Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Josh gets paid 605,000 dollars this year

can we all agree he should be making a dollar above minimum wage? I couldn't believe he made that much...great article about why his pay is outrageous for the output.

http://stormininnorman.com/2014/11/2...eupel-problem/

Sooner Starter
    vCash

Re: Josh gets paid 605,000 dollars this year

....how much talent does it take to say' hand-off to Perine' or 'throw it to Shepard' ? Not sure it's $600,000+ worth

ss
    "You can trouble me for a warm glass of shut-the-hell-up"

vCash

We don't release salary numbers, but my guess is that we pay OC Montgomery no more than $450k. I may be wrong, but that's just a guess.

I'd say OU is paying for a lemon.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Jason White's Third Knee's Avatar
    [loh-key-shuhn] noun-a place of settlement, activity, or residence: This town is a good location.
    vCash
    The article sums up my thoughts. I don't know why Heupel calls the way he does. I hate to think that he is incompetent. Is it that someone tossed him the keys to an Indy car when he has only been in the pit crew up to now?
    I'm working up a Rondo thirst.
    Posted from iOS app

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

We have the wrong horse behind center.....
    Hey... maybe T BOONE can pony up and start a Stilleater newspaper... but the players would probably just use it to roll the weed.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Judge Smails's Avatar
    vCash

I think he also has a lucrative endorsement deal with Golden Corral.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Therealsouthsider View Post
    ....how much talent does it take to say' hand-off to Perine'
    But he doesn't even do THAT! Everyone and their dog were screaming those instructions at the TV during the first half last week. FINALLY he figured it out and started saying it in the second half.

Yes I know it won't work all the time, but against the 100th rated defense vs the run, (or whatever rank they were)...duh!!

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

I think what bothers me about Heupel is that he's so schizophrenic. One minute he seems brilliant, and the next he gets in a horrible play-calling rut. That and there are moments like mentioned in the article, where what he does is baffling. Passing against a terrible run team. Passing against a top pass defense. Running up the middle when everyone in the universe sees it coming.

I get the sense that his inexperience is causing him to overthink things (a problem on defense, IMO, as well), and that it hinders him because he has to "learn on the job". That's frustrating because we really shouldn't be testing out offensive coordinators here at OU. We should have guys that know what they're doing.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Temujin View Post
    I think what bothers me about Heupel is that he's so schizophrenic. One minute he seems brilliant, and the next he gets in a horrible play-calling rut. That and there are moments like mentioned in the article, where what he does is baffling. Passing against a terrible run team. Passing against a top pass defense. Running up the middle when everyone in the universe sees it coming.

I get the sense that his inexperience is causing him to overthink things (a problem on defense, IMO, as well), and that it hinders him because he has to "learn on the job". That's frustrating because we really shouldn't be testing out offensive coordinators here at OU. We should have guys that know what they're doing.
    I think it has less to do with him being in a "rut" than it does with him being outschemed on the other side. The problem is that too many defensive coordinators have gotten the better of him.
    The enduring image of Oklahoma was that ridiculous double–middle finger of a game-icing kick. It was probably an accident, which somehow made it more, not less, insulting. It was as though Stoops had partied so hard on the corpse of the SEC that he woke up with an unplanned tattoo.

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Unfortunately Monday Morning QBs fail to understand that against good teams players have to make plays. This Sooner team has had a ton of mistakes by players this year.

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Ask Tim tebow to be a drop back passer Scheme matters, josh doesn't have a clue

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by ObiKaTony View Post
    Ask Tim tebow to be a drop back passer Scheme matters, josh doesn't have a clue
    So next year when we have a smaller inexperienced line we run the option? Like it or not in the college game now you need balance and Heupel tries that. The offense is scoring 35+ in every game even with Knight's inconsistencies and Thomas' non-existence. If the team was scoring 24 points a game this would be on Josh but it's not.

If you guys really want to place blame on the coaches, it's recruiting because the guys they put in the field aren't getting it done.

Administrator
    vCash

I have no problems with Heupel.

He's the "easy" target when things go bad, but he's not been nearly as bad as some think. Offense wasn't the problem in the TCU/KSU games, and if you want to blame him for the Baylor loss, that's fine, but that blame falls on every coach/player on the team.

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Mookie91 View Post
    So next year when we have a smaller inexperienced line we run the option? Like it or not in the college game now you need balance and Heupel tries that. The offense is scoring 35+ in every game even with Knight's inconsistencies and Thomas' non-existence. If the team was scoring 24 points a game this would be on Josh but it's not.

If you guys really want to place blame on the coaches, it's recruiting because the guys they put in the field aren't getting it done.

Well I fundamentally disagree with you and I'll let the article and Josh's resignation in jan or feb do the talking...

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by 8timechamps View Post

He's the "easy" target when things go bad, but he's not been nearly as bad as some think. Offense wasn't the problem in the TCU/KSU games, and if you want to blame him for the Baylor loss, that's fine, but that blame falls on every coach/player on the team.

I think I'll blame josh more now since we have a stud back there who is crushing peterson's records and we still tried to run that BS offense for the first half of the season. It seemed like every damn play was to Shepard and pin point pass plays (not exactly knights strong suit as the article articulates)

Ever since you told me I don't know football while seeing more of your comments, I feel better about my knowledge daily. There is no doubt josh doesn't know what he has even at half time in some games. I'm actually surprised he didn't come out fun and gun this game...

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by 8timechamps View Post

Are you beyond not being politically correct? I'm not trying to be argumentative, but even when placing blame you give a speech like a politician (and this is football) of course every player, coach, and hell you can throw in fans have blame or credit for a game, but looking in the prism of totality with regards to this season there is no doubt josh is not cutting it, and he sure as hell shouldn't be getting a top paying salary for coordinators. So please, do us all a favor and be more real, this isn't a college classroom where a number 2 pencil would be offended if someone else had a number 1 pencil.

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Temujin View Post

Yes, yes, yes...

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 OU Adonis's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Mookie91 View Post

Balance is overrated. Look at the SEC and NC's of late. Do you think they are balanced Os?
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanley1
    Middle age is when high school chicks stop checking you out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Melo
    Ones that big disgust me.
    http://www.myspace.com/ou_adonis

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by OU Adonis View Post
    Balance is overrated. Look at the SEC and NC's of late. Do you think they are balanced Os?
    Totally agree:

You play with what talent and skill sets you have on offense. Making knight a drop back passer with this line and stable of running backs was wrong, we all know it was now. He is the evaluator of talent, he failed, he makes 605k a year a OU. Cut his pay or make him go someplace else.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

I understand the hate for Heupel, and I'm not his biggest fan.

However, I'm not sure why we're complaining today. We played in such awful conditions that the opposing team could barely get first downs. We were also missing our starting QB as well as our best player. Missing those two guys absolutely crippled our pass offense, yet we still scored 41 points, and could have easily been in the 50's had we not let up in the fourth quarter.

I'll save my complaints for another day.