Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Re: Obola speaks about Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by BetterSoonerThanLater View Post
    Anyone notice that 8th has been curiously absent from all the ferguson related threads? I guess he's out there trying to find more stuff to make Obama look amazing to counteract his complete failure as a leader during this whole racial tension Mumbo jumbo.

Shucks! If only he could find some obscure "fact" that blames bush for all if this!!!

Smh
    So you want my input huh? OK here goes.

It's too bad the brown is dead. Just like it is with 99.99% of deaths. Are blacks in Ferguson treated right? Probably not. I have hung around with people and have done things we should have been doing, so from an early age I learned not to attract the attention of the police. That means making sure all the lights work on your car, don't speed and don't steal shi!t, especially right in front of the clerk or owner. Then don't walk down the middle of the street after you steal and when a cop pulls over and says get on the sidewalk - run your dumbass to the sidewalk. A really good way to get killed is to punch a cop through his open car window. After you punch a cop through his window and he shoots at you and you decide to run, either keep running or get your dumbass on the ground like he told you to.

There were 4 or 5 times brown couple have done something different and not to end up dead and he choose none of them. Burning sh!t up and rioting is not going to change anything, just lose support of those who might tend to agree with you that you might have a complain about how blacks are treated in your town. This is America and you can register then VOTE. That is how you change things.

As for being in the cross-hairs of persecution because you are educated, married, hard working/dutifully employed and having white skin, give me a break. I thought conservatives hated playing the victim card.

Another question - what is the felon talk about?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone! View Post
    He said something about the death of "His son". He pretty much said those who want violence are to be understood and they aren't to be condemned, or some such wisdom.
    He was quoting Brown's dad.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Sooner8th View Post

Another question - what is the felon talk about?
    The box of cigars he grabbed hit the $ figure for a 2nd class felony - yeah, I know, picky - just sick of the way the media is playing this.
    I don't know what's wrong, but it's probably your fault.

Olevet Posse

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    Wishing I was moving to Monroe, Oklahoma...
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Breadburner View Post
    There is no doubt that blacks have suffered many injustices since the day they were brought to this country as slaves

How long does this friggin card have to get played.....It's gotten terribly old.....Just saying.....
    Ummm, as far as I know, slavery ended in 1863. So for 151 years now all the injustices of a certain group are still being charged? I would give the first 2 generations a pass, but now? Given me a physical break...get off your lazy ***, use your abilities and make something of yourself. How pathetic are you to blame something that ended 150 years ago on your plight, caused by you or your parents and their choices today. Welfare has been the greatest laziness builder ever, makes people complacent, beholding to the government and crushes self-esteem.

Nope, all of this today is on each individual...
    Everything progressives do is aimed at weakening democracy, capitalism and the social and cultural institutions that support those things...... They are about subjugating people and being a ruling class.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by TheHumanAlphabet View Post
    Ummm, as far as I know, slavery ended in 1863. So for 151 years now all the injustices of a certain group are still being charged? I would give the first 2 generations a pass, but now? Given me a physical break...get off your lazy ***, use your abilities and make something of yourself. How pathetic are you to blame something that ended 150 years ago on your plight, caused by you or your parents and their choices today. Welfare has been the greatest laziness builder ever, makes people complacent, beholding to the government and crushes self-esteem.

Nope, all of this today is on each individual...
    Ended 150 years ago? Are you kidding me? When were Jim Crow laws repealed or ignored? In the 60's. THE 1960's. Rednecks in the south were killing white people and black people for simply trying to register to vote - much less actually vote. These people were and are AMERICAN CITIZENS, but were treated like they weren't. They were paying taxes to states that supported universities that they were not allowed to attend. Pull that on a white person and see the outrage, OUTRAGE I tell you!

Don't try to pretend that everything for blacks has been hunky dory over the last 150 years. When is the last time a white person lynched for whistling at a black women or trying to register to vote?

SoonerFans.com Elite Member BetterSoonerThanLater's Avatar
    vCash

so we should just continue to treat African Americans like they are incompotent of being successful on their own? you realize that by perpetuating " white guilt" and continuing to give give give, the cycle will never really break and they will never fully know what the meaning of being truly successful based on their own merits is. their will always be an astrisk. at some point, we have to quit apologizing and start helping them grow into their own, otherwise, it will always be seen as "we owe them". until then, all the affirmative action, quotas, and free stuff will alwys be the plague that keeps people from doing it on their own. their will always be an excuse. i wasn't alive in the 60's. my mother was born in 55. there wasn't much she could do, and nothing that i could do back then. am i supposed to accept that i, as a white person, i owe something to African Americans becuase i am white? or how about this... i'm half Native American. if a cherokee gets shot by a white cop after robbing a 7-11, do i get to riot? do i get to speak out about the mistreatment of native americans for the past 300+ yrs? do i go burn down the resevation? i could. but i don't. if that man was shot committing a crime, and resisting arrest, or attacking a cop, he gets what he deserves. he is accountable for his own actions. I dont get to claim that it was a wrongful death simply because he was killed by a white man. the fact of the matter is, because of the treatment of african americans 150 yrs ago, or even as recent as the 60's i'm supposed to have sympathy for a black guy regardless of his actions. if i take the side of the police officer who happens to be white, then i'm labeled a racist. when in actuality, my belief is that there is not enough accountability placed on the shoulders of the black community BY the black community. there are way more black on black crimes than white against black, yet this instance is special. And if this was truly about race, and blacks looking out for one another, then why are the riotors setting fire to homes and businesses owned and operated--not to mention employing-- blacks? its bull****, and is actualy an act of defiance to authority, propagated on the back a race. its unfortunate. let me ask you this: would this situation been any different if The officer had been black? better yet, what if michale brown had been white, and Darren wilson had been black.
    this is bull****

vCash

Black people have been screwed over for more than 150 years----But they seem to want everyone to change except them-----My Black friends are embarrassed by the way the mob acted-------Al Sharpton and MSNBC stoked this entire mess into a racial incident when it was not

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BetterSoonerThanLater View Post
    so we should just continue to treat African Americans like they are incompotent of being successful on their own? you realize that by perpetuating " white guilt" and continuing to give give give, the cycle will never really break and they will never fully know what the meaning of being truly successful based on their own merits is. their will always be an astrisk. at some point, we have to quit apologizing and start helping them grow into their own, otherwise, it will always be seen as "we owe them". until then, all the affirmative action, quotas, and free stuff will alwys be the plague that keeps people from doing it on their own. their will always be an excuse. i wasn't alive in the 60's. my mother was born in 55. there wasn't much she could do, and nothing that i could do back then. am i supposed to accept that i, as a white person, i owe something to African Americans becuase i am white? or how about this... i'm half Native American. if a cherokee gets shot by a white cop after robbing a 7-11, do i get to riot? do i get to speak out about the mistreatment of native americans for the past 300+ yrs? do i go burn down the resevation? i could. but i don't. if that man was shot committing a crime, and resisting arrest, or attacking a cop, he gets what he deserves. he is accountable for his own actions. I dont get to claim that it was a wrongful death simply because he was killed by a white man. the fact of the matter is, because of the treatment of african americans 150 yrs ago, or even as recent as the 60's i'm supposed to have sympathy for a black guy regardless of his actions. if i take the side of the police officer who happens to be white, then i'm labeled a racist. when in actuality, my belief is that there is not enough accountability placed on the shoulders of the black community BY the black community. there are way more black on black crimes than white against black, yet this instance is special. And if this was truly about race, and blacks looking out for one another, then why are the riotors setting fire to homes and businesses owned and operated--not to mention employing-- blacks? its bull****, and is actualy an act of defiance to authority, propagated on the back a race. its unfortunate. let me ask you this: would this situation been any different if The officer had been black? better yet, what if michale brown had been white, and Darren wilson had been black.
    Where or better yet HOW do you get this from what I wrote? I was simply correcting the revisionist history. It not that people like you hate victimization, because people on this board repeatedly say how white, male, heterosexual, employed people are persecuted. You only hate it when someone else plays that card.

vCash

Sharpton: All Athletes Should Salute Michael Brown as Rams Did

Tuesday, 02 Dec 2014 04:41 PM

By Cathy Burke

The Rev. Al Sharpton "respects and admires" the five St. Louis Rams football players who did a "hands up-don't shoot" tribute to Michael Brown – and says all athletes should follow suit.

In a videotaped interview, Sharpton – who attended a White House meeting Monday about the response to Brown's Aug. 9 shooting death and the unrest triggered anew when a grand jury decided not to indict Ferguson, Missouri, police officer Darren Wilson last month – praised the Rams' gesture.

"I think that they have a right to do it and it was much appreciated," Sharpton told the gossip news website TMZ.

"I respect and admire them, and I think to criticize people for expressing themselves is against what America should be about."

Sharpton also took his admiration of the Rams' players one step farther, declaring that all athletes should emulate the gesture: "I think all of 'em should, because they all could have members of their family or themselves become victims."

The Rams were bitterly criticized by the St. Louis Police Officers Association for honoring Brown, with some officers saying the athletes should be punished for the pre-game salute Sunday. The National Football League says it won't discipline the five.

Though the St. Louis County police said they got an apology from the Rams, the NFL team denied the assertion, the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports.

Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.com http://www.Newsmax.com/Headline/Al-S...#ixzz3KmpJsUG4

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Ton Loc's Avatar
    vCash

Al Sharpton is an idiot.

Other than that - A bunch of honkies giving opinions on something they know little to nothing about - so pretty much like any other thread in Obamafest.
    It takes one to know one, and I know you don't know a damn thing.

Wishing I was moving to Monroe, Oklahoma...
    vCash

Ton, I am a "honkie" and would not pretend to know much about being "black". But I lived in the South during desegregation. My best friend in the 4th and 5th grade was the only black kid at my school in Mississippi, he was there because his Dad was the school janitor. I found out about segregation because we couldn't attend each others birthday party, not from being specifically told no, but from an institutional thinking. I have met many successful black people and while I don't know each exact story, I would attribute their success to hard work and diligence. And I certainly didn't have a silver spoon in my mouth or things handed to me. I worked hard and am better for it, what I would expect from anyone.
    Everything progressives do is aimed at weakening democracy, capitalism and the social and cultural institutions that support those things...... They are about subjugating people and being a ruling class.