Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Re: ***Coaching changes thread 2014-15 edition***

Quote Originally Posted by swardboy View Post
    Bishop Gorman H.S....isn't that Demarco's alma mater?
    Yup, Ryan Reynolds, too....David Humm...back in the day....

SoonerFans.com Elite Member swardboy's Avatar
    vCash

Wisconsin coach bolts to Oregon State...http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-...224833543.html

Kind of surprising given a 19-7 record, but I guess getting whipped 59-0 in the conference championship game gives one reason to ponder....
    "I'm going to request that you stop posting in this thread." - circa 2008
    "Why does there have to be so much immature stuff on here?" - circa 2010

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Jacie's Avatar
    vCash

Now let me get this straight, a team in the B1G, Nebraska, hires the Oregon State coach after a spectacular 7-win season. Then a Pac 12 team, Oregon State, hires the coach from Wisconsin after a spectacular 59-0 beatdown in the B1G Championship game.

So what happens next? Does Pelini go to Wisconsin?

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SoonerorLater's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by swardboy View Post
    Wisconsin coach bolts to Oregon State...http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-...224833543.html

Kind of surprising given a 19-7 record, but I guess getting whipped 59-0 in the conference championship game gives one reason to ponder....
    And the net recipient of this is.........................Ohio St. This whole system is a scam. Hard to believe the old BCS is actually starting to look good.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Jacie View Post
    Now let me get this straight, a team in the B1G, Nebraska, hires the Oregon State coach after a spectacular 7-win season. Then a Pac 12 team, Oregon State, hires the coach from Wisconsin after a spectacular 59-0 beatdown in the B1G Championship game.

So what happens next? Does Pelini go to Wisconsin?
    Pelini comes to OU to help out Mike. Perhaps Leavitt and Venables, too. We also bring back Mangina to coach the offense.

Quote Originally Posted by Eielson View Post
    Pelini comes to OU to help out Mike. Perhaps Leavitt and Venables, too. We also bring back Mangina to coach the offense.
    Shhhhhhh. The grownups are talking. Go back to your coloring book.

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

I'll update the master list and add another school the openings

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Sooner in Tampa's Avatar
    vCash

Why oh why would Leavitt go back to the college ranks? And as a position coach nonetheless...don't get me wrong, I would Leavitt to be our LB coach next year...

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Beanbag View Post
    Six stitches is a pretty decent sized gash.
    Quote Originally Posted by OUthunder View Post
    To hell with Nebraska...they are overrated and irrelevant.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Sooner in Tampa View Post
    Why oh why would Leavitt go back to the college ranks? And as a position coach nonetheless...don't get me wrong, I would Leavitt to be our LB coach next year...
    I was joking. Everytime we struggle at a position, we call for one of our old coaches back, and the last thing we need is another "Youngstown boy." I know Leavitt isn't actually from Youngstown, and hasn't actually coached at OU, but he's cut from the same cloth, and would be the same kind of hire.

vCash

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Sooner in Tampa's Avatar
    vCash

I was joking. Everytime we struggle at a position, we call for one of our old coaches back, and the last thing we need is another "Youngstown boy." I know Leavitt isn't actually from Youngstown, and hasn't actually coached at OU, but he's cut from the same cloth, and would be the same kind of hire.
    IDK, Leavitt got a VERY raw deal from USF (and the program has suffered ever since) and not many can argue with the LB play of the 49ers...so, yeah, I would take him in a minute.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Beanbag View Post
    Six stitches is a pretty decent sized gash.
    Quote Originally Posted by OUthunder View Post
    To hell with Nebraska...they are overrated and irrelevant.

vCash

Leavitt is a great coach, USF messed up, and I certainly wouldn't be mad if he came here, but we really need somebody to come in that doesn't have direct ties with Bob, and Leavitt was co-DC with him at K-State. Like I said, it's just more of what we already have.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

And having lived in both, the Bay Area >>>>> Norman/OKC.

vCash

GUYS! I WAS KIDDING!

I'm amused that you guys completely ignored the part about bringing back Pelini and Mangina, though.

IDK, Leavitt got a VERY raw deal from USF (and the program has suffered ever since) and not many can argue with the LB play of the 49ers...so, yeah, I would take him in a minute.
    If by "raw deal" you mean fired for trying to cover up a locker room incident for about a month, you are correct. lol

But the guy can absolutely coach.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHumanAlphabet View Post
    Boren has become a PC babbling idiot and a megalomaniac leader. All he wants is a place in history and memories like Cross. After what he did to The Pride, I will not support him or donate to the University until he leaves.

vCash

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...ch-paul-chryst

Wisconsin grabs Pitt's coach. I was confused by the hire at first, as he finished all three regular seasons at 6-6.

However, he was Wisconsin's OC from 2005-2011, and played QB there in the late 80's.

vCash

Pitt may be a worse place than Wisconsin... they proudly proclaim more national championships than Bama claims, yet they can't compete in their new conference, nor hold onto a coach (Todd Graham stayed one season at Pitt after he left Tulsa, then went to Arizona State immediately).

Why is Wisconsin a revolving door? It probably doesn't help that Barry Alvarez can't let coaching go (he's always the interim bowl coach whenever they lose a head coach, isn't he)

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by badger View Post
    Pitt may be a worse place than Wisconsin... they proudly proclaim more national championships than Bama claims, yet they can't compete in their new conference, nor hold onto a coach (Todd Graham stayed one season at Pitt after he left Tulsa, then went to Arizona State immediately).

Why is Wisconsin a revolving door? It probably doesn't help that Barry Alvarez can't let coaching go (he's always the interim bowl coach whenever they lose a head coach, isn't he)
    Yeah, it's odd. Wisconsin is one of the top 5 or so schools when it comes to revenue, and they're not bad at football. They're not elite, but they're better than Arky and Nike lite.

Is Alvarez seriously still the interim coach? I knew he said he would, but that was before he hired a coach. There are definitely some issues there if he doesn't step aside.

Sooner Starter
    vCash

And Alvarez is on the playoff committee!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by tycat947 View Post
    And Alvarez is on the playoff committee!
    Ah geez, that's great. Want to take any guesses as to if he had tOSU over TCU and Baylor? Oliver Luck better be a homer for us.