SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

so can UCLA beat the ducks for the PAC title?

and, looks like mizzou is going to have a rough game with arky before they get shellacked by bamer in the SEC SEC SEC conference title game.

Too bad bamer will prolly be in the 4 team playoff, and the FSU Crims, but it's hard to say for the other 2. I'm thinking tOSU most likely, but I sure don't want to see Baylor anywhere near that thing. I would rather bamer win it than baylor.
    Put a lid on it! Kiss it goodbye. We gave it away, and apparently thought it made sense to do so.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Re: so can UCLA beat the ducks for the PAC title?

I don't think it helps us if the B12 gets snubbed.
    The enduring image of Oklahoma was that ridiculous double–middle finger of a game-icing kick. It was probably an accident, which somehow made it more, not less, insulting. It was as though Stoops had partied so hard on the corpse of the SEC that he woke up with an unplanned tattoo.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by soonergirlNeugene View Post
    I don't think it helps us if the B12 gets snubbed.
    Definitely not. That seriously hurts us in recruiting if 1-loss XII teams are shut out. Players want to make it to the championship.

vCash

Recruiting-wise, worst case scenario is Baylor and TCU both making it into the playoffs, and then playing a historically good championship game. Then those two schools are that much bigger competition for us. I don't think the fact that our conference rivals are going to the playoffs helps us at all in recruiting. It's about what WE do that interests kids.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Eielson View Post
    Recruiting-wise, worst case scenario is Baylor and TCU both making it into the playoffs, and then playing a historically good championship game. Then those two schools are that much bigger competition for us. I don't think the fact that our conference rivals are going to the playoffs helps us at all in recruiting. It's about what WE do that interests kids.
    Exactamundo! Baylor and/or TCU making the playoff and especially winning playoff games will only help either or both of those teams. Sure won't help OU's recruiting. Phkc the conference, and other teams in our recruiting areas.(arky, missou, louisiana, new mexico and colorado)
    Put a lid on it! Kiss it goodbye. We gave it away, and apparently thought it made sense to do so.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 sendbaht's Avatar
    vCash

[QUOTE=Eielson;4897741]Recruiting-wise, worst case scenario is Baylor and TCU both making it into the playoffs, and then playing a historically good championship game. Then those two schools are that much bigger competition for us. I don't think the fact that our conference rivals are going to the playoffs helps us at all in recruiting. It's about what WE do that interests kids.[/QUOTE

this is what I believe too.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 aurorasooner's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone! View Post
    and, looks like mizzou is going to have a rough game with arky before they get shellacked by bamer in the SEC SEC SEC conference title game.

Too bad bamer will prolly be in the 4 team playoff, and the FSU Crims, but it's hard to say for the other 2. I'm thinking tOSU most likely, but I sure don't want to see Baylor anywhere near that thing. I would rather bamer win it than baylor.
    Don't know where the Pac CC game is being played this year or even if UCLA and Whoregon are locks, but if it's in LA or possibly Phoenix, and UCLA does play Oregon, I think they've got a chance. If it's in Frisco which is more of a neutral site, then Oregon will probably win.
    I heard Herby tonight and he was shilling Ohio State as his no 4. I did think MSU would mudhole the Bucs, and after watching some of their Indiana game today, I'm not completely sold on them.
    It's really going to get interesting if Auburn upsets Bama again or they get upset in the SEC CC game and Miss St makes it in the top 4 w/o going to SEC CC game. I'm going to DVR the Finebum show the following Monday, if the SEC doesn't make it in, or Miss St somehow does make it in w/o going to the SEC CC game.
    I really would like to see UF upset FSU as Muschamp's last stand, just because I think Jimbo made a deal with the devil and the FSU administration and/or the Tally PD may be run by the devil, but then we would probably see both TCU and Baylor in.
    I do agree that it would hurt us more if either TCU or Baylor make it out of the semis, not so sure just making it into the final 4 though.

vCash

The pac12 title game will be played in Santa Clara - the 49ers stadium. Should be pretty much an even crowd. The Ducks are in, but the south title is TBD. UCLA is in if they beat Stanford and they are big favorites. Stanford's offense is dreadful this year, but they still have a defense that can suck the life out of a game and give them a chance. Assuming UCLA gets it done, they were beaten handily by the Ducks earlier this year, but are playing better now. Always harder to beat that same team the second time so they say. I think it would be competitive as I just don't believe in the UO defense.

vCash

I hope bama loses again, but I don't think they will. Saban has had enough of not winning. If he wins this year, he'll tie Bear Bryant for NC's with 5. I think he would stay coaching and try to get the 6th one. only Fielding Yost has pulled that off, and that was in the distant past, with MUCH less competition. I'm sick of Baylor and Oregon, and sorta sympathetic with TCU, but it would be bad for our recruiting if any Big 12 rival is in the playoff.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 aurorasooner's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner79 View Post
    The pac12 title game will be played in Santa Clara - the 49ers stadium. Should be pretty much an even crowd. The Ducks are in, but the south title is TBD. UCLA is in if they beat Stanford and they are big favorites. Stanford's offense is dreadful this year, but they still have a defense that can suck the life out of a game and give them a chance. Assuming UCLA gets it done, they were beaten handily by the Ducks earlier this year, but are playing better now. Always harder to beat that same team the second time so they say. I think it would be competitive as I just don't believe in the UO defense.
    Didn't that exact same scenario play out a couple of year's ago, when USC was on probation and still won the south but couldn't go and UCLA played a rematch against Oregon in Frisco or Palo Alto and played them tough after getting trampled by them in the regular season?

I didn't watch much of the UCLA/USCw game tonight because I got interested in the Baylor/OSU and the UT/Mizzou game and was too lazy tonight to turn on the 3rd monitor. When I left it was 17-14 or 17-17 and then when I switched back, UCLA was up by 3 TDs. I don't have a clue if USC turned the ball over or UCLA just mud-holed them in the 2nd half.

vCash

Bama isn't quite the road team that they have been in the past. The SEC CCG and of course the playoffs will all be neutral sites. Saban and staff have been great preparing for the BCS title game when they have several weeks to scheme. That may be an advantage for the 1st round, but the 2nd round will be the normal 1 week preparation. Bama looks pretty hard to beat right now.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by aurorasooner View Post

I didn't watch much of the UCLA/USCw game tonight because I got interested in the Baylor/OSU and the UT/Mizzou game and was too lazy tonight to turn on the 3rd monitor. When I left it was 17-14 or 17-17 and then when I switched back, UCLA was up by 3 TDs. I don't have a clue if USC turned the ball over or UCLA just mud-holed them in the 2nd half.
    UCLA took over the game, just go peek at the box score.