SoonerFans.com Elite Member GDC's Avatar
    vCash

Now that the regular season is over...

Now that the regular season has been mercifully laid to rest, can someone please explain what was supposed to happen on the defensive side of the ball? Especially as far as pass defense goes. I watched all the games and it never made sense to me. How was that scheme supposed to work? Are there any DBs out there that could be even moderately successful playing in Mike's scheme? It seems like there were lots of guys scattered around on the field while wide open receivers were catching passes. It appears that the success of this scheme depends mostly on opposing QBs missing their throws or opposing WRs dropping the ball. Help. Please!

I pretty well understand what transpired on the offensive side. Run the same 8 to 10 plays that were practiced all week and throw in an occasional trick play to keep 'em honest. Don't want to get to complicated because there may not be enough timeouts in a game to deal with potential confusion.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Re: Now that the regular season is over...

I don't get it either.
    There's Only ONE Oklahoma!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Blue's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Now that the regular season is over...

Quote Originally Posted by GDC View Post
    Now that the regular season has been mercifully laid to rest, can someone please explain what was supposed to happen on the defensive side of the ball? Especially as far as pass defense goes. I watched all the games and it never made sense to me. How was that scheme supposed to work? Are there any DBs out there that could be even moderately successful playing in Mike's scheme? It seems like there were lots of guys scattered around on the field while wide open receivers were catching passes. It appears that the success of this scheme depends mostly on opposing QBs missing their throws or opposing WRs dropping the ball. Help. Please!

I pretty well understand what transpired on the offensive side. Run the same 8 to 10 plays that were practiced all week and throw in an occasional trick play to keep 'em honest. Don't want to get to complicated because there may not be enough timeouts in a game to deal with potential confusion.
    Great Summary. Our coaches suck.