Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Re: An overpaid cowardly coaching staff

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner79 View Post
    Without TK, Shep and Perine we are just not a very good team on offense. But even then, you can't go into a shell on your last 3 possessions and hope the clock runs out or the football gods will be pissed. If we had thrown for the endzone right after Sanchez's pick I would have been happy even if they intercepted us right back. I know others disagree, but you've got to have balls to win.
    I am with you here. Playing not to lose. I can understand if KU does not have decent backups, but we are OKLAHOMA and should have depth. That is a coaching issue.

Agreed!

Quote Originally Posted by OUmillenium View Post
    Even the Commercial Animal is finally putting significant blame on the coaching staff.

Wow, what a pathetic finish.

Playing not to lose.

vCash

I tell you, though. As befuddled as I am by the downright retarded maneuvers of this coaching staff, I'm actually ok with this loss. The season was over anyway, and another 9-3 season would mean no changes. Three losses at home and possibly another one against whatever team we play in the Toilet Bowl should mean changes are in order. Four losses this season was unfathomable, especially against this piddly conference schedule. Three at home? God forbid we have five losses because then Bob himself will feel the heat whether Joe C makes him feel it or not. It's just embarrassing. Changes need to be made. We know Bob isn't going anywhere unless he resigns, but there are serious flaws within the coaching staff when it comes to player development (hello secondary, LBs, QB, and WR) and just basic situational awareness (Josh Heupel and certainly Bob on this day).

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Without TK, Shep and Perine we are just not a very good team on offense. But even then, you can't go into a shell on your last 3 possessions and hope the clock runs out or the football gods will be pissed. If we had thrown for the endzone right after Sanchez's pick I would have been happy even if they intercepted us right back. I know others disagree, but you've got to have balls to win.
    I thought we should have at least tried to throw it once, but the reality is, had that punt not been returned for a TD, we still win this game. I also think we could have picked up a first had Shead and Perine not gone down.

I'm not saying the coaching staff was perfect, but JLEW makes a thread like this every time we lose, and it's obnoxious. We should make an official fire our coaches thread, and he'd never find his way out of it.

Sooner Starter
    vCash

....the reality is OU should not have given up a 14pt lead at home to a sub .500 team....the staff is inept

ss
    Last edited by Therealsouthsider; 12/6/2014 at 08:10 PM.
    "You can trouble me for a warm glass of shut-the-hell-up"

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 aurorasooner's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by EatLeadCommie View Post
    I tell you, though. As befuddled as I am by the downright retarded maneuvers of this coaching staff, I'm actually ok with this loss. The season was over anyway, and another 9-3 season would mean no changes. Three losses at home and possibly another one against whatever team we play in the Toilet Bowl should mean changes are in order. Four losses this season was unfathomable, especially against this piddly conference schedule. Three at home? God forbid we have five losses because then Bob himself will feel the heat whether Joe C makes him feel it or not. It's just embarrassing. Changes need to be made. We know Bob isn't going anywhere unless he resigns, but there are serious flaws within the coaching staff when it comes to player development (hello secondary, LBs, QB, and WR) and just basic situational awareness (Josh Heupel and certainly Bob on this day).
    On defense, our LBs and our DBs (outside of perhaps Sanchez) have absolutely zero""situational awareness of the where the ball is once it's in the air from the opposing QB. They, more times than not, have their back turned to the ball when it could easily be picked.
    On offense, any resemblance of leadership from the top, when our players needed to see it, just went absolutely to hell when Perine went out.
    I do agree that maybe some things will change from the gravy train with this "John Blake" type unacceptable loss. However, I'll believe it when I see it. It will be interesting to see how the administration tries to spin it, though. I just don't know if there is any PR spin that can make it acceptable
    Last edited by aurorasooner; 12/6/2014 at 08:16 PM.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by soonercastor View Post
    I know, we miss them on defense.
    I've been saying since WV, our defense is *the* reason we suck this season. 114th in pass defense says it all.

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

We weren't that good with them. Stop the fuc$Img excuse making! This coaching staff is overpaid, no one woud argue that fact so either pay them less, or find new people (kinda like how the real world works )

Sooner Rookie
    vCash

Why is it that Gumby has all the confidence in his freshman QB (making his SECOND start of the year), and opens the whole play book for him, and what did he end up with... close to 300 yards ??? Mike Stoops and the defensive secondary should be fired !

Whereas, our chicken schitt coaching staff put a complete muzzle on Thomas at the end of the game, and says just go out and hand the ball of to whoever we put in the backfield. Holy schitt ! Is our depth at QB that pizz-poor, that the dude can't be trusted to throw downfield a little? I knew that after Sanchez made the pick, all those 3 and outs were going to cost OU the game, and they did. Gotta hand it to Ross and Ford, they tried their best, but when the other team is stacking 9 & 10 in the box, you have to unmuzzle your QB a little, despite the fact he doesn't have the greatest receiving corps. He had Bell, Neal and Ford ! WTF, do you think a 9-3 team is going to an important bowl ?? NFW. Play to win you chicken schitt coaching staff !!!

Have fun at the Meinike Bowl. I'm not watching.

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by beached_sooner View Post
    Why is it that Gumby has all the confidence in his freshman QB, and opens the whole play book for him, and what did he end up with... close to 300 yards ???

Whereas, our chicken schitt coaching staff put a complete muzzle on Thomas at the end of the game, and says just go out and hand the ball of to whoever we put in the backfield. Holy schitt ! Is our depth at QB that pizz-poor, that the dude can't be trusted to throw downfield a little? I knew that after Sanchez made the pick, all those 3 and outs were going to cost OU the game, and they did. Gotta hand it to Ross and Ford, they tried their best, but when the other team is stacking 9 & 10 in the box, you have to unmuzzle your QB a little, despite the fact he doesn't have the greatest receiving corps. He had Bell, Neal and Ford ! WTF, do you think a 9-3 team is going to an important bowl ?? NFW. Play to win you chicken schitt coaching staff !!!

Completely agree, I'm off the wagon entirely. Time for major change in Norman..

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by beached_sooner View Post
    Why is it that Gumby has all the confidence in his freshman QB (making his SECOND start of the year), and opens the whole play book for him, and what did he end up with... close to 300 yards ??? Mike Stoops and the defensive secondary should be fired !

Cause their freshman QB is a good one ours......not so much

Sooner Starter Since71ASooner4Life's Avatar
    vCash

The funny thing is once upon a time Bob had balls - that's what made him successful. It's really insane that the team with this no nuts vanilla offense, is the same that invented the hurry up that had defenses gasping for oxygen.

Like the one TV announcer said a couple weeks ago - the most disappointing team in America this year

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by ObiKaTony View Post
    Completely agree, I'm off the wagon entirely. Time for major change in Norman..
    I just don't see bob doing anything about mike. Look at clemson this year, the guy we let go of suddenly has a top five defense. I don't think it's the coaches as much as it is the scheme.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Sooner8th View Post
    I just don't see bob doing anything about mike.
    And he won't.

But if we get things straightened out at QB, we'll be fine.

vCash

No, the problem is Bob goes aggressive when he should be conservative and conservative when he should be aggressive, way too often.

It's true we're missing some key starters, but to be up by two TDs with 5 minutes to go...is a meltdown. In all phases--offense needed to make one lousy first down. Defense did come up with a stop courtesy of the interception. The punt call was just...wow. Stoopid. Thomas' throw to Bell was a good throw in OT but the d-back made a great play. Hunnicutt has no pro future, clearly...can't handle pressure at all. Just a lousy game on our part.

I about half wonder if Bob didn't have money riding on a bet. Either that or he took one for the conference so OSewe can make a bowl and/or save Gundy's job.

Either way, terrible loss. Kinda emblematic of the whole season, really. Mike Stoops and the D are the biggest problem, but the offense needs a more consistent QB and it's unfathomable that we have developed precisely no one at wide receiver. Almost all the completed throws today were to backs or tight end.

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

This season was a flop before today's loss and the coaching staff deserves their fair share of blame but fans need to calm down a bit. You have to look at proud schools like Michigan, Notre Dame and Texas for proof the grass isn't always greener with another coach.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member cleller's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Eielson View Post
    Our starting QB, RB, and WR are hurt. That's not something the coaching staff can control.
    Oh my glorious puckered hemorrhoid, someone is defending this mess? Do you get paid my the inch for sucking coach choke?

Unbelievable. John Blake would not have botched the deal so bad as this.
    Last edited by cleller; 12/6/2014 at 09:41 PM.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member cleller's Avatar
    vCash

I thought we should have at least tried to throw it once, but the reality is, had that punt not been returned for a TD, we still win this game. I also think we could have picked up a first had Shead and Perine not gone down.

I'm not saying the coaching staff was perfect, but JLEW makes a thread like this every time we lose, and it's obnoxious. We should make an official fire our coaches thread, and he'd never find his way out of it.
    The re-punt was the dumbest, most high-risk/low reward coaching decision that has been made on that field this year. That punt signals immense coaching stupidity, and its outcome sits squarely and completely on Stoops lap. Stoops lost the game, and that is all there is to it.

Punting the ball back to the fastest person alive in this state was a stupid, and avoidable mistake that should have never occurred. The game was lost because of it.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by cleller View Post
    The re-punt was the dumbest, most high-risk/low reward coaching decision that has been in a long time. That punt signals immense coaching stupidity, and its outcome sits squarely and completely on Stoops lap. Stoops lost the game, and that is all there is to it.

Punting the ball back to the fastest person alive in this state was a stupid, and avoidable mistake that should have never occurred.
    It was dumb, and I have no idea why he would risk it. It was also dumb not to call a TO to throw a Hail Mary before OT.

vCash

E, I have to agree with you. This is a very Poke-like approach. If the Sooners come out and run the table next year, these same people will swear the Stoops brothers poop crimson color ice cream cones. It's also interesting that a whole bunch of these folks only show up if/when the Sooners loose. Maybe the OSU crowd is right - we do have more than our share of bandwagon fans.
    There's Only ONE Oklahoma!