vCash

What a p*ss poor meltdown!

I came here to read some quality ranting and raving, and this is all I get?

Guess you other turds are as non-surprised by yet another Stoops failure as I am.
    Behold the pale horse. The man who sat on him was death, and Hell followed with him.

Olevet Posse Pistolero

Winner of the Nobel Peace Prize 2015.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Re: What a p*ss poor meltdown!

Ah come on Curly. There are several threads where the band wagoneers are calling for Bob's head, demanding Heupel be fired and bitching about coach's salaries. They are taking this very personally because they know EVERYTHING. Wish we could get them all in one place to form a search committee.

Good to see you on here again.
    There's Only ONE Oklahoma!

vCash

I think after 3 losses no one really cares.. I'm pissed that we lost, especially the way. But not shocked.

This teams needs a lot of help all over the place including the coaches.
    BOOMER SOONER
    and GEAUX SAINTS

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 OUmillenium's Avatar
    vCash

Its college basketball season!
    Here lies Lester Moor
    4 slugs from a .44
    No Lester no more

That's no moon...

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

A good meltdown requires creativity, not just whining, cynicism and pointing fingers. The best ones are either self deprecating humor or pure emotional outburst against the cruelty of the universe. For some reason, we've never been great at melting down on this board even though this team gives us ample opportunity.

vCash

I think to have better meltdowns you need the launchpad of great expectations, and does anyone but the hardcore sunshine pumpers have great expectations for a Stoops' coached team?

Even with the now shown to be outlier of last years Sugar Bowl having raised expectations, so many of us are hardly surprised by the fail of this team.
    Last edited by Curly Bill; 12/7/2014 at 01:49 AM.
    Behold the pale horse. The man who sat on him was death, and Hell followed with him.

Olevet Posse Pistolero

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

People just don't care as much anymore

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Curly Bill View Post
    I think to have better meltdowns you need the launchpad of great expectations, and does anyone but the hardcore sunshine pumpers have great expectations for a Stoops's coached team?

Even with the now shown to be outlier of last years Sugar Bowl having raised expectations, so many of us are hardly surprised by the fail of this team.
    I don't know - I thought expectation were pretty high for a lot of fans going into this season. But they were certainly dashed before this game. But I don't recall great meltdowns here after the previous 3 losses either. Maybe that should be our off season workout goals - go study up on good meltdowns from other boards and be sharp by next season.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner79 View Post
    I don't know - I thought expectation were pretty high for a lot of fans going into this season. But they were certainly dashed before this game. But I don't recall great meltdowns here after the previous 3 losses either. Maybe that should be our off season workout goals - go study up on good meltdowns from other boards and be sharp by next season.
    So...you're predicting we'll need those meltdown skills for next season? I dare say you'd be right if so.

Olevet Posse Pistolero

vCash

So...you're predicting we'll need those meltdown skills for next season? I dare say you'd be right if so.
    Absolutely! In the end, there is only 1 fan base that won't be melting down and it's a safe bet that won't be us.

Completely ignoring the coaching staff and just looking at the players we know are returning, I'm not seeing the makings of something great. I'm already fearing some defections from the '15 class which isn't rated as great anyway, but I know we have a few potential studs in there. Will be interesting to see how it turns out.

vCash

That's not true. Some teams will lose games and not melt down, because they expect to lose games, even multiple games. I equate melting down to what we do when we invariably lose games that we have little business losing and we go totally ape sh*t over it. Or at least it seems like we used to do that more and better, but anyone whose been paying attention has lessened expectations from a Stoops team than we once did.

But yeah, chisel (not pencil) us in for another 3-4 fails next year!

Olevet Posse Pistolero

vCash

Maybe what I enjoy isn't really meltdowns. For example when South Carolina got blown out at home in their season opener, I rolled when one fan posted "So, does this affect our play-off chances?". Pure gold. Or the UGA fan last week that equated being an UGA fan to stabbing himself in the nutsack (and fully acknowledging he would continue stabbing himself in the nut sack). Just calling for coaches to be fired or referring to coaches as FUJH as our LT brethren tend to do doesn't impress me.

vCash

If you want a better meltdown, go to our site.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner79 View Post
    Maybe what I enjoy isn't really meltdowns. For example when South Carolina got blown out at home in their season opener, I rolled when one fan posted "So, does this affect our play-off chances?". Pure gold. Or the UGA fan last week that equated being an UGA fan to stabbing himself in the nutsack (and fully acknowledging he would continue stabbing himself in the nut sack). Just calling for coaches to be fired or referring to coaches as FUJH as our LT brethren tend to do doesn't impress me.
    Funny you should mention Georgia - another big-name program that invariably underperforms. It's like we're them, and they are us.

Olevet Posse Pistolero

The entire secondary that started last night, quarterbacks, and the coaches are returning next year. My expectations are sub-toilet level. Meltdowns are reserved for expectations dashed. I haven't had any true championship expectations for this team since Bradford's injury. When we get players and coaches who seem to have a fire in their belly to win I will also get fired up. Til then I can suffer. I was there through the 90s and I will be there as a fan until I'm gone.

vCash

Funny you should mention Georgia - another big-name program that invariably underperforms. It's like we're them, and they are us.
    TN is another example. However, hell, even UT consistently underperforms given the fact that it's the flag-ship program with the richest athletic department in the most fertile football state in the union.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Blue's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Piware View Post
    Ah come on Curly. There are several threads where the band wagoneers are calling for Bob's head, demanding Heupel be fired and bitching about coach's salaries. They are taking this very personally because they know EVERYTHING. Wish we could get them all in one place to form a search committee.

Good to see you on here again.
    ^^^^^DOESNT GET IT^^^^^^^

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Blue View Post
    ^^^^^DOESNT GET IT^^^^^^^
    You can't reason with delusion.