SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerjeepman's Avatar
    vCash

So, was Gov Nixon influenced?

had the guard called out the Friday before....but did NOT mobilize them the day of the announcement.

Why?

St. Louis Mayor Francis Slay made it even clearer. "The Guard is not going to be confronting protesters and is not going to be on the front lines interacting directly with the demonstrators," Slay said in the days before the decision.

Slay had asked for 400 Guard members, and he got them. They could be seen protecting empty buildings and landmarks in the downtown area at the very same time rioters faced no resistance lighting fires in a dozen buildings in Ferguson and Dellwood.

Ferguson Mayor James Knowles was clearly upset when he assessed the situation the next morning. "It was my understanding they would be deployed when needed to maintain order and protect businesses. They were not," Knowles said.

The question remains: why call up the National Guard and then keep them garrisoned outside Ferguson, the prime target of demonstrators?

**for 8th, I took a sick day because my son had his catalytic converter cut off his car while at baseball practice....prob some illegal mexicans in KCK. They hit UHaul as well. Wouldn't want ya to think I'm goofin off at my cush gov job. What was that survey that showed how much work time is lost in private business due to computer time...lol
    Last edited by Soonerjeepman; 12/5/2014 at 03:41 PM.
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!