Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerjeepman's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Breaking down the OU offensive calls in first half.

Quote Originally Posted by rock on sooner View Post
    Jeep, if I were to guess, I'd guess the difference was the defense was
    getting tired of trying to tackle a 243# runner, following a 248# blocker.
    As the 2nd half progressed, one could see the hesitations before taking
    on Perine and, to a certain extent, Ross and Ford, too. Tech's defense
    late in the game reminded me of the gassed LSU run defense in the 03
    Sugar Bowl....you know the one, where Long called 4 pass plays with an
    injured QB and 1st and goal, after we'd run the ball down their throats.
    lol...yes I do...I was there. I was SCREAMING RUN THE FRICKIN BALL!!!!! lol

and yes, you're probably right...about 2nd half
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by yankee View Post
    You can break it down all you want, but asking a Freshman QB making his first career start that is also on the road to attempt 17 passes in one half? While we only run it 18 times in said half? In that West Texas wind against that awful run defense? Nah. Heupel did a good job in the 2nd half, but asked way too much of Thomas in the first.

Props to Cody for not backing down and being mentally tough.
    That is awesome, and on point. While I applaud the effort of the post it is all for not. It's like saying 'we cut the budget!' yeah, but didn't you oversee 9 trillion more in debt? Josh was forced to run the ball, he wins despite himself, and we won't sniff a championship with him running the offensive show. I don't know what the hell we are on offense with a supposed great o-line. Tired of the excuses, get rid of him, as anyone who disagrees needs to get their football IQ checked. He is gone after this year...

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Tear Down This Wall's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Tear Down This Wall View Post
    It was stupid. Two consecutive possession without Perrine after he ran for 20 yards in the first possession is stupid.

I'm not sure how they expect any back to establish a rhythm jerking them around the way they do with their crappy game plans.

Perine is a signature back, like the kid up at Wisconsin.

Texas Tech is former Southwest Conference dog vomit and should be run into the ground at will. Way too many passes thrown in the first half against that sh*t bag of an excuse for a football program.

And, that smug dufus Kingsbury...if you only lived down here in Texas and endured all of the fawning they did over him at the beginning of last season. So stupid. He's a fraud coach who doesn't understand football also includes defense and special teams.
    "General Secretary Gorbachev, if you seek peace, if you seek prosperity for the Soviet Union and Eastern Europe, if you seek liberalization: Come here to this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, open this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!"
    President Ronald Reagan at the Berlin Wall, June 12, 1987

Administrator
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by ObiKaTony View Post
    That is awesome, and on point. While I applaud the effort of the post it is all for not. It's like saying 'we cut the budget!' yeah, but didn't you oversee 9 trillion more in debt? Josh was forced to run the ball, he wins despite himself, and we won't sniff a championship with him running the offensive show. I don't know what the hell we are on offense with a supposed great o-line. Tired of the excuses, get rid of him, as anyone who disagrees needs to get their football IQ checked. He is gone after this year...
    Have you called Bob and informed him of that? He clearly has no clue what he's doing...

vCash

Ford started the game and had more carries than Perine in the first quarter.

So, even after his big day last week, the idiots of this coaching staff were still convinced that Ford was their starter.

You really do have to wonder whether or not they understand - even now - what they have in Perine. I still doubt that they do. If any of them had a lick of sense, Perine would have rushed for 2,000 this season.

Billy Sims was right in his assessment of Perine earlier in the year - he's like Earl Campbell. So, what do we do with our Earl Campbell-like back with this set of coaches? We start other players in front of him, and rotate him in.
    "General Secretary Gorbachev, if you seek peace, if you seek prosperity for the Soviet Union and Eastern Europe, if you seek liberalization: Come here to this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, open this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!"

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerjeepman's Avatar
    vCash

Ford started the game and had more carries than Perine in the first quarter.

So, even after his big day last week, the idiots of this coaching staff were still convinced that Ford was their starter.

You really do have to wonder whether or not they understand - even now - what they have in Perine. I still doubt that they do. If any of them had a lick of sense, Perine would have rushed for 2,000 this season.

Billy Sims was right in his assessment of Perine earlier in the year - he's like Earl Campbell. So, what do we do with our Earl Campbell-like back with this set of coaches? We start other players in front of him, and rotate him in.
    well, we'll see for the osu game..who starts. IF Ford starts over Pernine...wow...just wow.
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

I was absolutely shocked when Ford return the next series after fumbling. I've been critical of the coaches for over punishing a player for fumbling as he often disappears for many games. Now I have to reverse that because I do think he should sit at least for a few series. But I'll look on the bright side because if Ford didn't have fumblitis, then Perine probably doesn't set the record because there would have been more rotation. And now I'll bet real money that Perine starts against OSU.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner79 View Post
    I was absolutely shocked when Ford return the next series after fumbling. I've been critical of the coaches for over punishing a player for fumbling as he often disappears for many games. Now I have to reverse that because I do think he should sit at least for a few series. But I'll look on the bright side because if Ford didn't have fumblitis, then Perine probably doesn't set the record because there would have been more rotation. And now I'll bet real money that Perine starts against OSU.
    Pretty crazy that it took that to get the ball into Perine's hand more often, eh? Wonder what it is the coaches have missed in Perine to make them believe he is not a starter.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Pretty crazy that it took that to get the ball into Perine's hand more often, eh? Wonder what it is the coaches have missed in Perine to make them believe he is not a starter.
    Perine would have still dominated and gotten the most carries. He just may not have gotten records out of it. I think the coaches really wanted to get Ford some carries to get him back up to game speed. I can't imagine he would have gotten more than 10-12 carries w/o the fumbles. It will be interesting to see if Ford sees the field against OSU. I actually hope he does, but as the 2nd back with 8-10 touches. Perine should get his 25.

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by 8timechamps View Post
    Have you called Bob and informed him of that? He clearly has no clue what he's doing...
    No need to call Bob, doesn't take a dentist to decipher whether or not a tooth is missing. This analogy is so lame, you are not a coach! How can you even comment or have an opinion! I guess that means you have to be a politician to make a judgment on another politician? Not everyone lives in your PC world 8time, I've seen your posts for years and perhaps you should run for an elected office, you are an expert at circular logic.

To your point specifically, I don't have to, josh will be gone in a couple months, and you will sit here and say 'he got a better job' making less money...
    Last edited by ObiKaTony; 11/27/2014 at 04:36 PM.

Administrator
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by ObiKaTony View Post
    No need to call Bob, doesn't take a dentist to decipher whether or not a tooth is missing. This analogy is so lame, you are not a coach! How can you even comment or have an opinion! I guess that means you have to be a politician to make a judgment on another politician? Not everyone lives in your PC world 8time, I've seen your posts for years and perhaps you should run for an elected office, you are an expert at circular logic.

To your point specifically, I don't have to, josh will be gone in a couple months, and you will sit here and say 'he got a better job' making less money...
    You don't know **** about me. For the third time, please find any of my posts over the past 15 years that are so circular in logic. I'm still waiting. You are a fly by poster, only show your face when you have something to bitch about, and seek other's approval. You crowed and crowed about how BV was horrible and Mike would save us. You can't even admit that you were clueless. Our defense has been the worst part of our team this year, yet you continue to act like you have all the answers. I've tried to have debates with you, but you take everything so damn personal and immediate start with the "idiot" name calling and pretend to know what I'm all about, or what I do and do not know. If you can have a debate without acting like my kids when they were toddlers, then I'm game. Otherwise, take it elsewhere.