Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member FaninAma's Avatar
    vCash

Reported On The Newswire Board: Knight Out Against OSU

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/sho...ners-QB-Knight

I wonder if Shepard is going to play.
    Beware the man who would rule you for your own good. He will never cease. He will regulate every aspect of your life, destroy your liberty and enslave you, and sleep well convinced that he has made the world a better place.

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

Re: Reported On The Newswire Board: Knight Out Against OSU

Yeah, Knight's out Saturday. Stoops said he's hopeful that he can return for the bowl game.

Even though Gundy will play coy, it would be very sad for Mason to get a redshirt yanked for a loss at Baylor and nothing else, so expect the new guy to start at qb for them too.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Prolly same type game plan as last game...CT passes 12-15 times, just to
    "keep 'em honest" and Perine, Ross, Brooks and Smith do the legwork. Big
    question in my mind has two parts...will Ford carry the ball again this year
    and is he a candidate to transfer? Mixon is on board for next year, Perine
    holds on to the ball and, if Brooks can avoid tripping over the chalk lines,
    with Ross getting a bunch of PT...on kicks and giving Perine a breather....
    just doesn't look rosy for Ford......just a thought...

Administrator
    vCash

Stoops said "nothing's changed" with Shepard, and he'll just have to wait and see if he can go full speed. I think we win comfortably without Shep, so I wouldn't mind seeing him sit out this game...but, if he can go, I'm sure he will.

I'll be shocked if Knight returns this season. I'm sure he's still dealing with swelling/spasms/pain in the area of injury, I'd like to see him get well and focus on coming back in the spring.

Like rock on sooner said, the game plan should be the same thing we saw in the second half of the Tech game and all of the KU game. It seems to work just fine.

vCash

**** you Baylor.

vCash

I wouldn't be shocked if Bell made another second half appearance at QB.

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Eielson View Post
    I wouldn't be shocked if Bell made another second half appearance at QB.
    Sadly, we'll be on our home turf this time around, so no angry turkey legs will descend from the stands upon victory, nor will any cheerleaders being attempting to trip our guys up from the endlines

If Belldozer beats Poke three times, we may have to rename it Belldlam. haha lame yes i know shaddap

SoonerFans.com Elite Member KantoSooner's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Eielson View Post
    **** you Baylor.
    Yes. A million times yes.

But, as they say, Karma's a bitch and what goes around comes around. So, now Baylor gets to wonder if their starter can go on Saturday as the result of a dirty hit. And if he can't, then there go their chances to make the playoffs and buh bye to Petty's college career.
    "I don't know karate, but I know ka-razor!" - James Brown

vCash

No real news here - it would have been news if TK could play.

I would rather see Cody get an expanded passing role in this game if conditions are favorable. But alas, the long range forecast is showing another windy day as it was in Lubbock. If that's the case, I don't see a lot to be learned other than being a QB is hard. My next wish it that's it just a great day for the seniors that concludes with a 'W'.

Quote Originally Posted by rock on sooner View Post
    Prolly same type game plan as last game...CT passes 12-15 times, just to
    "keep 'em honest" and Perine, Ross, Brooks and Smith do the legwork. Big
    question in my mind has two parts...will Ford carry the ball again this year
    and is he a candidate to transfer? Mixon is on board for next year, Perine
    holds on to the ball and, if Brooks can avoid tripping over the chalk lines,
    with Ross getting a bunch of PT...on kicks and giving Perine a breather....
    just doesn't look rosy for Ford......just a thought...
    Ford may have fumbled twice last game but I don't think it's fair to judge him only on that.

I have to disagaree with you here. Barring his injury holding him back.. he is still our best RB imo. You can say everything you want about Perine, which is justified, but he still averaged 3.6 ypc between the two best defenses we have played. Perine could easily become better than Ford but I believe as of right now Ford clearly has the better running vision with running style that can be both shifty and punishing. This is all assuming Ford's injury doesn't affect him Dom Whaley style and he can hold onto the ball better.
    Last edited by SoonerForLife92; 12/2/2014 at 03:30 AM.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 freshchris05's Avatar
    vCash

If Ford does have more than 2 carries this weekend it'll go against what we've seen from the staff in recent years.
    "This whole world is 3 drinks behind..."

Wishing I was moving to Monroe, Oklahoma...
    vCash

I wonder if TK's playing days are done given the references in articles that some people's playing careers were ended with this type of injury. I hope for a full and speedy recovery.
    Everything progressives do is aimed at weakening democracy, capitalism and the social and cultural institutions that support those things...... They are about subjugating people and being a ruling class.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerForLife92 View Post
    Ford may have fumbled twice last game but I don't think it's fair to judge him only on that.

I have to disagaree with you here. Barring his injury holding him back.. he is still our best RB imo. You can say everything you want about Perine, which is justified, but he still averaged 3.6 ypc between the two best defenses we have played. Perine could easily become better than Ford but I believe as of right now Ford clearly has the better running vision with running style that can be both shifty and punishing. This is all assuming Ford's injury doesn't affect him Dom Whaley style and he can hold onto the ball better.
    I'm not judging him on those two fumbles...alone...I look back to last year...6 carries
    vs Texas and a fumble, a fumble vs KU and fumbles during spring practices. He is an
    impressive runner but the way he carries the ball away from his body makes him fumble
    prone....helmut on the ball, strip moves, etc....that's all I'm sayin' Fer Pete's sake, I
    want the boy to succeed, but I want the Sooners as a team to succeed and that's hard
    to do when the RB fumbles......

Administrator

vCash

Regarding Ford, I'm inclined to think the fumbles are enough of a problem that his playing time will be sorely limited. He is a great all purpose back, seems to have good vision, runs strong, has good speed... I hope Coach Cale is able to help him with ball security.

I guess this is a stupid question, but could he be some sort of hybrid safety type player on defense?

Regarding Knight, I've feared from the start his football days are done. I hate it for him, but I also hate to see these kids risk future health for a game.
    We are here to pistol whip, shoe whip, imprison and torture. We are Phil, Beano, Norm, Dean, David Earl a.k.a. Deacon plus a bunch of ruthless mods. GADOCADWI

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by KantoSooner View Post
    Yes. A million times yes.

But, as they say, Karma's a bitch and what goes around comes around. So, now Baylor gets to wonder if their starter can go on Saturday as the result of a dirty hit. And if he can't, then there go their chances to make the playoffs and buh bye to Petty's college career.
    Yea I want to say it serves em right , But I hate it another kid is hurt .
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 dwarthog's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by David Earl View Post
    Regarding Ford, I'm inclined to think the fumbles are enough of a problem that his playing time will be sorely limited. He is a great all purpose back, seems to have good vision, runs strong, has good speed... I hope Coach Cale is able to help him with ball security.

I guess this is a stupid question, but could he be some sort of hybrid safety type player on defense?

Regarding Knight, I've feared from the start his football days are done. I hate it for him, but I also hate to see these kids risk future health for a game.
    Stoops was questioned about Ford and the fumbles yesterday in his presser. To state an already obvious point, he takes a pretty dim view of fumbles and did point out that one of those fumbles cost the team a shutout.

I suspect Ford is on a very short rope. Stoops wouldn't even give him a break due to the conditions being tough.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member KantoSooner's Avatar
    vCash

I wish nothing but the best for Brice Petty. But the facts are now beyond dispute: Baylor not only encourages but positively coaches and includes in its game planning the use of illegal defensive moves with a likelihood to cause injury. We've now seen it in their secondary and on their line over the course of several seasons running. It's not a one player thing and if it is not coming from the top, then it is not being stopped by Briles either.
    "I don't know karate, but I know ka-razor!" - James Brown

SoonerFans.com Elite Member jkm, the stolen pifwafwi's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerForLife92 View Post

Not to disagree too much here, but Ford's vision only comes into effect when he has a hole the size of Texas to run through. When he has a narrow crease, he just runs in a straight line (which is why he keeps coughing the ball up, so much easier to hit a specific spot on a guy who is running like that). That being said, he is a much better runner against good defenses because he takes the first open hole and tries to gash it. Perine has a tendency to wait for stuff to develop and against good defenses that might not happen.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by KantoSooner View Post
    I wish nothing but the best for Brice Petty. But the facts are now beyond dispute: Baylor not only encourages but positively coaches and includes in its game planning the use of illegal defensive moves with a likelihood to cause injury. We've now seen it in their secondary and on their line over the course of several seasons running. It's not a one player thing and if it is not coming from the top, then it is not being stopped by Briles either.
    Did the TTech player get tossed for targeting? I didn't see the game, but I saw the replay and it was clearly helmet to the noggin, but the announcer was just discussing Petty being out. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by rock on sooner View Post
    I'm not judging him on those two fumbles...alone...I look back to last year...6 carries
    vs Texas and a fumble, a fumble vs KU and fumbles during spring practices. He is an
    impressive runner but the way he carries the ball away from his body makes him fumble
    prone....helmut on the ball, strip moves, etc....that's all I'm sayin' Fer Pete's sake, I
    want the boy to succeed, but I want the Sooners as a team to succeed and that's hard
    to do when the RB fumbles......
    Well you're right. I really hope he can get it under control though because he still has the best running vision in my opinion