Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    vCash

Re: At least Shannon and Mixon...

Quote Originally Posted by Eielson View Post
    What did I make up?

Rivals shows that if we hadn't recruited the guy, FSU would have been fighting ULL and Southern Miss.
    Good for them! But what does that have to do with the other cats we signed that in some cases no other major programs wanted, or in some cases were only wanted by 2nd-level type programs? And no, I don't care enough to go research a list of exactly who it was.
    Behold the pale horse. The man who sat on him was death, and Hell followed with him.

Olevet Posse Pistolero

Winner of the Nobel Peace Prize 2015.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Bama and FSU has been rated at the very top of recruiting classes for several years now. Precedes any PC arguments, so you're not going to convince me of that one. I'd put my money on a hard working coaching staff and being located in the middle of the best recruiting territory in the country. OU can fix the former, but not the latter.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Curly Bill View Post
    Good for them! But what does that have to do with the other cats we signed that in some cases no other major programs wanted, or in some cases were only wanted by 2nd-level type programs? And no, I don't care enough to go research a list of exactly who it was.
    If FSU hadn't offered this guy, it's the exact kind of guy you mentioned here:

By the way: Our most recent cornerback recruit... we pried him away from the clutches of Ball State!

But yeah, let Jimbo sign the 5-star guys. I'd rather pick up the scraps that Ball State is fighting for.
    I'm showing that FSU offers some of those guys despite having their pick of many different 5 stars.

vCash

If FSU hadn't offered this guy, it's the exact kind of guy you mentioned here:

I'm showing that FSU offers some of those guys despite having their pick of many different 5 stars.
    Wow, so FSU offers one guy that fits the argument. Big freaking deal because they're also landing the very top-rated recruits also. We're landing a lot of the "reaches" and very damn few of the top-level guys like FSU is doing.

...and for the record: almost all programs sign a guy or two that might be considered reaches, that few if any other major programs offer. It's done for various reasons, but it's hard to rely increasingly on those type players if you wanna be top program like OU used to want to be.
    Behold the pale horse. The man who sat on him was death, and Hell followed with him.

Olevet Posse Pistolero

vCash

Wow, so FSU offers one guy that fits the argument. Big freaking deal because they're also landing the very top-rated recruits also. We're landing a lot of the "reaches" and very damn few of the top-level guys like FSU is doing.

...and for the record: almost all programs sign a guy or two that might be considered reaches, that few if any other major programs offer. It's done for various reasons, but it's hard to rely increasingly on those type players if you wanna be top program like OU used to want to be.
    Exactly. So why is it a big deal that OU offers a couple guys like this every year?

vCash

Exactly. So why is it a big deal that OU offers a couple guys like this every year?
    The problem is it's become more than a couple, and we're more and more reliant on these type guys. Programs like FSU are doing it for kicks or whatever, we're doing it because we have to.

Olevet Posse Pistolero

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner79 View Post
    Bama and FSU has been rated at the very top of recruiting classes for several years now. Precedes any PC arguments, so you're not going to convince me of that one. I'd put my money on a hard working coaching staff and being located in the middle of the best recruiting territory in the country. OU can fix the former, but not the latter.
    I've already said there's a combination of things, and yet you keep harping on the PC argument - like that's the only argument I've put forth.

Are you taking the Eielson tact and just arguing in circles until you feel you've won?

Olevet Posse Pistolero

vCash

The problem is it's become more than a couple, and we're more and more reliant on these type guys. Programs like FSU are doing it for kicks or whatever, we're doing it because we have to.
    I guess I can't say much to that if you don't want to name specific names.

In 2012, we had a high amount of 3-star, but that group included guys like Sanchez, Tapper, Williams (the RB who was invited to the combine unlike highly-recruited guys like Finch, Clay, etc.), and Bester.