Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Re: Crazy Taiwanese Animators on Perine record breaker

Loved it. But I'm curious as to why any Taiwanese would GAS enough to go to the trouble. Heck, most Americans probably couldn't even find Taiwan on a globe. But the non-Red Chinese know about us. <shrug>

vCash

That was pretty damn awesome.. lol
    BOOMER SOONER
    and GEAUX SAINTS

SoonerFans.com Elite Member KantoSooner's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by ouwasp View Post
    Loved it. But I'm curious as to why any Taiwanese would GAS enough to go to the trouble. Heck, most Americans probably couldn't even find Taiwan on a globe. But the non-Red Chinese know about us. <shrug>
    1. Lots of Taiwanese went to colleges around the US and soaked up American culture.
    2. Most of the rest of the world is kind of aware of US college sports since we've taken college sports to an extreme unimagined by other countries (where college sports are more club activities closer to pick up or intramural level)
    3. In the last 15-20 years its become possible to get US sports on some cable services in Asia. So, you can slake your thirst to some extent.
    4. Taiwanese in general have a pretty positive view of the US and, it being a small place, travel internationally a fair bit with the US being a prime destination.

Lots of engineers in places like Hsinchu (where probably 1/4 of the chips in your computer were made) or Tainan went to UT and had little horn magnets on their cars. It amused me, after a morning jog, to turn them upside down, or to write "OU > UT" in the dust on their rear windows. Cheap thrills, but some things simply need doing.
    "I don't know karate, but I know ka-razor!" - James Brown

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 lexsooner's Avatar
    vCash

Here's one from the Taiwanese Animators on Jameis Winston, ND, and his problems with crabs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PY7wF_2Bg9s

Apparently, the Taiwanese Animators are a Taiwan based arm of Next Media, a huge media company owned by a Hong Kong mogul who puts out sensationalist or tabloid news. If you go to Youtube, there are many TA videos on Obama, world politics, entertainment figures. There is actually another one about the Jameis Winston crab incident. The super fat do-nothing cop seems to be a common theme in these videos.
    Last edited by lexsooner; 11/28/2014 at 10:43 PM.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by ouwasp View Post
    ...I'm curious as to why any Taiwanese would GAS enough to go to the trouble. Heck, most Americans probably couldn't even find Taiwan on a globe. But the non-Red Chinese know about us. <shrug>
    EggsactrY.
    Put a lid on it! Kiss it goodbye. We gave it away, and apparently thought it made sense to do so.