Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Stay Classy, Wisconsin Fans...

http://wisconsin.247sports.com/Board...-Fall-33168282

Funny stuff over on their message boards. They're bashing Bob Stoops over there for letting Perine play in the 4th quarter, despite the fact that we pulled him with over 12 minutes left in the game.

vCash

Re: Stay Classy, Wisconsin Fans...

Some quotes...

Perine from OU (of all places for me) is about to break it against Kansas, he's at 375 with 7 mins left in the 3rd
    1. Who the **** is that
    2. 3 ****in quarters
    Exactly. If gordon played the 4th quarter the record would've been untouchable
    What a joke that they kept him in
    It's ****in Stoops I wouldn't expect any less. In hindsight I wish we woulda kept MGIII in but don't wanna be stupid and risk an injury. We still have something to play for and Melvin would be the first to tell you that

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Was this thread needed?

vCash

Apparently 3 is greater than 4 in Wisconsin...

Call me unimpressed. Nebraska > Kansas, 3 quarters > 4 quarters...
    Congrats to the kid, but it doesn't have that "feel" to it...almost like it isn't comparable.

vCash

It's a message board, not a Nazi convention. This thread, like all the rest, is completely unnecessary!
    The enduring image of Oklahoma was that ridiculous double–middle finger of a game-icing kick. It was probably an accident, which somehow made it more, not less, insulting. It was as though Stoops had partied so hard on the corpse of the SEC that he woke up with an unplanned tattoo.

vCash

Lots of butthurt in that thread. I watched the NU/Wisky game and that left Gordon in just so he could break the record too.

vCash

Heck, we will be saying the same crap if someone breaks it again next week.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SoonerBBall's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BigTip View Post
    Disagree. If you have the chance to break a major record you do it. If someone else does it, good for them. Doesn't make Perine's accomplishment less awesome.
    Why doesn't he ever drop to the turf and sizzle like bacon when he scores? Is that too much to ask? -CobraKai on Adrian Peterson

vCash

I won't. Next week we'll have bigger fish to fry w/ OSU in town. Only way we are talking about this record next week is if Perine breaks it.
    The enduring image of Oklahoma was that ridiculous double–middle finger of a game-icing kick. It was probably an accident, which somehow made it more, not less, insulting. It was as though Stoops had partied so hard on the corpse of the SEC that he woke up with an unplanned tattoo.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member bluedogok's Avatar
    vCash

Classy and Wisconsin in the same sentence?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerBBall View Post
    Disagree. If you have the chance to break a major record you do it. If someone else does it, good for them. Doesn't make Perine's accomplishment less awesome.
    I didn't say we would disagree with a coach trying to get a player to break a record, I am just saying we will be SAYING the same things as the wisky folks are saying. That's what you do on a sports board! lol

vCash

I wouldn't, I think a coach should let a player go for it. Doesn't take anything away from what Gordon did last week.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerBBall View Post
    That's how I feel. It stings that a record that stood for 15 years is broken after just 1 week, but I'm not going to call anybody's class into question. Wisconsin obviously played for the record as well. It's not like it's coincidence that they didn't pull their RB until right after the carry that put him past LT. They would have played him another possession in the 4th if he was 20 yards short. Gordon still had an amazing performance against Nebraska, and people will remember it for many years.

vCash

I didn't say we would disagree with a coach trying to get a player to break a record, I am just saying we will be SAYING the same things as the wisky folks are saying. That's what you do on a sports board! lol
    You're probably right. Maybe not on this low volume board, but you'd get the full spectrum over on LT

Besides, it won't happen for a while - amazing it did back to back like that.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner79 View Post
    Besides, it won't happen for a while - amazing it did back to back like that.
    It really is amazing. It's sort of soaking in. That record stood for 15 years prior to LAST week.

vCash

Yeah LT is different, but it feels a lot like shaggy. I don't really consider either of those sites as an accurate reflection of either fanbase. The volume comment is close to accurate though. They are certainly LOUDER over there.

vCash

https://twitter.com/ballrb28/status/536269824943349760

Montee Ball joins the butthurt club. I mean, like..yeah, every RB that plays into the 4th quarter can rush for over 400 yards.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Judge Smails's Avatar
    vCash

I blame it on too much cheese in their diets.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 aurorasooner's Avatar
    vCash

It really is amazing. It's sort of soaking in. That record stood for 15 years prior to LAST week.
    We really needed something like this to mask JH sfb game-plans, imo.
    I mean throwing the ball on 2nd and 6 (and then again on 3rd and 6) in a pouring down rain with a BU QB that can't hit the broad side of a barn in a drizzle much less a downpour. You know I'm all for not getting one dimensional with some short safe passes, and all, especially with a green QB and the weather conditions, but some of those deep out routes and across the field swing passes were just ridiculous in this weather. Our receivers, other than SS and Rip, aren't doing CT any favors, either. BTW, that was a helluva catch and run for a 1st down by RIP.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner79 View Post
    Doesn't take anything away from what Gordon did last week.
    Yeah it does...

His #1 spot in the record books.