Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Re: Hey Bob, If I Were You I'd Decline That Penalty. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by jagwelborn View Post
    I agree that Bob should have declined the penalty. But an interesting stat that would have suggested otherwise at the time is this: for the entire season, up until Hill's 92 yard TD return, the OU punt team had only allowed a total of 85 return yards. Given the point in the game and the threat that Hill was, he made the wrong call. But what an interesting stat.
    That's a football god's stat that the announcer states right before the returner takes it to the house

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner79 View Post
    That's a football god's stat that the announcer states right before the returner takes it to the house
    Isn't that the truth!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member GDC's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner79 View Post
    I assume he just wanted the extra seconds to run off from one more play. But yeah, that's pretty low reward for the risk and Hill is very aggressive on returns no matter where the ball comes down. I still contend we deserved that and I flat out laughed when Hill broke into the open.
    I laughed also. I can't recall the last time I laughed so much at such a disappointing result. Granted, I have chuckled numerous times at some of the pass defense the last couple of years.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by GDC View Post
    I laughed also. I can't recall the last time I laughed so much at such a disappointing result. Granted, I have chuckled numerous times at some of the pass defense the last couple of years.
    This is new for me too, normally I'd be cursing the teevee, but now I just laugh like I would if I were watching the 3 stooges. Slapstick incompetence can be funny. Maybe this is a sort of survival instinct.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Blue's Avatar
    vCash

Ready for a coaching overhaul. Sick of these numbnuts.