SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerjeepman's Avatar
    vCash

The Good, Bad and Ugly...

Good - OU won, ran the ball well (in the 2nd half for sure wonder what took so long to figure that out~) Thomas looked okay...couple of bad throws, but overall ran the offense well. * under center vs shotgun, GREAT "fake" handoffs, really hid the ball well.

Bad - off 1st half, Secondary..just wow..., letting tt score 30 on us.

Ugly - the one TD where our 2 DB actually RAN into each other...lol, and giving up TD's that THANK Goodness, got called back due to an offensive penalty by TT...

Oh, one more ugly....the "gameday thread" that actually became the meltdown thread, and yes I was a part of it. BUT in our defense...that first half was so fickin ugly. Talk about 2 complete opposite halves, offensively.
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Re: The Good, Bad and Ugly...

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerjeepman View Post
    Good - OU won...
    Thank-you, I was wondering if anyone was going to say that. Yes, TT is crap but they've scored points on most teams and we were going there with a FR first time starter with little experience and missing our best player in Shepard. We really were playing with 1 hand tied behind our backs. And that's on top of the team having questionable motivation after last week. I think most the meltdown threads were really just aimed at whole season.

vCash

Holy Hell
    I love Ya both But Pay Tention ? Ok?
    We couldn't get the RUN game going early because, the O Line committed Penalties!. So we were BEHIND The sticks!Shat aint hard is it?

We had a Freshman QB
    Aw screw it we OU and we will WIN
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

I was just pointing out that every effin' thread and post were griping as if the team lost. No one seemed to mention that OUr guys actually won the game and going away at that. Had we been undefeated everyone would be saying whew! a win is a win and we got out alive.

You're totally right about the OL holding calls on RUN PLAYS. They killed 2 series early and got us out to a slow start.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 dwarthog's Avatar
    vCash

Getting out of that place with a win at any time is always a good thing.

Could've done without the coming from behind part, but it was fun to see the run game kick into full speed and dominate. If we can get the secondary shored up, the future may not be all doom and gloom as some folks around here are predicting.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SoonerorLater's Avatar
    vCash

Hey a win is always good. Central Arkansas and UTEP weren't so fortunate.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerjeepman's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by olevetonahill View Post
    Holy Hell
    I love Ya both But Pay Tention ? Ok?
    We couldn't get the RUN game going early because, the O Line committed Penalties!. So we were BEHIND The sticks!Shat aint hard is it?

We had a Freshman QB
    Aw screw it we OU and we will WIN
    lol..lov ya too...ya old bastardd....yes/no. The first drive..play 1 - pass incomplete, next 2 plays runs of 10 yards each...then we started throwing.

2nd half, out of 22 plays early 20 were runs. We committed to running.

* I will add, my frustration is with the coaches. Yes, players play and make mistakes, coaches coach and make mistakes...but I put more issue with coaches than players.
    Last edited by Soonerjeepman; 11/17/2014 at 10:33 AM.
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!