Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member KantoSooner's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Reported On The Newswire Board: Knight Out Against OSU

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner79 View Post
    Did the TTech player get tossed for targeting? I didn't see the game, but I saw the replay and it was clearly helmet to the noggin, but the announcer was just discussing Petty being out. Thanks.
    Don't think so, but I was in and out of the room, so I could be wrong.
    "I don't know karate, but I know ka-razor!" - James Brown

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by KantoSooner View Post
    Yes. A million times yes.

But, as they say, Karma's a bitch and what goes around comes around. So, now Baylor gets to wonder if their starter can go on Saturday as the result of a dirty hit. And if he can't, then there go their chances to make the playoffs and buh bye to Petty's college career.
    The hit against Knight was not dirty.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SicEmBaylor View Post
    Looked dirty to me. As did the shin/knee/foot thing on Mahomes and the slap to the helmet. Deny it all you want, but Oakman is another Ndamakong Suh. Talented but dirty.

vCash

Ratings are out: Alabama, Oregon, TCU and Florida State. tOSU and Brazos U. are below.

Administrator
    vCash

Oh, it was dirty. There was no reason for Oakman to put his forearm anywhere near Knight's head. He may not intentionally play dirty, but he makes a lot of dirty plays.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

False.

It's not as bad as the hit that threatened to end Shepard's career last year, though, so you there's that.

vCash

Guess that depends on how one classifies a forearm shiver.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by 8timechamps View Post
    Oh, it was dirty. There was no reason for Oakman to put his forearm anywhere near Knight's head. He may not intentionally play dirty, but he makes a lot of dirty plays.
    How can anyone argue that Oakman didn't try to do damage?
    CLEARLY, he went down with his forearm coming up under TK's
    chin!!! I was a skinny gunner on kickoffs and had the same dayum
    type of hit....absolutely no way that wasn't intentional....Sicem prolly
    never felt a forearm shiver...jus guessin...mind you...jus guessin'...

vCash

It's not just the Knight hit. Oakman has a history of playing like this ever since he transferred from Penn State (where he was kicked off the team for attempting to take a sandwich and a drink from a store without paying). Look at the Tech game for the latest examples.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by cvsooner View Post
    Looked dirty to me. As did the shin/knee/foot thing on Mahomes and the slap to the helmet. Deny it all you want, but Oakman is another Ndamakong Suh. Talented but dirty.
    The knee thing last week is the only overtly indefensible action I've ever seen from Oakman or anyone else on our defense.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member KantoSooner's Avatar
    vCash

That statement ranks up there with:

"Toss me that piano"
    and

"My, you've got a handsome scrotum"

as statements never made by a sane person.

Did you watch the game? Or are you joking?

It was a dirty hit that was clearly intended to injure. It's not even vaguely debatable. Congrats, Baylor under Briles has become Miami circa 1985, Thug U. Kind or ironic with the whole 'holier than thou' thing cultivated by many who attend there.
    "I don't know karate, but I know ka-razor!" - James Brown

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by KantoSooner View Post
    Congrats, Baylor under Briles has become Miami circa 1985, Thug U. Kind or ironic with the whole 'holier than thou' thing cultivated by many who attend there.
    It's gotten them quite far. I mean, last year they were national champions* after winning a BCS bowl* and this year they're undefeated* and will win this season's undisputed Big 12 title* and are a shoo-in for the first-ever college football playoff* and Bryce Petty will win the Heisman*

*lol

SoonerFans.com Elite Member FaninAma's Avatar
    vCash

The knee thing last week is the only overtly indefensible action I've ever seen from Oakman or anyone else on our defense.
    Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha ....oh wait, you're serious.

Every single person I talked to while watching CFB games over the Thanksgiving holidays thought Baylor was a dirty football team. Most of them were Nebraska fans who have no dog in this fight. You may despise the TCU coach but he has a legitimate point. IMO, Baylor's pathetic non-coference schedule and their reputation for questionable play on the field will keep them out of the playoffs.

Sic 'em, I like you man but seriously, Briles needs to get control of his players. I don't care for Gary Patterson much but you don't see OU fans carping about his team being dirty. We hate Texas but I can't remember this issue every coming up in discussions about their program. Same about KSU meven after they punished Jason White in the 2003 Big 12 CCG.
    Last edited by FaninAma; 12/3/2014 at 10:40 AM.
    Beware the man who would rule you for your own good. He will never cease. He will regulate every aspect of your life, destroy your liberty and enslave you, and sleep well convinced that he has made the world a better place.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member swardboy's Avatar
    vCash

Note my entry on Sooner Recruiting. We're bringing in a QB recruit for the OU-OSU game. Might portend that Knight's career is at least very tenuous.
    "I'm going to request that you stop posting in this thread." - circa 2008
    "Why does there have to be so much immature stuff on here?" - circa 2010

SoonerFans.com Elite Member FaninAma's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by swardboy View Post
    Note my entry on Sooner Recruiting. We're bringing in a QB recruit for the OU-OSU game. Might portend that Knight's career is at least very tenuous.

There are a lot of rumors floating around to that effect. Nice job Oakman.
    Beware the man who would rule you for your own good. He will never cease. He will regulate every aspect of your life, destroy your liberty and enslave you, and sleep well convinced that he has made the world a better place.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member jkm, the stolen pifwafwi's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by FaninAma View Post
    Same about KSU meven after they punished Jason White in the 2003 Big 12 CCG.
    um what? In 2000/2001/2002 they had like 6 personal fouls for roughing the QB. They practically put Nate Hybl into a body cast AFTER the whistle.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Tear Down This Wall's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerForLife92 View Post
    Ford may have fumbled twice last game but I don't think it's fair to judge him only on that.

I have to disagaree with you here. Barring his injury holding him back.. he is still our best RB imo. You can say everything you want about Perine, which is justified, but he still averaged 3.6 ypc between the two best defenses we have played. Perine could easily become better than Ford but I believe as of right now Ford clearly has the better running vision with running style that can be both shifty and punishing. This is all assuming Ford's injury doesn't affect him Dom Whaley style and he can hold onto the ball better.
    Is marijuana legal in your state or something? Perine is already better than Ford...and, it isn't even close.
    "General Secretary Gorbachev, if you seek peace, if you seek prosperity for the Soviet Union and Eastern Europe, if you seek liberalization: Come here to this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, open this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!"
    President Ronald Reagan at the Berlin Wall, June 12, 1987

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Tear Down This Wall's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by jkm, the stolen pifwafwi View Post
    um what? In 2000/2001/2002 they had like 6 personal fouls for roughing the QB. They practically put Nate Hybl into a body cast AFTER the whistle.
    One of those TD passes Nate threw in that 2001 K-State game, I don't know how he got up. If they had the same rules in place back then as they do now, half of K-State's defense would have been ejected from the game for helmet-to-helmet hits on Nate.

And, that is why I always loved Nate - you could run over that kid with a truck, and he'd get up and be ready for the next play.

I don't know that we've seen a tougher son of a b*tch at QB than Nate. Maybe Mildren.

Roughing the passer against Nate at 3:10 on a TD pass. The big hit at about 5:45 of the video...still finished out that game. Crazy.

Video also has a couple of textbook Roy Williams horsecollar tackles.

Great game. I remember the atmosphere was tense because, along with it being a Top 10 match up of Stoops vs. Snyder, it was also the first weekend after 9/11. As an added bonus, the SOBs next to me sold their tickets to that game to K-State fans...so, we had to deal with that as well. Sell 'em to Sooner fans, fellow season ticket holders; their money spends just the same as the enemy's.
    Last edited by Tear Down This Wall; 12/3/2014 at 11:04 AM.
    "General Secretary Gorbachev, if you seek peace, if you seek prosperity for the Soviet Union and Eastern Europe, if you seek liberalization: Come here to this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, open this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!"
    President Ronald Reagan at the Berlin Wall, June 12, 1987

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Tear Down This Wall View Post
    Is marijuana legal in your state or something? Perine is already better than Ford...and, it isn't even close.
    Have to agree on that one and marijuana is legal in the state (I used to) live in. Ford is no where close to be where Ford should be due to injury and lack of carries. Perine is proven and so far advanced on his development curve, a Ford/Perine comparison doesn't even make sense.

vCash

You're just trolling.

Well done.