Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

CFP rankings - TCU up to #3

As expected, TCU moved up with Miss State losing to Ole Miss. But they also hopped over FSU after the Noles struggled with the lame-duck-coached Gators. So now the highly implausible situation of having 2 big12 teams in the final 4 is not so implausible.

The committee obviously really likes TCU, so TCU better win by 4+ TDs against hapless ISU to keep it that way. I think Bama beating Mizzou is a done deal. But Oregon has to play an Arizona team that has already beaten them and has the ability to expose their defense. FSU plays a very salty GT team that is playing their best ball right now. tOSU lost their QB and has to play a Wisky team with very good defensive stats and an RB named Gordon. So if #6 Baylor can get it done at home against a highly respected #9 KSU there may be a top 4 slot available.

I would LMAO if the big12 co-champs both go the party (and then quickly switch to crying that OU is not one of them).

vCash

Re: CFP rankings - TCU up to #3

FSU at 4...yikes. This new poll is a disaster. Bring back the BCS!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Eielson View Post
    FSU at 4...yikes. This new poll is a disaster. Bring back the BCS!
    I think it is funny as h.ell - I'll bet there are some Nole fans melting down out there. And with OU sitting at 4th in the conference, laughing at other's misery is my primary sport. I doubt the Nole fans really cared if they sat at #2 or #3, but dropping them to #4 would pair them against Bama in the the first round, so that's a big deal. But I suspect they would jump TCU by beating GT and it wouldn't matter if it was close. TCU can't gain anything by beating ISU. But even if the butthurt is only for a week, it's funny.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 AzianSooner's Avatar
    vCash

I can't stand the sweaty &**

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Sux to be on the outside looking in, but one must find amusement where one can. LOL at FSU. Couldn't happen to a better bunch.

Lakeland, Fl - Where hurricanes cross paths.
    vCash

so, what has happened, I spend my weekend pulling for GT, Ariz, and MU to win this weekend (or their opponents to lose if you chose to look at it that way) instead of just rooting for OU and enjoying some football games.
    It would be fun to see BU and TCU both in the final four.

and I guess I'll pull for Wisc as well, since I don't much like U Meyer.

summing up, I am rooting for OU to win and 4 teams to lose. Sounds about normal nowadays.
    An Education is what you get when you Read the Instructions,
    Experience is what you get if you don't...

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by ouwasp View Post
    Sux to be on the outside looking in, but one must find amusement where one can. LOL at FSU. Couldn't happen to a better bunch.
    I'm perfectly happy with this happening to the Noles, but the better bunch imo would be either Texas or LSU.
    The enduring image of Oklahoma was that ridiculous double–middle finger of a game-icing kick. It was probably an accident, which somehow made it more, not less, insulting. It was as though Stoops had partied so hard on the corpse of the SEC that he woke up with an unplanned tattoo.

vCash

A lot has to happen for Baylor to make it in. But it does give me half a reason to GAS about this weekends results. However I wouldn't waste five bucks on a parlay bet of this happening.

And screw the criminoles. But they have managed to win, I don't know how, I'll give them that.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member FaninAma's Avatar
    vCash

Baylor's out of conference schedule will kill them. I think even if Baylor beats KSU and Ohio State and FSU lose, Baylor will not make it in.
    Last edited by FaninAma; 12/3/2014 at 03:27 PM.
    Beware the man who would rule you for your own good. He will never cease. He will regulate every aspect of your life, destroy your liberty and enslave you, and sleep well convinced that he has made the world a better place.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by FaninAma View Post
    Baylor's out of conference schedule will kill them. I think even if Baylor beat KSU and Ohio State and FSU lose Baylor will not make it in.
    Their OOC schedule is what has them where they are now. But if they win and #4 and #5 lose, who would jump them?

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

Four images, one for each of the playoff spots that will not be going to Baylor this season

SoonerFans.com Elite Member FaninAma's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner79 View Post
    Their OOC schedule is what has them where they are now. But if they win and #4 and #5 lose, who would jump them?
    FSU would stay ahead of them because of their tougher schedule. If FSU loses they will still be 11-1. Then we'll see all the detractors of Baylor's schedule coming to the fore as well as those who will point out the Big 12 doesn't have a CCG.
    Beware the man who would rule you for your own good. He will never cease. He will regulate every aspect of your life, destroy your liberty and enslave you, and sleep well convinced that he has made the world a better place.

vCash

And Sicem is crying like "Neutral Field,Banner flying whorn" on facebook.

Fu*k Baylor. the suckassed wannabes!
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by FaninAma View Post
    FSU would stay ahead of them because of their tougher schedule. If FSU loses they will still be 11-1. Then we'll see all the detractors of Baylor's schedule coming to the fore as well as those who will point out the Big 12 doesn't have a CCG.
    I guess I don't see that happening. Has FSU beaten anyone that is currently ranked? Maybe Clemson. If they lose, they wouldn't even have conference champ to fall back on. IF BU wins, they will have ranked OU*,TCU and KSU on their belts along with co-champ title. I doubt we'll find out because I think GT is too one dimensional to beat them and just lost their only dangerous WR to make that worse. If FSU wins, I think they will re-leap frog TCU (frogs, heh) into #3.

At least this weekend has potential for intrigue.

*yes, I'm assuming we beat the Pokes

Administrator
    vCash

The committee is worse than the BCS.

I continue to use Auburn as an example of the failure this group has produced. Auburn at 9-4 is still ahead of OU at 8-3. I know Auburn beat KSU (who is ranked), but they're sure putting a lot on that one win....in the meantime, they punish FSU, who has done nothing but win. There is no real method to what they're doing. What a joke.

vCash

With this system, admittedly, last year Alabama might have trumped Auburn by getting to the NCG even tho they lost in the Iron Bowl. I dunno.

I think it's ultimately still a lot of a popularity contest, and likes and dislikes, and outside of SicEm, nobody likes Baylor.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by 8timechamps View Post
    The committee is worse than the BCS.

I continue to use Auburn as an example of the failure this group has produced. Auburn at 9-4 is still ahead of OU at 8-3. I know Auburn beat KSU (who is ranked), but they're sure putting a lot on that one win....in the meantime, they punish FSU, who has done nothing but win. There is no real method to what they're doing. What a joke.
    I agree Auburn has been an outlier, but that is not enough to dismiss the whole system. I certainly expected some outliers with it being more likely at lower rankings such as where Auburn is now. If there is any method to read into their rankings is that they are weighting quality wins higher and losses lower than what the BCS did. FSU's ranking certainly points in that direction. I guess we'll see if that observation is correct next week. If FSU beats GT, I would expect them to move to #3 having snagged their highest quality win along with an outright conference title. TCU cannot help themselves any further. If there are no upsets and the order stays as is, then I'll agree there is a big problem here. FSU should not have to play Bama in the 1st round on a not completely neutral Sugar bowl site.

vCash

On the other hand, it's easier for FSU fans to drive to the Sugar Bowl than it is to jet across the country to the Rose Bowl. We may be seeing some jockeying of spots to get better attendance at games. TCU fans are just excited to go anyplace. Oregon fans will certainly go to the Rose Bowl. Alabama will love being in the Sugar Bowl, and I think there's probably also a little 'somebody has to play Alabama at some point' and we didn't get to see it happen last year between FSU and Bama. The committee is not some especially wise group of people--ultimately they're fans, some of whom admittedly have more vested interests than we do (hello? a current AD from a Big 12 school?), but those four teams should make for pretty good games.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by cvsooner View Post
    On the other hand, it's easier for FSU fans to drive to the Sugar Bowl than it is to jet across the country to the Rose Bowl. We may be seeing some jockeying of spots to get better attendance at games. TCU fans are just excited to go anyplace. Oregon fans will certainly go to the Rose Bowl. Alabama will love being in the Sugar Bowl, and I think there's probably also a little 'somebody has to play Alabama at some point' and we didn't get to see it happen last year between FSU and Bama. The committee is not some especially wise group of people--ultimately they're fans, some of whom admittedly have more vested interests than we do (hello? a current AD from a Big 12 school?), but those four teams should make for pretty good games.
    All valid points and they could well be thinking about location more than power ranking when doing specific slots.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by cvsooner View Post
    With this system, admittedly, last year Alabama might have trumped Auburn by getting to the NCG even tho they lost in the Iron Bowl. I dunno.

I think it's ultimately still a lot of a popularity contest, and likes and dislikes, and outside of people that "don't like to dance anyway," nobody likes Baylor.
    FIFY.

Even if they're allowed to dance now.
    Ukraine: Not Our Fight.

More epicycles!