Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SO THIS IS WHAT $5.25 MILLION BUYS NOWADAYS...

...Four losses, three of them at home, and one of them at home to a sub-.500 team.

But noooooooooooooooo, let's not get rid of Bob, because what if we get someone like Blake again?

Anyone else tired of hearing this lame excuse?

If we get someone like Blake again, then you fire Castiglione for not doing his job...It's really that simple.

Sooner Starter
    vCash

Re: SO THIS IS WHAT $5.25 MILLION BUYS NOWADAYS...

....keep Stoops, Boren would just elevate Heuple

....start reducing salaries

ss
    "You can trouble me for a warm glass of shut-the-hell-up"

Quote Originally Posted by Therealsouthsider View Post
    ....keep Stoops, Boren would just elevate Heuple

....start reducing salaries

ss
    Bob's salary will never be reduced. He will continue to get paid first rate money for a program that is now second tier.

Getting rid of him and all the coaches is the best solution. There are too many facts to suggest that he can't compete for a national title anymore.

Sooner Starter
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Snrinhouston View Post
    Bob's salary will never be reduced. He will continue to get paid first rate money for a program that is now second tier.

Getting rid of him and all the coaches is the best solution. There are too many facts to suggest that he can't compete for a national title anymore.
    ....it's tongue-in-cheek, Joe needs to remind them 'firmly' as to why they have the positions and salaries they currently enjoy....veiled threats can sometimes help people focus

ss

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

It's bought an impressive mansion that stands on the prairie outside Norman that will stand for many decades.

(Although, it may be in that alley that keep attracting EF5 tornados to Moore. Hmmm…)

vCash

Why are we complaining about salary? Would you be happier if we hired somebody that did the same thing for $1M? It's not like there is a salary cap, and the money certainly isn't coming out of your pocket.

Sooner Starter
    vCash

....if my employer made me rich Id put it on cruise-control too

ss

Allegedly Pokish
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Eielson View Post
    Why are we complaining about salary? Would you be happier if we hired somebody that did the same thing for $1M? It's not like there is a salary cap, and the money certainly isn't coming out of your pocket.
    I've seen this argument before. It's specious.

No, the money isn't coming directly out of my pocket. But every time I watch a Sooners game on TV, or purchase a piece of Sooner gear, I am contributing financially to the program and thus to Bob Stoops' salary.

He is the second-highest paid coach in college football. Therefore he should produce a product commensurate to that salary, like maybe at least a second- or third- or fourth- best team. Not this--words fail me--thing that today got beat AT HOME by a clearly inferior team.

I for one would be a lot happier if these results came from someone getting paid $1M rather than being the second highest paid coach in college football.

San Diego...just ignore him. I do. He's the worst type of idiot...the idiot who thinks he's smart.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Do you whine bags think that Bob Stoops is not smart enough to figure out that things didn't go well this season? How about Joe Castiglione? This is the same board that a couple of years ago,week after week, wanted to fire Brent Venables. Well Coach V left and went to Clemson where he promptly produced one of the top 5 defenses in CFB. Do you think Alabama threatened Saban after the Sugar Bowl last year.

I have a lot more confidence in the University than a bunch of know it all message board types who presume to know how to manage a multi-million dollar business and - yes, it is a business when it comes to the Athletic Department. AND calling this team a "product" is offensive as hell.
    There's Only ONE Oklahoma!

Quote Originally Posted by Piware View Post
    Do you whine bags think that Bob Stoops is not smart enough to figure out that things didn't go well this season?
    There are a lot of coaches out there that are incompetent, and it doesn't take a genius to figure that out.

If I am not qualified to say that Stoops is doing a **** poor job, then you are no more qualified to say otherwise.

The answer is to your question is, no. I don't think he has figured it out. He has not figured it out in ten years. The evidence overwhelmingly shows this.
    Go find another board to get easy spec.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHumanAlphabet View Post
    Boren has become a PC babbling idiot and a megalomaniac leader. All he wants is a place in history and memories like Cross. After what he did to The Pride, I will not support him or donate to the University until he leaves.

vCash

I'd say at this point it's an open question as to whether Bob is smart enough to figure out things didn't go well.

Though...to be fair it's probably more accurate to question whether he actually gives a sh*t?
    Behold the pale horse. The man who sat on him was death, and Hell followed with him.

Olevet Posse Pistolero

Winner of the Nobel Peace Prize 2015.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member GDC's Avatar
    vCash

Do you whine bags think that Bob Stoops is not smart enough to figure out that things didn't go well this season? How about Joe Castiglione? This is the same board that a couple of years ago,week after week, wanted to fire Brent Venables. Well Coach V left and went to Clemson where he promptly produced one of the top 5 defenses in CFB. Do you think Alabama threatened Saban after the Sugar Bowl last year.

I have a lot more confidence in the University than a bunch of know it all message board types who presume to know how to manage a multi-million dollar business and - yes, it is a business when it comes to the Athletic Department. AND calling this team a "product" is offensive as hell.
    Did Venables ever produce a top-5 defense while here? Who cares what they do when they leave OU? I wish them all the success in the world but I would prefer they succeed while in Norman. Conference championships are looking fewer and farther between for Stoops and don't even worry about a natl champ at this point. I believe Stoops himself once said OU was about winning championships.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by manateepower View Post
    There are a lot of coaches out there that are incompetent, and it doesn't take a genius to figure that out.

If I am not qualified to say that Stoops is doing a **** poor job, then you are no more qualified to say otherwise.

The answer is to your question is, no. I don't think he has figured it out. He has not figured it out in ten years. The evidence overwhelmingly shows this.
    Go find another board to get easy spec.
    There are some highly qualified people in the Athletic Department that can help him with that and I fully expect they will do just that.

There is a reason that every time a high profile major college job comes open his name is at the top of their wish list. AND for the record Mr. Noob I have been here for a long time and I'm not going anywhere. You dislike the Sooners so much maybe YOU should pack up your band wagon and toddle off into the bayou. Les Miles can always use another fan.
    There's Only ONE Oklahoma!

vCash

I have no doubt Bob is smart enough things are not going well. I also trust that he gives a sh*t. But there is mounting evidence he doesn't now how to fix it. Seems to be going by trial and error with most trials ending up in error.

vCash

Can we at least all agree that playing the bandwagon fan card has about as much intellectual relevance as playing the race card does?
    Behold the pale horse. The man who sat on him was death, and Hell followed with him.

Olevet Posse Pistolero

Winner of the Nobel Peace Prize 2015.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Blue's Avatar
    vCash

Fire Bob Stoops. Ou is bigger than this average coach.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SanDiegoSoonerGal View Post
    I've seen this argument before. It's specious.

No, the money isn't coming directly out of my pocket. But every time I watch a Sooners game on TV, or purchase a piece of Sooner gear, I am contributing financially to the program and thus to Bob Stoops' salary.

He is the second-highest paid coach in college football. Therefore he should produce a product commensurate to that salary, like maybe at least a second- or third- or fourth- best team. Not this--words fail me--thing that today got beat AT HOME by a clearly inferior team.

I for one would be a lot happier if these results came from someone getting paid $1M rather than being the second highest paid coach in college football.
    I'm fully aware that fans ultimately fund this team, and I'm sure you play a microscopic part in that, but If we were paying a coach $1M instead of $5.25M, you wouldn't be getting those shirts for $3 instead of $15. Complain all you want about the results on the field, but don't complain about the Athletic Department being willing to spend money. It's not like we're going to be strapped for cash whenever we need to find his replacement. Bob's previous success more than paid for his current contract if we're talking about finances.

vCash

Smart enough to know? He's certainly smart enough to know, but he's too ****ing stubborn and conservative to take the drastic steps it takes to fundamentally change the program up to and including rolling the dice more on game day.

vCash

Considering Charlie Weiss is making $5.6 million to not coach football at Kansas and Notre Dame this year, I think we got a bargain!
    The enduring image of Oklahoma was that ridiculous double–middle finger of a game-icing kick. It was probably an accident, which somehow made it more, not less, insulting. It was as though Stoops had partied so hard on the corpse of the SEC that he woke up with an unplanned tattoo.