno?
    Well there is a pretty big difference in a 10-2 season in my book and an 8-4 season that includes getting beat 3 times and embarrassed once on your home field. I think the answer is the powers that be will probably give Stoops and Co more time than most of us fans would like them to. Honestly I could accept a year like this occasionally if I had the confidence that there is a commitment to make necessary changes. There are several coaches that need to retire or move on and if Stoops isn't willing to help push them out the door then he needs to walk out the door himself.
    "My landmass erupts with kittens."

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerjeepman's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Golfer View Post
    Three of the losses were by a total of 8 points. Should we have lost those games? No! But, in two of them, a pick six was a contributor and, the third, a punt return that never should have been rekicked was. We could have just as easily been 11-1 without those mental mistakes. I don't think there's a better coach than Bob that is available to go after. However, as much as I like Josh as a person, he needs to be replaced as OC and Mike needs to go as DC.
    you do realize (tongue in cheek) that Bob was the one who called that? even I, a non football coach (basketball) realized AT THE TIME...it was a mistake.

On top of the ksu punt block call..YES AT THE TIME I also asked why why why...? all the factors going into it, he made a wrong call...or someone on the staff.

playing 10 yards off the bu receivers..the whole drive in the 3rd. I know, pick your poison, but hell if it isn't working do something different..at least TRY.

He get's 5 mill, second most...to NOT make OBVIOUS mistakes. He can override ANYONE'S decision...including his brother and josh.

things happen, and yes, every coach makes bad decisions...but this seemed to be a major issue THIS year. I'm just saying he deserves as much criticism as any of the other coaches...it's HIS show.
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

I think just bout any coach Joe C would hire is capable of pulling out an 8-4 record on the season. If that is what we are happy with, then we can get mediocrity at half the price and spend some money on other sports like wrasslin. Hell, Gibbs is available right?

I don't buy the "could be worse" theory. Nothing could be worse than not being competitive and looking like keystone kops in all three phases of the game, plus coaches. I see more fire, drive, "want to" and fundamental execution in nearly ever other team I see on TV. No prestige school looks as bad as us - on the contrary - some win with 3rd string QBs and freshmen making their first start. And just think - we get to see this same team and coaches wade into next season with recruiting, morale, and fan support in the crapper. The first time Sanchez misses an arm tackle, which will be the opening series of the season, the collective groans of the Sooner Nation will rise to the disinterested football gods, who do not reward complacency.

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Sooner91ATL View Post
    I don't buy the "could be worse" theory
    I do.

Short of being la-la-la Jimbo when Jameis is accused of raping, cursing in the middle of campus, or crabwalking, what else does OU have to do?

- We pay the head and assistant coaches a very above-average level, as USA Today revealed earlier this week.
    - We don't have unattainable academic standards to make some top athletes ineligible to play (and stay eligible) at OU
    - We have top notch training, housing and playing facilities
    - We have supportive fans that attend games en masse, donate money en masse and attend top and cruddy bowls en masse

The only thing we don't let our players and coaches do is ignore off-field problems... and do we really want to go down that road? I mean, some of you might. Miami, Auburn, Florida State and tOSU all went down that road and hasn't seemed to get too much of a reprimand yet with lasting consequences.

No, definitely don't want to return to coke dealing and dorm rapes. I would say this is where Stoops has done a remarkable job of leadership.

But as I read your post, it only serves to deepen the mystery. We have it all. What is the problem? Why aren't we competing at an elite level, developing players, winning games we are supposed to win? Where is that 2 percent margin that we need to get better that will put us back at the elite level?