Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 dwarthog's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Stay Classy, Wisconsin Fans...

Don't know why they should be so upset up there in cheese land. They are going to be a great sports trivia question for many years to come.

Administrator
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by aurorasooner View Post
    Disagree completely, especially with the weather conditions today. In the 1st half, imo, he tried to give CT passing plays that the kid just simply can't make in a pouring down rain. Maybe he can make them in practice on a perfect and still day, but not in the weather conditions today.
    As I mentioned in the post, I do think that we need to pass some even with a BU QB and even in pouring down rain to keep the defense honest and not become one dimensional, but those pass plays need to be limited in weather like today to short outs probably to the short side of the field, short quick swing passes for some YAC (not the wide ones), regular screen passes especially as tall as he is (I think he threw 2 today, 1 complete and he made a good decision and threw one away), and, again as tall as he is, I wouldn't have much of a problem with some inside lob screens and maybe some short slants as well (only if he shows some accuracy with the others), as long as he's coached up some to look out for the LB(s) and throw it in the ground from the pocket if not completely wide open.
    Just my honest opinion, but most of those pass routes in the 1st half were ridiculous for a BU rookie QB in the heavy pouring down rain, except for maybe a QB like a B Petty or a Sammy B.
    The throws were either overthrown, or dropped by receivers. Rain doesn't account for those throws. KU's QB was able to throw a few completions in the same conditions. The overthrows are just par for the course with Thomas (as it is with just about any freshman QB). The rain does affect the passing game (and I think accounted for at least one drop), but I think you're being overly critical in this instance. The kid only put the ball in the air 13 times. So, of the 79 snaps, he put the ball up 13 times...that's absolutely acceptable given the situation.

The short passing game is almost equivalent to the running game, and does very little to keep a secondary from selling out for the run. You have to put the ball down field at times. As it was, KU was already moving 8 into the box, and in the second half (when we started lining up in heavy sets), they were spinning down both safeties and loading 8 or 9 guys.

Here's the thing, the KU defense came out aggressive against the run at the start of the game. Although we knew we would have to run the majority of the day, there had to be an option to throw too. Heupel didn't even ask Thomas to throw the ball until the 4th series on offense. The game plan was run, right from the start.

The game was never in doubt. It was obvious, early, that KU wasn't going to be able to stop our run game. There were a few passes (as there should have been), but the majority of the offensive snaps were running calls. Our defense shut out the KU offense, and kept the ball in the hands of our offense. I just can't understand why anyone would be critical of Heupel for the performance yesterday. We did exactly what we needed to do, and won handily.

You may not be in the "Fire JH" camp, but I think that group of people are just looking for any possible negative to pile on. I've watched and re-watched every game we've played this year. I honestly can't understand the level of disdain that group has towards Heup. He's not been perfect, but he's hardly been bad.

vCash

Pretty much agree Bro

Kinda like all those who Bash on Obammy constantly.While I detest the dude and will be glad when hes a memory. He is NOT wrong in everything he does.(Just Mos Hee hee)
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

We need more Badger hatred soundbytes in here, so that I can misquote them next time Badj starts yapping about the Packers.

Quote Originally Posted by olevetonahill View Post
    Pretty much agree Bro

Kinda like all those who Bash on Obammy constantly.While I detest the dude and will be glad when hes a memory. He is NOT wrong in everything he does.(Just Mos Hee hee)
    He did promise to end global warming. Kudos to him for doing that.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerjeepman's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by olevetonahill View Post
    Pretty much agree Bro

lol...yur drunk..or
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by 8timechamps View Post
    The overthrows are just par for the course with Thomas (as it is with just about any freshman QB). The rain does affect the passing game (and I think accounted for at least one drop), but I think you're being overly critical in this instance. The kid only put the ball in the air 13 times. So, of the 79 snaps, he put the ball up 13 times...that's absolutely acceptable given the situation.
    ^This exactly. Unbelievable that fans think attempting 13 passes in a game is throwing too much. Especially given how much in control of the game we were, so giving the young QB some game experience was so low risk. And both those completions were pretty big plays. He put a nice touch on the screen pass and netted 19 and the play RIP was actually a turning point in the game. Thomas also made a great decision when we tried the screen again and KU had it covered - he threw the ball at Perine's ankles to save the loss. A huge improvement over his panic/INT from just a week ago. Never know when these lessons will pay off - could even be in 2 weeks. (But hopefully, TK will be back by then).

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerjeepman View Post
    lol...yur drunk..or
    Naw, Josh is cool imho. Obammy is just a ****in idiot
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

I considered disguising myself as a Wisconsin fan for a few days to rant and rave about how unfair and just not right it is that Perine has the record now, but considering that a Wisconsin Badger once took a Texas Longhorn's rushing record and Heisman a mere season after he set it... you're welcome, by the way... it is almost football poetic justice that a Wisconsin Badger record be set and broken just about at the same pace, relatively.

I definitely would have hooked a few n00bs. It would have been fun. Ah well.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member birddog's Avatar
    vCash

Badg, I respect ya and all, but you're not above hooking n00bs. Do it and share here plz. We're all counting on you!

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

They're just upset because their lone accomplishment in college football history was taken away from them. Waaaaahsconsin needs to call a whaaaambulance.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 yankee's Avatar
    vCash

Wisconsin fans can suck it, our guy has the record.

Sucks to suck. At least you all have the Jump Around thing every game, it's real cute.
    Walk on through the wind, walk on through the rain, tho' your dreams be tossed and blown, walk on.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Eielson View Post
    Funny stuff over on their message boards.
    I am a Wisconsin Badger fan and I created a new account here to just tell you all that PERINE SUCKS COMPARED TO MELVIN GORDON

Wisconsin is in a SUPERIOR CONFERENCE to OU's sh1tty Big 12. Way to count, stupid. Ten teams in a "12" conference? You're conference athletics and academics suck, morons.

Nebraska and their Blackshirt defense is something you Sooners don't face. Oooo Kansas Jayhawks. Way to rack up stats on a basketball school, losers.

Melvin Gordon is the true record holder. He plays at the school of Ron Dayne, a real running back school, not crappy OU whose never had any legit running backs. Adrian Peterson doesn't count because Vikings suck GO PACK GO haha

Suck it Sooners. Have fun not playing in the Rose Bowl and go to whatever crappy bowls Big 12 goes to toilet bowl or something sh1tty haha losers

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by yankee View Post
    Wisconsin fans can suck it, our guy has the record.

Sucks to suck. At least you all have the Jump Around thing every game, it's real cute.
    NO YOU SUCK SO SUCK IT SUCKER

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by thecrimsoncrusader View Post
    They're just upset because their lone accomplishment in college football history was taken away from them. Waaaaahsconsin needs to call a whaaaambulance.
    LONE ACCOMPLISHMENT?! WE ARE AMERICA'S DAIRYLAND what is Oklaoma America's sh1thole haha OKLKAHOMA SUKKS losers

vCash

That's good, Badj. You'll probably suck in a few on this board

SoonerFans.com Elite Member KantoSooner's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by badger View Post
    I am a Wisconsin Badger fan and I created a new account here to just tell you all that PERINE SUCKS COMPARED TO MELVIN GORDON

Wisconsin is in a SUPERIOR CONFERENCE to OU's sh1tty Big 12. Way to count, stupid. Ten teams in a "12" conference? You're conference athletics and academics suck, morons.

Nebraska and their Blackshirt defense is something you Sooners don't face. Oooo Kansas Jayhawks. Way to rack up stats on a basketball school, losers.

Melvin Gordon is the true record holder. He plays at the school of Ron Dayne, a real running back school, not crappy OU whose never had any legit running backs. Adrian Peterson doesn't count because Vikings suck GO PACK GO haha

Suck it Sooners. Have fun not playing in the Rose Bowl and go to whatever crappy bowls Big 12 goes to toilet bowl or something sh1tty haha losers
    That pretty well encapsulates everything I've seen coming off of Wisky boards the last coupla days.
    "I don't know karate, but I know ka-razor!" - James Brown

vCash

Well....Whisky fans and some OU fans have something in common.....
    Hey... maybe T BOONE can pony up and start a Stilleater newspaper... but the players would probably just use it to roll the weed.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 lexsooner's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by badger View Post

Outstanding! I hope you have a horn fans name like oublows, Soonerssux, or diedirtburglars.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by freshchris05 View Post
    I hope Gordon breaks Sanders record so those fags can put up with poke fans.
    If only to hear the spin when it is pointed out that Sanders did it in 12 games...
    "Always" and "never" are words that should always be used sparingly and never without forethought. You're welcome.