SoonerFans.com Elite Member Jacie's Avatar
    vCash

Mizzou going to their second SEC title game while a&m looking for a DC

Texas A&M fires defensive coordinator Mark Snyder

Mark Snyder has been fired as Texas A&M defensive coordinator, head coach Kevin Sumlin announced on Friday.

The move comes a day after the Aggies ended their regular season with a 23-17 loss to LSU to end Snyder’s third regular season as defensive coordinator. The loss, in which LSU ran for 384 yards, dropped the team’s regular season record to 7-5 after starting the year 5-0.

Entering Week 14, the Aggies’ defense was ranked No. 77 nationally, allowing 27.7 points per game. Snyder’s defense allowed 445.2 yards per game, ranking last in the SEC.

For Sumlin, Will Muschamp seems like a top target to coach the Aggies’ defense.

No. 17 Missouri beats Arkansas to take SEC East

COLUMBIA, Mo. (AP) -- Marcus Murphy scored the go-ahead touchdown on a 12-yard run with 4:38 remaining and Markus Golden recovered a fumble to seal No. 17 Missouri's 21-14 victory Friday against Arkansas and send the Tigers to the SEC championship game for the second straight season.

It's the fifth division title in eight seasons for Missouri (two in the SEC and three in the Big12), which also reached 10 victories for the fifth time in 14 seasons under coach Gary Pinkel.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 lexsooner's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Mizzou going to their second SEC title game while a&m looking for a DC

Until last night, horn fans were looking forward to the possibility of playing the Aggies in a bowl game. They waited for Aggie to have a down year and a few wins over bad teams to get cocky again. Now their boards are full of trashing Swoopes, the OL, OC, Mack . . . . If you feel like engaging in some good holiday schadenfreude, check out ShaggyBevo for a good laugh. 90 percent of them predicted a win over Tcu and one clown even posted a thread on whether UT fans would rush the field after beating Tcu.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Phfukc all you non-Sooners out there. Pox on ya!
    Put a lid on it! Kiss it goodbye. We gave it away, and apparently thought it made sense to do so.

Sooner Starter
    vCash

...couldn't do squat in the Big 12, glad they found a conference where the path to success is a little more suited to their abilities

ss
    "You can trouble me for a warm glass of shut-the-hell-up"

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Widescreen's Avatar
    vCash

Frankly, losing in Columbia to Indiana should disqualify Mizzou from everything.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Assuming somehow FSU & Alabama both make it to the playoff, it's going to be a Chinese(NTTAWWT) fire drill to fill the last two slots.

I heard a goofball radio announcer on Fox Sports net who was a U of Arizona guy, and he was PASSIONATE over the winner of U of A vs Oregon game being in the playoff over any team from the low grade Big 12. His reasoning is that according to him, the Big 12 sucks, badly. So Baylor and/or TCU shouldn't be considered. Pretty much he felt the same about the BIG conference, and that tOSU prolly shouldn't be considered either.
    Put a lid on it! Kiss it goodbye. We gave it away, and apparently thought it made sense to do so.

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

FSU and 3 SEC teams. Book it.

No way they get 3 but I'd hedge my bets on 2 is the miss st wins today.

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

The Big 12 team that got to be in the SEC East goes to the championship game repeatedly. I wonder if roles reversed if Texas A&M would be without Heisman and expanded stadium, but with multiple division titles?

Probably not, but because it's A&M, just know that there is a lot of delusion going on over there right now.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

The SEC East has essentially been the Big XII North for the last couple of years. The decline of Florida and perennially marginal and overrated programs in UGA and SC have killed half the conference.

I will be rooting for Mizzou, nonetheless. It would be nice to see the SEC drop out of the playoffs, even though I'm sure they'd somehow still make it happen.
    Last edited by EatLeadCommie; 12/1/2014 at 03:54 PM.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Mac94's Avatar
    vCash

Bama and FSU are almost locks for two of the four spots ... if Oregon wins ... they claim the third. I have to think Baylor gets the 4th spot assuming they beat KSU ... conference title and head to head along with getting a quality win in the last game has to tip the scales over TCU, IMHO ... and Ohio St losing their 2nd QB has to drag them down.
    Gig 'Em and God Bless

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

While Baylor has a tough (ESPN College Gameday-worthy!) matchup with KSU, the other playoff contenders from other conferences have championship games to worry about this weekend... so there's zounds of possibilities for a two-Big 12 playoff invite scenario

1- Alabama loses to the team that lost to Indiana. lol probably not but if it happened they're damn sure not going playoffing

2- Florida State loses to the team that just beat Georgia. The playoff committee and everyone else is dying for FSU to stop being lucky. There's a 50-50 shot it finally happens Saturday.

3- Oregon loses to the team it lost 35-28 to back in October. Yeah, that would knock quack out.

4- The Ohio State University gets run the hell over by Melvin Gordon and can't score due to losing starting quarterback. Bye bye tOSU.

If those 4 contenders prove themselves Saturday they are probably in over TCU/Baylor... but my guess is that at least one if not two fall. If I had to guess, Ohio State and Florida State are both losing. it doesn't matter how close it is or what circumstances surround the loss. A loss knocks any of those four out.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by badger View Post
    While Baylor has a tough (ESPN College Gameday-worthy!) matchup with KSU, the other playoff contenders from other conferences have championship games to worry about this weekend... so there's zounds of possibilities for a two-Big 12 playoff invite scenario

1- Alabama loses to the team that lost to Indiana. lol probably not but if it happened they're damn sure not going playoffing

2- Florida State loses to the team that just beat Georgia. The playoff committee and everyone else is dying for FSU to stop being lucky. There's a 50-50 shot it finally happens Saturday.

3- Oregon loses to the team it lost 35-28 to back in October. Yeah, that would knock quack out.

4- The Ohio State University gets run the hell over by Melvin Gordon and can't score due to losing starting quarterback. Bye bye tOSU.

If those 4 contenders prove themselves Saturday they are probably in over TCU/Baylor... but my guess is that at least one if not two fall. If I had to guess, Ohio State and Florida State are both losing. it doesn't matter how close it is or what circumstances surround the loss. A loss knocks any of those four out.
    I HOPE no more than two of these lose Saturday. I want there to be lots of distance between the top 4 and any 2-loss SECede teams. It would be nice if Bama and FSU were the two to lose.
    Ukraine: Not Our Fight.

More epicycles!