Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member FaninAma's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Perine FBS single game rushing record

Quote Originally Posted by birddog View Post
    Just watched Perines carries and there were many times the ku defenders rolled over. Late in the game a dude had a chance to tackle him but just swiped at the ball instead. Some of those guys should be embarrassed.
    I'm sure all the previous record holders got their yards playing against the college version of the '85 Bears defense.
    Beware the man who would rule you for your own good. He will never cease. He will regulate every aspect of your life, destroy your liberty and enslave you, and sleep well convinced that he has made the world a better place.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by FaninAma View Post
    I'm sure all the previous record holders got their yards playing against the college version of the '85 Bears defense.
    There was an article on TFB that claimed that the KU defense was rated #84 and the Nebraska defense was #83. So both recent records were not against stellar competition. I would guess that KU has faced better offenses, not that it matters.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member birddog's Avatar
    vCash

Yeah I wasn't implying that Perine didn't deserve it. My point was it looked like ku had enough of him and were frightened to get in his way. If you watch his second half carries you'll see what I'm talkin about.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by birddog View Post
    Yeah I wasn't implying that Perine didn't deserve it. My point was it looked like ku had enough of him and were frightened to get in his way. If you watch his second half carries you'll see what I'm talkin about.
    On multiple occasions it looked like they shyed away from trying to tackle him, especially noticeable on the one td play where the guy caught him at an angle, and just pushed him in the back.
    Put a lid on it! Kiss it goodbye. We gave it away, and apparently thought it made sense to do so.

vCash

Roll over or get rolled over!