Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member birddog's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Stay Classy, Wisconsin Fans...

They're programs an afterthought in the cfb world. They were on top for a week and now they're back to eternal irrelevance. So be it.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Judge Smails's Avatar
    vCash

If you watch Perine's record setting run, if not for one defender, he would have had another 30 yards added to the record.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

I decided to do a little math.

Gordon's first carry was the first play of the game, and his final carry was as time expired in the 3rd quarter, so he literally played the entire first 3 quarters. If we say that the opening kickoff took 5 seconds, then Melvin Gordon was playing for 44:55.

Perine did not get his first snap/carry until the second possession (which he went for 49 yards and scored on), and that was at 11:33 in the first. He had 2 fourth quarter carries, and he was taken out at 12:05 (I believe, ESPN doesn't show it exactly). That means that he played 44:28.

Also, when Wisconsin pulled Gordon, they were winning by 35 points. When we pulled Perine, we were up 34 points.

Nice try, Wisconsin fans. Nice try.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Judge Smails's Avatar
    vCash

POST OF THE YEAR.

Quote Originally Posted by Eielson View Post
    I decided to do a little math.

Gordon's first carry was the first play of the game, and his final carry was as time expired in the 3rd quarter, so he literally played the entire first 3 quarters. If we say that the opening kickoff took 5 seconds, then Melvin Gordon was playing for 44:55.

Perine did not get his first snap/carry until the second possession (which he went for 49 yards and scored on), and that was at 11:33 in the first. He had 2 fourth quarter carries, and he was taken out at 12:05 (I believe, ESPN doesn't show it exactly). That means that he played 44:28.

Also, when Wisconsin pulled Gordon, they were winning by 35 points. When we pulled Perine, we were up 34 points.

Nice try, Wisconsin fans. Nice try.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 lexsooner's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by birddog View Post
    They're programs an afterthought in the cfb world. They were on top for a week and now they're back to eternal irrelevance. So be it.
    Speaking of irrelevant programs which are an afterthought in college football, ShaggyBevo has threads on Perine and the posts vary from way to go Texas kid, F Mack for not recruiting him, OU sucks, OU played him too long to get the record. In an off week, their board shows that UT fans: hate OU; hate Nebraska; hate the Aggies; are feeling giddy about a small sliver of success in a 5-6 loss season. From their comments, you would think they are a top ten team and playoff contenders and we are the rebuilding ones.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 hawaii 5-0's Avatar
    vCash

Congrats to both Gordon and Perine.

Both great players, with balance power and speed

5-0
    BOY HOWDY !!!!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Widescreen's Avatar
    vCash

It's ****in Stoops I wouldn't expect any less. In hindsight I wish we woulda kept MGIII in but don't wanna be stupid and risk an injury. We still have something to play for and Melvin would be the first to tell you that
    Translation: Stoops is classless for allowing Perine to keep playing. I wish our coach would've done the same thing.

Excellent logic. <roll eyes>

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Smails View Post
    If you watch Perine's record setting run, if not for one defender, he would have had another 30 yards added to the record.
    Anybody remember a certain diminutive running back that declined to go back
    in the game to break AD's season total. I have no problem with letting Perine
    go for it, in fact, I'd prolly squawk because the coach dint. Gotta let some kids
    have glory! Think about it?! If he does nothing else in life, for one fleeting moment,
    he was king of the hill!!!! We all know that Samaje isn't done.....BTW, KU's defense
    was just flat out tired and truly hesitant to try to tackle a 243# rb whose path was
    cleared by a 248# fb....jus sayin'....

Administrator
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by aurorasooner View Post
    We really needed something like this to mask JH sfb game-plans, imo.
    I mean throwing the ball on 2nd and 6 (and then again on 3rd and 6) in a pouring down rain with a BU QB that can't hit the broad side of a barn in a drizzle much less a downpour. You know I'm all for not getting one dimensional with some short safe passes, and all, especially with a green QB and the weather conditions, but some of those deep out routes and across the field swing passes were just ridiculous in this weather. Our receivers, other than SS and Rip, aren't doing CT any favors, either. BTW, that was a helluva catch and run for a 1st down by RIP.
    Contrary to popular belief, you can't run the ball on every single down these days. You also have to throw more than just a swing pass every now and then. If you never attempt to stretch the field, then the secondary can sell out to stop the run. You have to present that threat once in a while.

The game plan was fine, that's just nit picking.

JH hasn't been nearly as bad as the mob wants to think. Sure, he's going to make a poor call once in a while, but so does every offensive coordinator in the country.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 aurorasooner's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by 8timechamps View Post
    Contrary to popular belief, you can't run the ball on every single down these days. You also have to throw more than just a swing pass every now and then. If you never attempt to stretch the field, then the secondary can sell out to stop the run. You have to present that threat once in a while.

JH hasn't been nearly as bad as the mob wants to think. Sure, he's going to make a poor call once in a while, but so does every offensive coordinator in the country.
    Disagree completely, especially with the weather conditions today. In the 1st half, imo, he tried to give CT passing plays that the kid just simply can't make in a pouring down rain. Maybe he can make them in practice on a perfect and still day, but not in the weather conditions today.
    As I mentioned in the post, I do think that we need to pass some even with a BU QB and even in pouring down rain to keep the defense honest and not become one dimensional, but those pass plays need to be limited in weather like today to short outs probably to the short side of the field, short quick swing passes for some YAC (not the wide ones), regular screen passes especially as tall as he is (I think he threw 2 today, 1 complete and he made a good decision and threw one away), and, again as tall as he is, I wouldn't have much of a problem with some inside lob screens and maybe some short slants as well (only if he shows some accuracy with the others), as long as he's coached up some to look out for the LB(s) and throw it in the ground from the pocket if not completely wide open.
    Just my honest opinion, but most of those pass routes in the 1st half were ridiculous for a BU rookie QB in the heavy pouring down rain, except for maybe a QB like a B Petty or a Sammy B.

Sooner Starter
    vCash

...I had forgotten Wisconsin played football until last week

ss
    "You can trouble me for a warm glass of shut-the-hell-up"

Sooner Starter
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by birddog View Post
    BOOM!!!!
    You want a toe? I can get you a toe by 3 o'clock!!!!
    Posted from iOS app

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

They're just still butthurt over losing Pritchard to us this week:

Oklahoma? For an elite basketball recruit? Ha.
    If it's Oklahoma, I guess academics weren't a big priority.
    It's hard to look at Lon Kruger's career and see him at Oklahoma for Pritchard's four years. Not a lot of talent around him. Just saying he has a lot of better offers to consider.
    What a strange list, Oklahoma is the last school I guessed he would go to.
    Wow, Oklahoma, guy must really want to be near family; otherwise what a waste of talent; he won't go anywhere with that team.
    http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=193&f...t=13353804&p=1
    Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb.

vCash

Oh hush with yer silly Logic and common sense!
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

vCash

THIS THREAD IS STRICTLY FOR MAKING FUN OF WISCONSIN!!!

vCash

Not really. It just makes me feel powerful when I boss people around.

Sooner Starter
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by olevetonahill View Post

Oh hush with yer silly Logic and common sense!
    Vet....where ya been today????
    You want a toe? I can get you a toe by 3 o'clock!!!!
    Posted from iOS app

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by JLMSOONER View Post
    Vet....where ya been today????
    Flew to Cal. to spend Turkey day with my oldest sister.
    They all spoiling me ~
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

Allegedly Pokish
    vCash

I don't understand the butthurt. The name of the record is clear, most rushing yardage in a game. A game.

Not most rushing yardage in 3 quarters or 3 1/2 quarters or any other spliceage.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SanDiegoSoonerGal View Post
    I don't understand the butthurt. The name of the record is clear, most rushing yardage in a game. A game.

Not most rushing yardage in 3 quarters or 3 1/2 quarters or any other spliceage.
    ^ What She said!