Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Re: CFP rankings - TCU up to #3

Bama will stay in top four if they lose because SECede-luv.
    If there are multiple upsets, FSU will stay in top four even with one loss.
    If you somehow wanted BU to be in top four, best bet is to root against Oregon and tOSU.

Question is, it it better for OU if two Big XII teams are in playoffs, because it leads to a better reputation for the conference, or worse because it leads to better recruiting for TCU/BU at OUr expense?
    Ukraine: Not Our Fight.

More epicycles!

vCash

I suppose if Bailiff and TCU both make it in, we have the satisfaction of knowing two of our losses came to final four finalists. Conceivably they could play each other if that were the case. Argh.

Administrator
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by TAFBSooner View Post
    Bama will stay in top four if they lose because SECede-luv.
    If there are multiple upsets, FSU will stay in top four even with one loss.
    If you somehow wanted BU to be in top four, best bet is to root against Oregon and tOSU.

Question is, it it better for OU if two Big XII teams are in playoffs, because it leads to a better reputation for the conference, or worse because it leads to better recruiting for TCU/BU at OUr expense?
    The committee would kick FSU out of the top 4 in a heartbeat if they were to lose to G'Tech. That would actually solve a lot of issues, because then one school from the other conferences could be included. Let's face it, the ACC shouldn't be considered a "Power" conference. FSU is about the only thing they have (and I suppose Clemson too).

Just having a team from the Big XII included is good for OU. It sets a precedent, for a team from a conference that doesn't have a CCG, to be included. I guarantee you if OU had just one loss, there would be no question about us being in the top 4. TCU and Baylor just don't have enough brand power to make them automatic with one loss.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by 8timechamps View Post
    The committee would kick FSU out of the top 4 in a heartbeat if they were to lose to G'Tech. That would actually solve a lot of issues, because then one school from the other conferences could be included. Let's face it, the ACC shouldn't be considered a "Power" conference. FSU is about the only thing they have (and I suppose Clemson too).

Just having a team from the Big XII included is good for OU. It sets a precedent, for a team from a conference that doesn't have a CCG, to be included. I guarantee you if OU had just one loss, there would be no question about us being in the top 4. TCU and Baylor just don't have enough brand power to make them automatic with one loss.
    That's the way I see it too. FSU is where they are due to lack of quality wins. The ND was supposed to be a huge OOC game, but that luster has faded leaving only a barely above average Clemson. FSU should be very safe with a win over GT, but out of there with a loss. Bama is the only team that could weather a loss and stay in the CFP and that's not guaranteed. I don't see the Ducks weathering a 2nd loss the UA and of course, TCU can't lose to ISU.

vCash

Oregon punched the first ticket to the CFP.

Man, I would sure love for a Big XII-style team ruin another Saban season. I don't see it happening, though.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Blue's Avatar
    vCash

"Theres only One Champion..."

Been hearing it all year from the Big 12 commercials. That would be Baylor

Otherwise is a fraud. But we all know it always is.

Lakeland, Fl - Where hurricanes cross paths.
    vCash

Go ahead and give the Big 12 Championship to Baylor.

Let TCU go to the CFP.

It wont be the first time a team played in the championship game without winning the conference.
    *cough* 2003 *cough*
    An Education is what you get when you Read the Instructions,
    Experience is what you get if you don't...

Sooner Starter Since71ASooner4Life's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner79 View Post
    but dropping them to #4 would pair them against Bama in the the first round
    Perfect - that team has the physical freaks that can give the rapist the pounding he desperately needs

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Since71ASooner4Life View Post
    Perfect - that team has the physical freaks that can give the rapist the pounding he desperately needs
    Can't argue with that.

vCash

I'm just going to call this right now...

tOSU continues it's epic beatdown of Wiscy
    FSU wins a close one against GT

1. Alabama
    2. Oregon
    3. TCU/Baylor
    4. tOSU

FSU gets left out. I know you guys think it would be hilarious for FSU to get left out...and it would...but this would be awful. We'd be on a collision course for 8 team playoffs ASAP.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Eielson View Post

1. Alabama
    2. Oregon
    3. TCU/Baylor
    4. tOSU

FSU gets left out. I know you guys think it would be hilarious for FSU to get left out...and it would...but this would be awful. We'd be on a collision course for 8 team playoffs ASAP.
    I don't believe it would happen, but yes, I would LMAO. And if we had an 8 team playoff, we wouldn't be in. But if we had a 16 team playoff, we wouldn't be in. But if we had a 32 team playoff… ?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner79 View Post
    I don't believe it would happen, but yes, I would LMAO. And if we had an 8 team playoff, we wouldn't be in. But if we had a 16 team playoff, we wouldn't be in. But if we had a 32 team playoff… ?
    Honestly, I think people are going to scream for 8 teams regardless of what happens here. I think tOSU is more deserving of getting in than Baylor/TCU, but the Big XII would be pissed about not getting a representative. If tOSU doesn't get in, the Big 10 would be rightfully pissed about not getting their representative. Pac-12 and SEC will get their teams in, but they'd be rightfully pissed if they didn't.

So I guess the only hope for us anti-8 teamers is for FSU to lose here, and make this simple (minus the Baylor/TCU headache).

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash
    My gut says the following will be the playoff teams:

1. Bama
    2. Oregon
    3. FSU
    4. Ohio State

FSU and OSU could be switched. I think the Big XII gets hosed in favor of teams that will have more eyeballs watching the playoffs. It also allows the committee to not have to explain why they ignored a head to head result in picking a team for the top 4. As an outsider, I think TCU is the better team on a neutral field. However, I also think Baylor is getting shafted by virtue of the head to head. If I were a voter, here's my ballot:
    1. Bama
    2. Oregon
    3. TCU
    4. FSU (all they've done is keep winning, albeit they havn't been impressive)
    OU fan since '88. Pissing off the Sunshine Pumpers since I've been on this site.
    Posted from iOS app

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Eielson View Post

1. Alabama
    2. Oregon
    3. TCU/Baylor
    4. tOSU

No way. The XII is going to take a kick in the nuts on this one, thanks to darling tOSU spanking the living crap out of Wisky in their glorious CCG. I just don't see any way the committee drops undefeated FSU out, and tOSU, right now, is just too sexy for the committee to resist.

Lakeland, Fl - Where hurricanes cross paths.
    vCash

I think the Big XII will get hosed this year
    tOSU is every ones darling tonight
    An Education is what you get when you Read the Instructions,
    Experience is what you get if you don't...

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by tooslow View Post
    My gut says the following will be the playoff teams:

1. Bama
    2. Oregon
    3. FSU
    4. Ohio State

FSU and OSU could be switched. I think the Big XII gets hosed in favor of teams that will have more eyeballs watching the playoffs. It also allows the committee to not have to explain why they ignored a head to head result in picking a team for the top 4.
    It wouldn't surprise me, but it's only 12 people that matter and not all the talking heads discussing it now. And those folks have been watching every game of the top team for weeks, not just tuning in lately. As predicted as soon as this format was announced, there are going to be 2 really butthurt teams out there tomorrow.

vCash

This is going to be such a cluster****, I love it.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by soonercastor View Post
    This is going to be such a cluster****, I love it.
    Schadenfreude Über alles. Not much left to enjoy this season other than the wails of the butthurt fans tomorrow.

vCash

You know, you guys might be right. I could see the Big 12 getting screwed with how Ohio State played tonight.

To be honest though. I'm really not sure who is better. TCU or Baylor. I think either one could beat the top 4/5 teams.
    BOOMER SOONER
    and GEAUX SAINTS

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerMarkVA View Post
    No way. The XII is going to take a kick in the nuts on this one, thanks to darling tOSU spanking the living crap out of Wisky in their glorious CCG. I just don't see any way the committee drops undefeated FSU out, and tOSU, right now, is just too sexy for the committee to resist.
    Well, there it is. One kick for each nut:

http://espn.go.com/college-football/..._/id/11992914/