Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Re: Josh gets paid 605,000 dollars this year

Quote Originally Posted by Eielson View Post
    I understand the hate for Heupel, and I'm not his biggest fan.

However, I'm not sure why we're complaining today. We played in such awful conditions that the opposing team could barely get first downs. We were also missing our starting QB as well as our best player. Missing those two guys absolutely crippled our pass offense, yet we still scored 41 points, and could have easily been in the 50's had we not let up in the fourth quarter.

I'll save my complaints for another day.
    We have three losses in nov, and we won without our qb and best player, we might have even played better without them because it makes josh not spike himself with the play calling. I think it puts things in greater perspective...

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Eielson View Post
    I understand the hate for Heupel, and I'm not his biggest fan.

However, I'm not sure why we're complaining today. We played in such awful conditions that the opposing team could barely get first downs. We were also missing our starting QB as well as our best player. Missing those two guys absolutely crippled our pass offense, yet we still scored 41 points, and could have easily been in the 50's had we not let up in the fourth quarter.

I'll save my complaints for another day.
    What the h.ell kind of attitude is that ? That gratitude crap will only serve to control your stress and lower your blood pressure, so be careful.

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

17th ranked offense, 55th ranked defense so yeah let's fire Heupel

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

It doesn't matter what you game plan or scheme if the players on the field don't execute. It wasn't JH's fault when Hunnicut got snake bit and left 9 points on the field, not his fault Sterling pulled a groin muscle and that Trevor went down. The only thing Josh did, not so much lately, was the old Mangino "treat first down like it's a throwaway down".

The Pukes pay their OC $400K per year and he is in so far over his head they are going to have to pipe air to him or run him off.

I hate this business of fans discussing salaries like they are paying it out of their own pocket. Bottom line is that the OC is Bob's decision and it is too bad that the last QB to deliver a National Championship is being talked about like he is a doofus by a bunch of arm chair QBs.
    There's Only ONE Oklahoma!

vCash

Recognizing full well this is a message/opinion board...reading this thread
    there are minimum 5, maybe 6 candidates to replace Josh...at least in their
    own minds.....

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by rock on sooner View Post
    Recognizing full well this is a message/opinion board...reading this thread
    there are minimum 5, maybe 6 candidates to replace Josh...at least in their
    own minds.....
    I wouldn't take Josh's job even though $605k is way more than I'm currently paid. At least people don't hate me for going to work everyday at my 99 percenter job, so I'll stick with that.

But yeah, I would be an OC upgrade.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner79 View Post
    I wouldn't take Josh's job even though $605k is way more than I'm currently paid. At least people don't hate me for going to work everyday at my 99 percenter job, so I'll stick with that.

But yeah, I would be an OC upgrade.
    Heh, ifn yer sayin..Perine left, Perine right, Perine up the middle
    and give 'im a breather with Ross, Brooks or Smith fer a series..
    then CT with a flat pass (assuming the weather is dry), then, Okay,
    you got the job....btw...Ford is a slot receiver as a decoy, til he can
    show he can hold on to the ball....mebbe do an end around or have
    Bell take a direct snap....hmmmm, I'll do that fer $400K, since I'm
    retired, I take it all back, yer fired! Afore yew can start! Bob, are
    yew listenin'(readin")...Oh My?! Hold it, my beer is empty and the
    Broncos are losin'...be right back!

vCash

Okay, I'm back...fresh beer, Broncos are up and scored again..all is good!!

Administrator
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by ObiKaTony View Post
    I think I'll blame josh more now since we have a stud back there who is crushing peterson's records and we still tried to run that BS offense for the first half of the season. It seemed like every damn play was to Shepard and pin point pass plays (not exactly knights strong suit as the article articulates)

Ever since you told me I don't know football while seeing more of your comments, I feel better about my knowledge daily. There is no doubt josh doesn't know what he has even at half time in some games. I'm actually surprised he didn't come out fun and gun this game...
    I'm happy that you've convinced yourself you know the game. It's very apparent to me that you do not. Please, point out any of my comments that show my lack of knowledge. Based on what you've posted here, I feel very comfortable saying my knowledge of the game exceeds yours by light years. You should probably stick to watching the games and pretending you know what's going on.

Administrator
    vCash

Are you beyond not being politically correct? I'm not trying to be argumentative, but even when placing blame you give a speech like a politician (and this is football) of course every player, coach, and hell you can throw in fans have blame or credit for a game, but looking in the prism of totality with regards to this season there is no doubt josh is not cutting it, and he sure as hell shouldn't be getting a top paying salary for coordinators. So please, do us all a favor and be more real, this isn't a college classroom where a number 2 pencil would be offended if someone else had a number 1 pencil.
    So, tell me exactly what Heupel has done so badly. Avoid the "he's a bad play caller", or "he didn't use the right offense" generalizations. I want tangible proof that he's a bad coordinator. Take your time, I'll wait.

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by 8timechamps View Post
    So, tell me exactly what Heupel has done so badly. Avoid the "he's a bad play caller", or "he didn't use the right offense" generalizations. I want tangible proof that he's a bad coordinator. Take your time, I'll wait.
    Refer to the article and his 'promotion to leave' at the end of the year dude...it will be a couple more months so glad you are patient...

Administrator
    vCash

Refer to the article and his 'promotion to leave' at the end of the year dude...it will be a couple more months so glad you are patient...
    I read the article, and I still don't see anything that says he's leaving. In fact, it says the opposite:

Josh Heupel is a problem that isn’t going away. I say that because of Stoops’ reluctance to fire coordinators in the past. Also because Heupel’s salary of $605,000 this season places him among the highest paid coordinators in the country. But rest assured, until Heupel is out of Norman, Oklahoma’s offense will lack the consistency and continuity that it takes to win at the highest level.

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Refer to the article, as he makes my points for me. He will be gone because stoops
    Won't see his aptitude at being offensive coordinator as you do. He will leave, but you will say because he got a promotion not taking any integrity hit...

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

You did the same thing with Venebles...

Administrator
    vCash

You did the same thing with Venebles...
    Yeah, and how's Mike working out? We have had a horrible defense for the majority of the year.

Administrator
    vCash

Refer to the article, as he makes my points for me. He will be gone because stoops
    Won't see his aptitude at being offensive coordinator as you do. He will leave, but you will say because he got a promotion not taking any integrity hit...
    I'm not talking about arbitrary statements. I want you to tell me, exactly, what Heupel has done that makes him a horrible OC. If he's gone at the end of the year, then I will suspect it's because Stoops told him it was time to move on. If he's not, which he won't be, then I will assume I was right...and you'll continue to profess that anyone that doesn't agree with you has a low football IQ.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member FaninAma's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by 8timechamps View Post
    He had some pretty weak calls on crucial 3rd and 4th downs in both the TCU and KSU games. Overall I would give him a B- for the year.
    Beware the man who would rule you for your own good. He will never cease. He will regulate every aspect of your life, destroy your liberty and enslave you, and sleep well convinced that he has made the world a better place.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 PalmBeachSooner's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Jason White's Third Knee View Post
    The article sums up my thoughts. I don't know why Heupel calls the way he does. I hate to think that he is incompetent. Is it that someone tossed him the keys to an Indy car when he has only been in the pit crew up to now?
    It worked for Ricky Bobby.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by PalmBeachSooner View Post
    It worked for Ricky Bobby.
    You lost your job. You lost your wife. Don't lose your best friend.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerjeepman's Avatar
    vCash

If you're not first, your last....
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!