Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

We are not serious about playing winning football

I have been thinking this for quite a few years now but, have not wanted to admit it. It started when boren didn't want to go to the SEC without osu, killing that move off. Boren also wouldn't let bob hire the fat man back for OC becuase of how it would look. Last week on sunday after their last game auburn, who gave up 55 points to their arch rival alabama, fired it's DC and had a new one in place within days. I see where fsu has manage to delay the student conduct hearing of winston until january, after the season is done. While that move is flat wrong and I would never want OU to behave in such a way, it does show a commitment to winning we just don't have anymore.

Has the administration, boren, get too worried about being the president of a football factory?

vCash

Re: We are not serious about playing winning football

Not going to a different conference wasn't solely President Boren's decision. It was a decision by the Oklahoma Board of Regents, who has authority over ALL D1 schools in Oklahoma. They would not let OU go anywhere without little brother because they cannot sustain themselves financially as a stand alone.

Recently some OSU fans have been making noises about bailing out for a difference conference. My take is don't let the doorknob hit you but the Regents won't let them go anywhere either.
    There's Only ONE Oklahoma!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    Wishing I was moving to Monroe, Oklahoma...
    vCash
    Boren sucks shaft in more ways than one. 8, I for once I agree with you. Boren desperately seeks enshrinement like Cross and wants to be a liberal liver sucker so no one gets mad at him. Stoops plays the game and has gotten soft. There needs to be change in President and in the coaching staff. They are no longer coaching with fire in their gut and it shows! Coaching like this would never have won the 2000 national championdhip.
    Everything progressives do is aimed at weakening democracy, capitalism and the social and cultural institutions that support those things...... They are about subjugating people and being a ruling class.
    Posted from iOS app

vCash

Re: We are not serious about playing winning football

Quote Originally Posted by TheHumanAlphabet View Post
    Boren sucks shaft in more ways than one. 8, I for once I agree with you. Boren desperately seeks enshrinement like Cross and wants to be a liberal liver sucker so no one gets mad at him. Stoops plays the game and has gotten soft. There needs to be change in President and in the coaching staff. They are no longer coaching with fire in their gut and it shows! Coaching like this would never have won the 2000 national championdhip.
    If it is the Sooners packing up the Schooner and going to a difference conference that you want, you need to vent your frustration at the Oklahoma Board of Regents - not Boren. This is not his deal or decision to make. Regents want a contract that will take OSU too and other conferences don't want the booby prize of the Pokes.
    There's Only ONE Oklahoma!