Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
    Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Re: Official Game Thread: OU versus Kansas

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Smails View Post
    According to everybody, Perine's record doesn't count since it took part of the fourth quarter to achieve it.
    Dang it!

Emma's Daddy! SoonerStormchaser's Avatar
    vCash

Love the amount of Haterade being drank on the comments section of the ESPN announcement. Effers!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

I kinda wish they had left in Perine for another couple carries. He set the OU rushing record for a half with 222 yards in the first half. Would have been funny had he broke the record in the 2nd (had 205).

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Eielson View Post
    I don't think that a dominant offensive line and running attack makes it hard on Thomas to complete passes.

I will admit that RSFr shouldn't be out there, though. Just like with TK last year. It's a tough situation to be put into, and there's plenty of time to prove. Just like TK last year, though, he's an awful passer right now.
    Everyone seems to like him so I'm not calling bust just pointing out with the exception of a single drive against K-State he has been less than impressive.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 aurorasooner's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Mac94 View Post
    speaking of Texas in a bowl ... one rumor is that the SEC is thinking of matching them with Arkansas if the Horns end up in a bowl with an SEC tie in.

Speaking of bowls ... what is it looking like for OU assuming a 9-3 finish?
    Pigs are looking tough against Ole ****. A Texas/Arkie bowl match up would be interesting with the Piggies rushing attack vs the Whorn D. Not to mention that the Pigs dislike the Whorns about as much as Sooner fans and aTm do.
    I don't particular care for the Razorbacks though. They're sort of like Nebraska to me. I'd have to root for the Whorns in that one.......shudder, perhaps an officiating type victory on par with the Sisco, Whoregon, or the K. Stansbury called an EZ non-pick for a tie RRR.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Mookie91 View Post
    Everyone seems to like him so I'm not calling bust just pointing out with the exception of a single drive against K-State he has been less than impressive.
    I agree.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by aurorasooner View Post
    Pigs are looking tough against Ole ****. A Texas/Arkie bowl match up would be interesting with the Piggies rushing attack vs the Whorn D. Not to mention that the Pigs dislike the Whorns about as much as Sooner fans and aTm do.
    I don't particular care for the Razorbacks though. They're sort of like Nebraska to me. I'd have to root for the Whorns in that one.......shudder, perhaps an officiating type victory on par with the Sisco, Whoregon, or the K. Stansbury called an EZ non-pick for a tie RRR.
    Don't insult Nebraska like that. Arkie fans are your stereotypical SEC conference crusaders. Their team hasn't done squat in ages, but as bottom feeders of "the nation's best conference" they are happy as pigs in $h!t.
    The enduring image of Oklahoma was that ridiculous double–middle finger of a game-icing kick. It was probably an accident, which somehow made it more, not less, insulting. It was as though Stoops had partied so hard on the corpse of the SEC that he woke up with an unplanned tattoo.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Mookie91 View Post
    He looks like a RS FR in his 2nd start and both games were tough throwing conditions. Wind last week and drenching rain this week. He hasn't shown anything to get excited about, but way too early to say he won't pan out. It's a very different situation than TK last year because TK won the starting job and practiced with the 1st team in camp. Thomas may not even have been the backup had Baker been cleared and certainly not if Bell had stayed at QB.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Smails View Post
    According to everybody, Perine's record doesn't count since it took part of the fourth quarter to achieve it.
    LOL, that's like Coach Take-a-knee's excuse of a 5 or 10 mile an hour wind. Fitting that he's a talking head for ESecPN/ABC.
    Weak, very weak, so much so, that it's laughable. If this game would've been on one of their networks instead of Fox, their talking heads would've stained their paints to see who would've been the 1st to report it. He probably won't even get a helmet sticker.

Allegedly Pokish
    vCash

Perine's record breaker announced as breaking news on Fox Sports crawler during Cal vs. Stanford out here

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Eielson View Post
    I've always felt like Ford was the best RB we had when healthy, but I think I might have been wrong.
    Ford did NOT look like himself today. He looked more like Kejuan Jones. And I can't believe he dropped it TWICE.

Perine right now is definitely our best back. Ford pre-injury would be right there with him, but right now something's wrong.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerMarkVA View Post
    Ford did NOT look like himself today. He looked more like Kejuan Jones. And I can't believe he dropped it TWICE.

Perine right now is definitely our best back. Ford pre-injury would be right there with him, but right now something's wrong.
    Agree 100%. Probably best to just sit him in favor of Perine and Ross right now. He may be back to normal for OSU in a couple of weeks or our weedeater bowl, though.
    Hopefully our offensive brain pans will be busy in the next couple of weeks putting more than 2 running plays in the playbook, the delayed hand-off/ 1/2 of a read option, and the stretch play.
    It would be nice to have both Ford (or Ross) in the backfield at the same time with Perine since we're getting very little production from our WRs. CT is so wide open on those fakes, that if he actually had a back to option with a quick pitch, it would not only open the middle up some for Perine, but either of the other 2 might break Perine's rushing record against Stool State.

Sooner Rookie
    vCash

Went to the game today and sat through it with my boys. Was worth every miserable minute. We were soaked from head to toe. To see Perine CRUSH the record was amazing. My boys who are 10 will be able to say they were at the game! Worth every penny.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by soonergirlNeugene View Post
    Don't insult Nebraska like that. Arkie fans are your stereotypical SEC conference crusaders. Their team hasn't done squat in ages, but as bottom feeders of "the nation's best conference" they are happy as pigs in $h!t.
    Because they are pigs in $h!t.
    Ukraine: Not Our Fight.

More epicycles!

vCash

Haven't much liked the Corn since "the Slash" was their coach, not to mention the way they handled, some say covered-up, that Ruf-Nek sideline mugging.
    I do wish Jerry would send that hillbilly Callihan packing. I try to like the Cowboys as my no 2 team since Sammy's not playing again this year and DM is one of my favs, but I would like them much better if Clownahan wasn't there.
    Pretty good day with the Sooners winning, as well as the Black Skirts and ND losing. Now if Stool State could somehow miraculously beat Baylor at their place with a 3rd string QB...........Baylor up 21-7, about 7 min left to the half, but the aggies just threw another pick. Seems that the Heupel disease has infected the Pokes OC. Now 28-7