SoonerFans.com Elite Member FaninAma's Avatar
    vCash

Maryland Professor: Government Working Against The Interests Of Whites/Children

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...heir-Childrens

Thoughts? Personally I think it is sad that the politics of division are still such a major strategy of a certain political party in this country and have only worsened over the last 6 years. This is the natural blowback from those who feel like they are the targets of the divisive policies. And the tragedy of so many people who succumb to the politics of division and victimhood.
    Last edited by FaninAma; 11/25/2014 at 10:07 AM.
    Beware the man who would rule you for your own good. He will never cease. He will regulate every aspect of your life, destroy your liberty and enslave you, and sleep well convinced that he has made the world a better place.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 dwarthog's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Maryland Professor: Government Working Against The Interests Of Whites/Children

Time to stop the whole quota mess and put back in place entrance to a university based on the applicants academic qualifications.

The idiocy of quotas is on par with the passing out of participation trophies.

vCash

Re: Maryland Professor: Government Working Against The Interests Of Whites/Children

Quote Originally Posted by dwarthog View Post
    Time to stop the whole quota mess and put back in place entrance to a university based on the applicants academic qualifications.

The idiocy of quotas is on par with the passing out of participation trophies.
    Quotas are just just a bandaid for a problem that starts in childhood. Black children have to operate under the guidelines of the various state education requirements the same as all other children. There is no quota system for these requirements. The requirements are the same for children of all races.

Blacks who get a speical preference to go to an elite college or graduate program aren't the problem. The problem is the large number of black children getting left behind in grade school, junior high and high school because they don't have a good family support system at home that would promote and encourage academic success. As children struggle in their early academic careers they lose confidence and self-esteem which leads to a whole host of social problems when they get to high school and beyond.

This is not a problem that is confined to the black community. It is a problem with other parts of our society that find themselves entrenched in a permanent underclass status.
    Beware the man who would rule you for your own good. He will never cease. He will regulate every aspect of your life, destroy your liberty and enslave you, and sleep well convinced that he has made the world a better place.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member BetterSoonerThanLater's Avatar
    vCash

there is not enough responsibility placed on the parents. i wouldn't want my child to be given special treatment because of the color of their skin. Earn your way, don't expect handouts, and try to understand that no body owes you anything. unfortunately, there are many of color that feel they are owed success, and special treatment--only to be given it and be set up for failure. Thus perpetuating the negative cycle.

the more communities of color expect to be given preferntial treatment, and used to meet a quota, the less they will actually be successful. this is my main arguement against the liberal model of giving free ****, rather than having people be enpwoered to earn it, and feel what true success is. Nanny state does not work. its funny how the liberals are seen as the ones that speak up for minorities, but in actuality, that are preventing them from upward mobility, by treating them like they cant do **** without them..
    this is bull****

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by FaninAma View Post
    Thoughts? Personally I think it is sad that the politics of division are still such a major strategy of a certain political party in this country and have only worsened over the last 6 years. This is the natural blowback from those who feel like they are the targets of the divisive policies. And the tragedy of so many people who succumb to the politics of division and victimhood.
    I don't know what the future holds, but until an executive order states otherwise, President Obama will be out of office in two years and with it, any of his executive orders that are not protected by Congress-voted laws.

So, can you wait a few years? I know not everyone can, but I think I can.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member BetterSoonerThanLater's Avatar
    vCash

the question should be, " can America hold on for another 2 years? "

i know i know.. the sky is falling!
    this is bull****

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerjeepman's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by FaninAma;4899575

Blacks who get a speical preference to go to an elite college or graduate program aren't the problem.[B
    The problem is the large number of black children getting left behind in grade school, junior high and high school because they don't have a good family support system at home that would promote and encourage academic success.[/B] As children struggle in their early academic careers they lose confidence and self-esteem which leads to a whole host of social problems when they get to high school and beyond.

This is not a problem that is confined to the black community. It is a problem with other parts of our society that find themselves entrenched in a permanent underclass status.
    bingo
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BetterSoonerThanLater View Post
    there is not enough responsibility placed on the parents. i wouldn't want my child to be given special treatment because of the color of their skin. Earn your way, don't expect handouts, and try to understand that no body owes you anything. unfortunately, there are many of color that feel they are owed success, and special treatment--only to be given it and be set up for failure. Thus perpetuating the negative cycle.

the more communities of color expect to be given preferntial treatment, and used to meet a quota, the less they will actually be successful. this is my main arguement against the liberal model of giving free ****, rather than having people be enpwoered to earn it, and feel what true success is. Nanny state does not work. its funny how the liberals are seen as the ones that speak up for minorities, but in actuality, that are preventing them from upward mobility, by treating them like they cant do **** without them..
    spot on as well...
    There are good poor black families that are trying...but a lot that are not. I'd say the majority don't have a dad in the house as well...
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 lexsooner's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by FaninAma View Post
    http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...heir-Childrens

This author seems to emphasize the wrongness of privileged white kids not getting into schools of the same level their parent attended and their ancestors founded and built. I almost get the impression his kid did not get into the school of his choice or something. Some of it can be attributed to racial politics, but much of it is because there is so much competition now and so many of the most qualified are from highly educated immigrant families. Quotas are wrong and the most academically qualified should be admitted to the best universities, but there is a feel of elitism and privilege in this article.
    Last edited by lexsooner; 11/26/2014 at 06:21 PM.

vCash

it's still an issue...they DON'T put the top scorers in...if your not white you can have lower scores and get in over white kids who have higher scores...which is wrong.

My brother was an accountant with Aurther Anderson, an worldwide Big 8 firm...he left before the crash...he specifically had to work with a black woman who needed 3 other accountants to help her do her job...so it wasted 3 other folks time. They couldn't fire her at all...even though she sucked. THAT is bs. She even talked about her grades in college...but everyone knew her grades and they weren't shi9.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 lexsooner's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerjeepman View Post
    it's still an issue...they DON'T put the top scorers in...if your not white you can have lower scores and get in over white kids who have higher scores...which is wrong.

My brother was an accountant with Aurther Anderson, an worldwide Big 8 firm...he left before the crash...he specifically had to work with a black woman who needed 3 other accountants to help her do her job...so it wasted 3 other folks time. They couldn't fire her at all...even though she sucked. THAT is bs. She even talked about her grades in college...but everyone knew her grades and they weren't shi9.
    Well, the top schools don't select the most qualified if they are Asian or white kids who are not children of alumni. The way it seems to work now is they have unofficial quotas for underrepresented minorities, athletes, kids of alums or otherwise connected students. Hence, the top students who are often Asian or Indian get hosed, as do the white kids who are not athletes or legacies.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by lexsooner View Post
    Well, the top schools don't select the most qualified if they are Asian or white kids who are not children of alumni. The way it seems to work now is they have unofficial quotas for underrepresented minorities, athletes, kids of alums or otherwise connected students. Hence, the top students who are often Asian or Indian get hosed, as do the white kids who are not athletes or legacies.
    There is some indication that Asians are starting to wake up to this development.