Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Re: SO THIS IS WHAT $5.25 MILLION BUYS NOWADAYS...

Quote Originally Posted by Piware View Post
    I have a lot more confidence in the University than a bunch of know it all message board types who presume to know how to manage a multi-million dollar business and - yes, it is a business when it comes to the Athletic Department. AND calling this team a "product" is offensive as hell.
    What would you like it called. . .if the Athletic Department is a business, what to do they sell/produce, and who consumes whatever it is they sell/produce?

Heck, for that matter, the Athletic Department of a major University may be the ONLY .gov entity that we can pressure to actually provide something we want in return for tax dollars.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by soonergirlNeugene View Post
    Considering Charlie Weiss is making $5.6 million to not coach football at Kansas and Notre Dame this year, I think we got a bargain!
    So did they!

Quote Originally Posted by Piware View Post
    Do you whine bags think that Bob Stoops is not smart enough to figure out that things didn't go well this season? How about Joe Castiglione? This is the same board that a couple of years ago,week after week, wanted to fire Brent Venables. Well Coach V left and went to Clemson where he promptly produced one of the top 5 defenses in CFB. Do you think Alabama threatened Saban after the Sugar Bowl last year.

I have a lot more confidence in the University than a bunch of know it all message board types who presume to know how to manage a multi-million dollar business and - yes, it is a business when it comes to the Athletic Department. AND calling this team a "product" is offensive as hell.
    A top 5 defense in a conference with half the offense of the big 12, and loses to fl state practically every year. Yea real impressive...

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 ouduckhunter's Avatar
    North Carolina via Oreygon, Texas, and the great state of Oklahoma
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Curly Bill View Post
    I'd say at this point it's an open question as to whether Bob is smart enough to figure out things didn't go well.

Though...to be fair it's probably more accurate to question whether he actually gives a sh*t?
    ITA with you. I wonder what the heck is going on with the program, and how long is it going to continue.
    From the home of Seymour Johnson Air Force Base...