Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member JLEW1818's Avatar
    vCash
    Fire VENABLES
    Posted from iOS app

vCash

Re: An overpaid cowardly coaching staff

Venables was and is a dumbass, but it seems he might not have been as big a problem as the boss himself is.
    Behold the pale horse. The man who sat on him was death, and Hell followed with him.

Olevet Posse Pistolero

Winner of the Nobel Peace Prize 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by Mookie91 View Post
    This season was a flop before today's loss and the coaching staff deserves their fair share of blame but fans need to calm down a bit. You have to look at proud schools like Michigan, Notre Dame and Texas for proof the grass isn't always greener with another coach.
    Dude, I think we can find a coach who can go 8-4 in disappointing fashion in this weak conference. And pay him a lot less and use the excess to hire actual coordinators who know how to recruit, develop, and play hard.

I come pleat Lee agree with everything I read here basically.. I have said this numerous times on here, tweeted Mr. stoops, and Anywhere else I can vent lol... But I never get a response to know if it is just me or if more people see this too... But back in the day stoops made a lot of good Decisions personnel wise to change players positions... These days I think he has got way too carried away with it... In my opinion besides hour down three lineman and Griss you also might be able to throw strike in there too and Sanchez every buddy else is safety is converted to linebackers or corners... I mean there is plenty of talent they just don't fit in every down playing linebackers and corners.. It would work in situations but not every down... Just my opinion but I think that is where our problems start and the main problem on defense... As far as offense I don't think we are too far off, we just have not had mobile quarterbacks for a long time and they just need to learn how to utilize them better... Basically they need to re-watch that sugar bowl from last year lol... Besides that we have the talent to compete for national championships I just think stoops needs to find his desire to win national championships again and we will be good if he can. If not then yes it is time to move on to a coach that is coming up that hasn'thad the talent to compete for a title but can coach with anyone in the country not necessarily a proven coach that has already had success in bigger conferences... in my opinion Sorry for the essay but does anyone else see the same as me?

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Blue's Avatar
    vCash

No excusing this loss. Ohio state dominated w/ a third string qb that looked miles above any player we've thrown out there all year.

I'm tired of our coaches. I'm tire of their schemes which suck. And I'm tired of fans who defend them. Clean house damnit!

I don't know if you took that as me defending the coaches but I definitely wasn't, besides saying they just need to learn how to use a mobile quarterback. I would have no problem if they all got fired tomorrow, but I think they need to be real smart about who they hired if they do... I don't want a coach that has already had success at big time programs. I think what we need is a ambitious, successful coach that hasn't had talent to compete national title wise. This is completely out of the box view but I have been saying for the last few years that Oklahoma should throw a rediculous contract at this guy... Let's see if you can guess who I'm thinking, I don't think he has had a head coaching job in division one that I know of, He has won a super bowl and coached at least one mobile quarterback(Who was not very good) in the NFL with success Long before it was a trendy thing... Pretty sure he runs a cover two defense which I think with our talent and the way the big 12 offenses our run these days would be a perfect fit... Listening to him commentate and talk to Rookies in his quarterback camp heading to the league he sounds to me like players would love to play for him which would make him be in awesome recruiter in my opinion... I know he still has the passion I think we should blow him and the University and get something going.. folks in my opinion I think we need Jon Gruden!!!

Sorry for the essay again... Guess that is my way of venting and getting the last couple atrocious seasons off My head...

Sooner Rookie
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Kdl1017 View Post
    ...This is completely out of the box view but I have been saying for the last few years that Oklahoma should throw a rediculous contract at this guy... Let's see if you can guess who I'm thinking, I don't think he has had a head coaching job in division one that I know of, He has won a super bowl and coached at least one mobile quarterback(Who was not very good) in the NFL with success Long before it was a trendy thing... Pretty sure he runs a cover two defense which I think with our talent and the way the big 12 offenses our run these days would be a perfect fit... Listening to him commentate and talk to Rookies in his quarterback camp heading to the league he sounds to me like players would love to play for him which would make him be in awesome recruiter in my opinion... I know he still has the passion I think we should blow him and the University and get something going.. folks in my opinion I think we need Jon Gruden!!!
    I'm pretty sure Chuckie is comfy with his MNF gig right now. I don't think he would ever step into the fire of college football coaching. NFL again ? Maybe, if the right situation presented itself. College... I seriously doubt it.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 dwarthog's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by JLEW1818 View Post
    We have been undersized at linebacker for years.
    The secondary has sucked for years.
    Stoops has not cared for years.
    Mike Stoops is an idiot. I wish a player would punch him in the face when he's yelling.
    The pistol offense sucks.
    We don't have tight ends.

RUN THE ENTIRE GAME AND THEN PASS IT 3 times in OT

Just pathetic.
    Word!

I don't post often, because the active users tend to capture my thoughts spot on. The loss to OSU stings for a number of reasons. First of all, we will get to listen to this upset for 10 years. I remember until they smacked OU in 2011, OU pulled off 9 straight and a lot of fans said 16-13 & 38-28 (01 & 02 scores).

I had a weird feeling going into the game, OU was vulnerable to lose. The defensive backfield is never in alignment, also fundamentals all season. Anyone remember how the early 2000's defensive backs would execute pass, pass, ball, ball, oskie, out on the field. I can never recall a season when OU defensive backs and linebackers to an extent dropped numerous interceptions. Secondly, our linebackers are undersized and it shows. If the defensive line controls the line of scrimmage they are free to make plays, but often they are blown up. The last point, is inconsistency of a pass rush. A great Stoops defense would be a good front 4, and consist of a rotation that was 2 deep.

The offense has been the same punch line each week, when it rained it pours. Heupul has moments of greatness and a lot of duds. Funny how even myself, wanted Kevin Wilson gone. At least we were in the national title picture and still winning Big 12 Championships. Plenty of blame to go around, why there was little balance this season. I blame a lack of player development. Recruiting services are not always right, but OU recruiting some good offensive talent in their skill players.

I don't blame a single reason, but wholesale changes must be made. OU football shouldn't be about rewarding loyalty, when there is no reason in the past 6 seasons you haven't been a serious threat to win the national title. Most of us know life in the big city, if we don't perform and meet the minimum expectations then we are either told, get our act together or we are gone. Sometimes this is related to a lack of leadership or total complancey. All great programs experience this, but after witnessing the results they speak for themselves. Stoops will be in Norman, as long as a check is coming or he decides it's time to hang it up. Don't believe the next rockstar is out there yet. Look at Nebraska, I would have took Scott Frost or Brent Venables before Mike Riley. The most realistic option is Mike is either demoted or relocated to another university and same with Heupul.

Hold onto something, we will see no shortness of drama this offseason. OU will eventually bounce back, it's just a matter of when.

Its all about recruiting, and OU just doesn't do it

SoonerFans.com Elite Member bluedogok's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by JLEW1818 View Post
    21 points dawg
    Anyone who believed that line was just being suckered by the Vegas book makers. In recent years a win of that magnitude is more of an anomaly than the norm, just like the Texas game anything can happen and usually does.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by bluedogok View Post
    Anyone who believed that line was just being suckered by the Vegas book makers. In recent years a win of that magnitude is more of an anomaly than the norm, just like the Texas game anything can happen and usually does.
    Agreed that 21 points is silly given that TK and Shep were out or very questionable. But we were actually on our way to taking a 21 point lead when Perine got hurt. Couldn't get over that hump.

vCash

"On the way" with 20+ minutes left in the game is not really "on the way". There was way too much time left to consider 21 points a big enough lead against that team.

vCash

"On the way" with 20+ minutes left in the game is not really "on the way". There was way too much time left to consider 21 points a big enough lead against that team.
    Okay, okay not being precise. It is conceivable OU would have gone up 21 points as they were getting into the redzone while feeding the ball to Perine whom OSU was having great difficult stopping. It is also conceivable that OU could hold such a lead had Perine been available for the remainder of the game given the history of teams having increasingly difficulty stopping him as the defense wears down. Therefore, your honor, I leave it with the jury to conclude that OU could indeed have beaten OSU by the afore mentioned 21 points even if the spread was not reasonable for the savvy gambler.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

I would like to think that when Bob hired his brother, both Joe and Boren said the day may come when he has to fire him. That said, I don't think Mike is nearly as big a problem as Heupel and the lack of player development at the very key positions of QB, WR, DB, and LB. Or, as Bob likes to say, we just don't execute. There is some truth to that, but it's on the coaches to make them execute.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner79 View Post
    Okay, okay not being precise. It is conceivable OU would have gone up 21 points as they were getting into the redzone while feeding the ball to Perine whom OSU was having great difficult stopping. It is also conceivable that OU could hold such a lead had Perine been available for the remainder of the game given the history of teams having increasingly difficulty stopping him as the defense wears down. Therefore, your honor, I leave it with the jury to conclude that OU could indeed have beaten OSU by the afore mentioned 21 points even if the spread was not reasonable for the savvy gambler.
    I didn't see any of the game until we got home and Perine was walking to the locker room. My basis of not thinking any lead is safe was based on the OU defensive performances this season. OSU scored one TD with two plays, even with their third QB they can still score quickly.

vCash

I didn't see any of the game until we got home and Perine was walking to the locker room. My basis of not thinking any lead is safe was based on the OU defensive performances this season. OSU scored one TD with two plays, even with their third QB they can still score quickly.
    I'm violently agreeing with you - no lead is safe with our secondary. My point was just that even with our issues, we were the better team until Perine went down. That's not saying much when we are playing a team with a losing record coming into the game.

Our problem at quarterback the last two years is they game plan for them not to get hurt. What that means is they aren't effectively using them to their ability for fear of injury. We will never challenge for even a conference championship if we don't allow our QBs to play their game.

vCash

Pass/run - our staff seems to have been able to make the wrong choice too often this year.
    I don't know what's wrong, but it's probably your fault.

Olevet Posse