Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 okiewaker's Avatar
    vCash
    Cannot remember,,how many carries did Perine get in the 4th qtr?
    Posted from iOS app

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Re: Stay Classy, Wisconsin Fans...

Quote Originally Posted by okiewaker View Post
    Cannot remember,,how many carries did Perine get in the 4th qtr?
    The first 2 plays of OU's first 4th qtr possession
    1st and 10 at OU 17 - Perine for 7 yards
    2nd and 3 at OU 24 - Perine for 42 yards

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner79 View Post
    The first 2 plays of OU's first 4th qtr possession
    1st and 10 at OU 17 - Perine for 7 yards
    2nd and 3 at OU 24 - Perine for 42 yards
    Thank you, Boulder. I didn't think he was around much in the 4th.
    Posted from iOS app

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by okiewaker View Post
    Thank you, Boulder. I didn't think he was around much in the 4th.
    He was clearly in there to break records, but so was Gordon his last few carries. It may have just been for the conference record, but Perine ran too far He may have broken the conference record on the 7 yarder. Both player's yardage totals were amazing, but they also required playing defenses they were terrible that day. But that's how records usually come about.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 aurorasooner's Avatar
    vCash

Perine's sure getting a lot of love on the halftime recap shows and especially on Fox's Big 12 Live show tonight, as well he should. There was a couple of low-class snide remarks on SpinCenter about him going back in to break the record, but that's normal for them when the record-breaking game is not on their channels. They only had him as number 10 on their top 10 plays of the day, as well.

I do agree with SD Srn gals post, that it's not a 3rd qtr record but a total game record, so I don't know what all the grief is, from the Wisky fans. If the game weeks were reversed, I'm sure Gordon would've just stayed in the game longer, anyway.

BTW, Kudos to Fox for leaving our game on FS-1 and not switching it to FS-2 as they usually do. I think it was because of the rushing stats record but they usually switch away from a blowout game. But props to them anyway.

Switching back and forth now between the taped Snr Wimmens BB game and waiting for CFB Final to come on. The Sooner women sure have a lot of good looking hotties playing BB. 1st time I've watched them this year. If they can play BB as good as they look, this should be a great year for them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aurorasooner View Post
    Perine's sure getting a lot of love on the halftime recap shows and especially on Fox's Big 12 Live show tonight, as well he should. There was a couple of low-class snide remarks on SpinCenter about him going back in to break the record, but that's normal for them when the record-breaking game is not on their channels. They only had him as number 10 on their top 10 plays of the day, as well.

I do agree with SD Srn gals post, that it's not a 3rd qtr record but a total game record, so I don't know what all the grief is, from the Wisky fans. If the game weeks were reversed, I'm sure Gordon would've just stayed in the game longer, anyway.

BTW, Kudos to Fox for leaving our game on FS-1 and not switching it to FS-2 as they usually do. I think it was because of the rushing stats record but they usually switch away from a blowout game. But props to them anyway.

Switching back and forth now between the taped Snr Wimmens BB game and waiting for CFB Final to come on. The Sooner women sure have a lot of good looking hotties playing BB. 1st time I've watched them this year. If they can play BB as good as they look, this should be a great year for them.
    Agree with you!
    Posted from iOS app

vCash

Whiny Badgers
    Owen '05-'26 122-54-16 .677 (Foundation)
    Wilkinson '47-'63 145-29-4 .829 (DYNASTY 1) 3 NC
    Switzer '73-'88 157-29-4 .837(DYNASTY 2) 3 NC
    Stoops '99- PRESENT 179-46.793 (DYNASTY 3) 1 NC and still WAITING

At OU tradition is about more than just one coach 861-319-53 .720

Scattergun toting Posse member

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by stoopified View Post
    Whiny Badgers
    She sure is!

Sooner Starter
    vCash

Gordon didn't seem upset about it at all. In fact he basically said..."good for him"
    "Image is what people think we are. Integrity is what we really are"

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerjeepman's Avatar
    vCash

guess, although it was a great day and feat for the young man...and I'm sure EVERY coach in the country would have done the same thing...

I see some points.

wisc dude did it in 10 less carries and against a better D. Say what ya want but Neb is better, even on that day, vs ku.

BUT, it doesn't matter, all that it will read is Pernine, NCAA rushing single game record.
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Turd_Ferguson's Avatar
    vCash

I'd have left him in the whole game.

OleVet Posse Instigator

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Turd_Ferguson View Post
    I'd have left him in the whole game.
    And the football gods would have made sure he was injured; you don't F with the football gods.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 ouduckhunter's Avatar
    North Carolina via Oreygon, Texas, and the great state of Oklahoma
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by aurorasooner View Post

Great post, and ITA!
    From the home of Seymour Johnson Air Force Base...

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Pricetag's Avatar
    vCash

La ola es mía.

vCash

we don't need no stinking badgers.....
    on Big Tex burning....They mentioned this on College Football Live. Pollack asked if it represented the Texas defense. Herbie told him it represented the Texas bandwagon.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerjeepman's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by 70sooner View Post
    we don't need no stinking badgers.....
    nice...need to see that movie..been a long time.
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

I have been thinking about this (because it is fun to).

The wisky guy had a better yard per carry average. But think about what would really be impressive. What if someone broke the record now and only averaged 8 yards per carry? Holy cow, that would be one tough sumbitch. More impressive to me.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Let Wisconsin win something and then they can talk

SoonerFans.com Elite Member birddog's Avatar
    vCash

Yeah when your history is Barry Alvarez and that goof at arkansas- bieliema, Chris farley might have a few things to say about their "success". "Hey dad, I can't see too good is that the green bay packers out there!?"

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 freshchris05's Avatar
    vCash

I hope Gordon breaks Sanders record so those fags can put up with poke fans.
    "This whole world is 3 drinks behind..."