Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Re: Screw OPEC. Slap a Tarriff On Their Asses

Quote Originally Posted by REDREX View Post
    Oil down to $64.50 ---this will shutdown many of the shale plays in the next few months---Going to lose a bunch of jobs
    Through this thread and others, it has been claimed that the price of oil is affected by lower demand in the US due to higher mileage cars, increased oil production in the US and by Saudi Arabia increasing their output. No one brought up one of the main drivers of the price of oil - speculation on the commodities futures market. The price of oil has fallen from the low $90's to mid $60's in two months. The global economy is slowing down slightly, not enough to account for an almost 1/3 drop in oil prices. Increased production and/or the expectation of an increase in production over the last two months is not enough to cause the price to drop as much as it has.

Increased oil production has been credited for ALL of the increase in employment in the US which of course is price driven. Conservatives keep talking about the false recovery with the fed and other finance stimulus. Now the energy sector will feel the effects of inflated oil prices due to speculation. Overall economy will benefit from lower gas prices and energy prices.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member FaninAma's Avatar
    vCash

I wonder how long little Vlad Putin will stand idly by while the Saudi's drive the remaining nails into the coffin of Russia's struggling economy.
    Beware the man who would rule you for your own good. He will never cease. He will regulate every aspect of your life, destroy your liberty and enslave you, and sleep well convinced that he has made the world a better place.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Sooner8th View Post
    Through this thread and others, it has been claimed that the price of oil is affected by lower demand in the US due to higher mileage cars, increased oil production in the US and by Saudi Arabia increasing their output. No one brought up one of the main drivers of the price of oil - speculation on the commodities futures market. The price of oil has fallen from the low $90's to mid $60's in two months. The global economy is slowing down slightly, not enough to account for an almost 1/3 drop in oil prices. Increased production and/or the expectation of an increase in production over the last two months is not enough to cause the price to drop as much as it has.

Increased oil production has been credited for ALL of the increase in employment in the US which of course is price driven. Conservatives keep talking about the false recovery with the fed and other finance stimulus. Now the energy sector will feel the effects of inflated oil prices due to speculation. Overall economy will benefit from lower gas prices and energy prices.
    ---You know nothing about oil trading----Find a subject you can talk about intelligently

vCash

---You know nothing about oil trading----
    Find a subject you can talk about intelligently
    Is that yer Polite way of tellin him to STFU?
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Turd_Ferguson's Avatar
    vCash

Oil down to $64.50 ---this will shutdown many of the shale plays in the next few months---Going to lose a bunch of jobs
    In lay terms, what has to happen in order for oil/gas production to get back to a steady rate like back in the early 80's?

OleVet Posse Instigator

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Turd_Ferguson View Post
    In lay terms, what has to happen in order for oil/gas production to get back to a steady rate like back in the early 80's?
    ---The oil price was cut in half in the 80's lets not go back there----The strong Dollar is also hurting the price of oil-----The market trades ---high prices lead to low prices----It will be down for a while

vCash

---The oil price was cut in half in the 80's lets not go back there----The strong Dollar is also hurting the price of oil-----The market trades ---high prices lead to low prices----It will be down for a while
    Im guessing yer in the Bidness. I wish you well.
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by olevetonahill View Post
    Is that yer Polite way of tellin him to STFU?
    ---Liberals always want to talk about speculators---For every "speculator" that makes money a "speculator" loses money ---it is just a stupid talking point

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by olevetonahill View Post
    Im guessing yer in the Bidness. I wish you well.
    ---Won't bother me a bit----It will cost less to buy so it takes less cash

vCash

So you have yet another reason the price of oil is dropping. So tell you oh so wise conservatives, what happened to Obama's economy making the dollar no longer the currency of choice around the globe?

Like I have said before - no integrity.

vCash

---You know nothing about oil trading----Find a subject you can talk about intelligently
    OK redex - educate me. Explain how the price of oil drops by around a third in two months when the factors YOU claim control the price of oil don't change enough to cause the drop.

vCash

OK redex - educate me. Explain how the price of oil drops by around a third in two months when the factors YOU claim control the price of oil don't change enough to cause the drop.
    ---It is a market Google boy it trades ----You are the self proclaimed smartest person here you figure it out----- start trading and you can become very rich

vCash

So you have yet another reason the price of oil is dropping. So tell you oh so wise conservatives, what happened to Obama's economy making the dollar no longer the currency of choice around the globe?

Like I have said before - no integrity.
    ---Its stronger Google boy ----people want it----And you have no clue
    Last edited by REDREX; 12/1/2014 at 08:17 AM.

vCash

Sooner8th, Obama's policies have virtually nothing to do with what is going on in the national and global economies. His actions are purely for political show. The world banks and the derivative markets control everything. I can almost guarantee you that the reason the price of oil has fallen so fast is that the Saudi's are manupulating the oil derivatives market. Supply has nothing to do with it. Obama's policies have nothing to do with the strong dollar or our interest rates or the equity markets.

Haven't you guys figured it out? There are a 300 trillion dollars in derivatives floating around the world for a reason.
    Beware the man who would rule you for your own good. He will never cease. He will regulate every aspect of your life, destroy your liberty and enslave you, and sleep well convinced that he has made the world a better place.

vCash

---Its stronger Google boy ----people want it----And you have no clue
    As usual you are ignoring my point. A few years back conservatives were crying that the dollar was no longer the currency of choice because of the obama economy. Now it's so strong you are claiming it is hurting the price of oil. Yet another example of a claim that never came to fruition. No integrity.

vCash

As usual you are ignoring my point. A few years back conservatives were crying that the dollar was no longer the currency of choice because of the obama economy. Now it's so strong you are claiming it is hurting the price of oil. Yet another example of a claim that never came to fruition. No integrity.
    ---As usual you are trying to deflect because you have no point to make----NO CLUE

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by FaninAma View Post
    Sooner8th, Obama's policies have virtually nothing to do with what is going on in the national and global economies. His actions are purely for political show. The world banks and the derivative markets control everything. I can almost guarantee you that the reason the price of oil has fallen so fast is that the Saudi's are manupulating the oil derivatives market. Supply has nothing to do with it. Obama's policies have nothing to do with the strong dollar or our interest rates or the equity markets.

Haven't you guys figured it out? There are a 300 trillion dollars in derivatives floating around the world for a reason.
    So to be clear, when the eoncomy is not doing as well as you think it should be, it is because of obamas policies are holding back growth. But when the economy is growing and jobs are being added, "Obama's policies have virtually nothing to do with what is going on in the national and global economies". Right?

Tell me who wanted 300 trillion dollars in derivatives floating around the world? Who pushed for and got the bill passed to deregulate derivative trading?

I'll give you a hint - it was a republican.

Another question - what party hates regulation and fights to keep them deregulated?

vCash

So to be clear, when the eoncomy is not doing as well as you think it should be, it is because of obamas policies are holding back growth. But when the economy is growing and jobs are being added, "Obama's policies have virtually nothing to do with what is going on in the national and global economies". Right?

Tell me who wanted 300 trillion dollars in derivatives floating around the world? Who pushed for and got the bill passed to deregulate derivative trading?

I'll give you a hint - it was a republican.

Another question - what party hates regulation and fights to keep them deregulated?
    That's not what i said. His(or any President's) policies have a lot less impact on the economy than do the policies of the central banks and the derivatives markets.

What do you think caused the meltdown of '08?
    Last edited by FaninAma; 12/1/2014 at 03:44 PM.

vCash

Does every thread in this forum have to devolve into a pi**ing match?

I'm curious what you all think about whether Saudi Arabia is periodically manipulating the price of oil to keep US production capacity off line. (I'd guess lowering prices for a couple of years to shut down existing sites and end future exploration would put us a lot further back than the two years. All OPEC has to do is lower prices just long enough to cause hardships and once US/Canada production drops then they can allow prices to raise for a few years. Rinse and repeat.)

I'm also curious about your opinion on subsidies and tariffs. I disagree with Baylor on this one. Both have to be paid for so maybe it doesn't make a huge difference but a tariff would seem to place a huge burden on the non-energy sectors and basically make us even less competitive.

Anyway, can we get back to the issues at hand? I'm certainly no expert on these matters so I'd love to hear a little more debate and a little less seeing who can pi$$ the furthest.

vCash

Very simple----over supply+strong dollar+weak world wide demand+Saudis wanting market share back and desire to slow drilling = lower prices------