Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Re: "You didn't build it"

Boy, you people on this board have no integrity what so ever. This thread and a couple of others that are going on right now clearly show that. You all have a double standard of behavior, you cannot stick to your base "principals" that is supposedly so important to do - claiming that is what makes you different from democrats. In these threads having a private sector job is null and void while not a word is spoken about a government employee taking a ton of time at work to post on here. I was mocked and made fun of because of my job title, but when a conservative has the same damn title - silence. romneys vampire capitalism is applauded while al gore getting rich by investing and building something is mocked and somehow he is a hypocrite for getting himself rich. In one sentence you say illegals are low wage earners and aren't paying any taxes when it's pointed out that your party is complaining that poor people aren't paying any taxes, suddenly those illegals have good jobs making good money. Which is it? You make up slurs about liberals and dems, then whine about me calling you lemmings. You even still whine about bill clinton getting a blow job - lying cheating husband, but silence when i point out so was mccain. Look at the article i posted in the thread calling jeep out - the speaker of the house in the state of kansas laying blame on the states fiscal condition on the previous democratic governor, actually two governors previous, that was 6 years ago - never mind republicans had HUGE OVERWHELMING MAJORITIES in both chambers - but you cant BLAME BUSH. I laugh at how you are jumping through hoops to claim what reagan did and obama MIGHT do on immigration is totally and complety different and obama is a king with edicts, while reagan was not.

You ask me questions, demanding, pleading with me to answer them, when I do it is ignored and others on the board have to straighten you out with the truth.

You keep asking me why I'm on here - I have said it before - but I'll say it again. It is to keep people like you from believing and spreading lies and living in your own alternate universe that is spoon fed to you by the rightwingnut media.

I would ask why are you on here - but I know. To feel better about yourselves and reinforce your own beliefs, you don't want the truth or any discussion. You just want to circle jerk about how terrible the commie liberal democrats are, all while ignoring the guy you voted for twice did more damage to the country that anything a Democratic president has or ever will do.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BigTip View Post
    I disagree. He made the statement to show that we were close to having more takers than givers. This is unsustainable and something has to change. Hopefully the next election will change things. I doubt it though.
    so grandma, combat vets and retired vets should stop being takers?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by yermom View Post
    so grandma, combat vets and retired vets should stop being takers?
    That is not the point. It does not matter who the benefits are going to if the input to the system is less than the output. It doesn't matter how bonafide the reason for the government check is. Unsustainable. It's not just a word.

vCash

It's called killing the golden goose.

A micro example: A small business works hard to survive. Taxes keep increasing. Finally, the business has to close because they no longer make enough profit to pay those taxes. The business owner now needs public assistance to survive. A giver has been turned into a taker. Eventually there are not enough givers to provide for the takers. It is so simple.

And it doesn't matter how much someone jumps up and down screaming, "But they DESERVE the assistance!" It is simple, undeniable, mathematically able to be proven, economics.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Sooner in Tampa's Avatar
    vCash

that might have been who he wanted you to think he was talking about, but the 47% number refers to people that don't pay taxes, and that is one group that is included, just like lots of retired people.

it was a stupid comment, and he should have been blasted for it.
    First off, I agree, it was a stupid comment.

But, the truth about a statement like that is that the meaning behind it depends on who you are delivering said statement to...and if anyone thinks for a minute that he was referring to "grandma, combat & retired vets" they are just kidding themselves and trying to make the statement even worse. Romney or any other Pub ain't worrying about the vets or grandma because most of them are voting for a Pub anyway...so you can think what you would like about the intended target of said comment

Your perception is your reality...

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Beanbag View Post
    Six stitches is a pretty decent sized gash.
    Quote Originally Posted by OUthunder View Post
    To hell with Nebraska...they are overrated and irrelevant.

vCash

the fact is, he used the 47% number because it sounds large to try and garner support for austerity. the fact is he was talking about a lot of voters...

he's an out of touch rich guy that didn't know how to connect with the voters he actually needed to sway. hopefully the next guy is just as inept

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerjeepman's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Sooner8th View Post
    Boy, you people on this board have no integrity what so ever. This thread and a couple of others that are going on right now clearly show that. You all have a double standard of behavior, you cannot stick to your base "principals" that is supposedly so important to do - claiming that is what makes you different from democrats. In these threads having a private sector job is null and void while not a word is spoken about a government employee taking a ton of time at work to post on here. I was mocked and made fun of because of my job title, but when a conservative has the same damn title - silence. romneys vampire capitalism is applauded while al gore getting rich by investing and building something is mocked and somehow he is a hypocrite for getting himself rich. In one sentence you say illegals are low wage earners and aren't paying any taxes when it's pointed out that your party is complaining that poor people aren't paying any taxes, suddenly those illegals have good jobs making good money. Which is it? You make up slurs about liberals and dems, then whine about me calling you lemmings. You even still whine about bill clinton getting a blow job - lying cheating husband, but silence when i point out so was mccain. Look at the article i posted in the thread calling jeep out - the speaker of the house in the state of kansas laying blame on the states fiscal condition on the previous democratic governor, actually two governors previous, that was 6 years ago - never mind republicans had HUGE OVERWHELMING MAJORITIES in both chambers - but you cant BLAME BUSH. I laugh at how you are jumping through hoops to claim what reagan did and obama MIGHT do on immigration is totally and complety different and obama is a king with edicts, while reagan was not.

You ask me questions, demanding, pleading with me to answer them, when I do it is ignored and others on the board have to straighten you out with the truth.

You keep asking me why I'm on here - I have said it before - but I'll say it again. It is to keep people like you from believing and spreading lies and living in your own alternate universe that is spoon fed to you by the rightwingnut media.

I would ask why are you on here - but I know. To feel better about yourselves and reinforce your own beliefs, you don't want the truth or any discussion. You just want to circle jerk about how terrible the commie liberal democrats are, all while ignoring the guy you voted for twice did more damage to the country that anything a Democratic president has or ever will do.
    Since your keeping track...I'm on my 25 minute lunch. Second part...I never said I was 100% behind brownback, but he's better in my opinion that the other choice....same with Roberts. I've said that several times.

So you are now a message board policeman...lol, nice.
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerjeepman View Post
    Since your keeping track...I'm on my 25 minute lunch. Second part...I never said I was 100% behind brownback, but he's better in my opinion that the other choice....same with Roberts. I've said that several times.

So you are now a message board policeman...lol, nice.
    What i know is if you were a liberal teacher these guys would be on you about posting while you are suppose to be working.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 dwarthog's Avatar
    vCash

the fact is, he used the 47% number because it sounds large to try and garner support for austerity. the fact is he was talking about a lot of voters...

he's an out of touch rich guy that didn't know how to connect with the voters he actually needed to sway. hopefully the next guy is just as inept
    Would this be analogous to using a number like 48 million to garner support for a healthcare bill? Where after a year there is what, less than 1/5 of those uninsured people actually using this great healthcare? Not counting the ones who were booted off their plan they were happy with after being lied to repeatedly that they could keep their health insurance.

Sad problem here is both parties play fast and loose with the truth. Even sadder is one party is more adept at lying or in this example, has managed to consistently dupe a lot of "high information" voters.

vCash

Yermom, you know he heard that figure and like all other conservatives he ran with it, without looking into it. He said what he meant, if you are getting a government check and not paying taxes you are a freeloading taker, including social security. In the eyes or republicans, social security is welfare, that's why they have been wanting to kill it all these years.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Sooner in Tampa View Post
    First off, I agree, it was a stupid comment.

But, the truth about a statement like that is that the meaning behind it depends on who you are delivering said statement to...and if anyone thinks for a minute that he was referring to "grandma, combat & retired vets" they are just kidding themselves and trying to make the statement even worse. Romney or any other Pub ain't worrying about the vets or grandma because most of them are voting for a Pub anyway...so you can think what you would like about the intended target of said comment

Your perception is your reality...
    Suddenly you have the ability to parse and read meaning into sentences that politicians say, trying to add context to what romney said. Funny how it works the other way, taking out of context when a democrat says speaks.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    Wishing I was moving to Monroe, Oklahoma...
    vCash

geez, you need to open a magnum of that fine aromatic vintage and sniff away....
    Everything progressives do is aimed at weakening democracy, capitalism and the social and cultural institutions that support those things...... They are about subjugating people and being a ruling class.

vCash

Yermom, you know he heard that figure and like all other conservatives he ran with it, without looking into it. He said what he meant, if you are getting a government check and not paying taxes you are a freeloading taker, including social security. In the eyes or republicans, social security is welfare, that's why they have been wanting to kill it all these years.
    Social Security is a government program that works. Government-programs-that-work put the lie to the "conservative" mantra that government is the problem. THAT is the main reason "conservatives" want to get rid of Social Security (or "RooseveltCare").

Close behind that is the fact that privatizing Social Security would be a great profit opportunity for Wall Street.
    Ukraine: Not Our Fight.

More epicycles!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by TAFBSooner View Post
    Social Security is a government program that works. Government-programs-that-work put the lie to the "conservative" mantra that government is the problem. THAT is the main reason "conservatives" want to get rid of Social Security (or "RooseveltCare").

Close behind that is the fact that privatizing Social Security would be a great profit opportunity for Wall Street.
    ----Have you ever done the calculation on your contribution and your employers contribution to SS and looked at what you get back?---Not to mention the loss of buying power----Why would you want the Gov't to hold your money for 40 years----And guess what they have already spent it you are holding an IOU

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BigTip View Post
    It's called killing the golden goose.

A micro example: A small business works hard to survive. Taxes keep increasing. Finally, the business has to close because they no longer make enough profit to pay those taxes. The business owner now needs public assistance to survive. A giver has been turned into a taker. Eventually there are not enough givers to provide for the takers. It is so simple.

And it doesn't matter how much someone jumps up and down screaming, "But they DESERVE the assistance!" It is simple, undeniable, mathematically able to be proven, economics.
    It's not that simple. Besides the colossus that is the ability to tax(take) money from residents and citizens, you left out some unique features of the federal government:

The govt. can print money. Nobody else can in America.
    The govt. can incur debt and not be punished for not paying it off.
    Put a lid on it! Kiss it goodbye. We gave it away, and apparently thought it made sense to do so.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by REDREX View Post
    ----Have you ever done the calculation on your contribution and your employers contribution to SS and looked at what you get back?---Not to mention the loss of buying power
    I said a "government program that works," not a "great investment." The purpose isn't to be a great investment. It's to ensure that everyone who works during their lifetime, or a spouse that supports a wage-earner, has at least some income in retirement. That should be IAW the conservative worldview, as it encourages productive work.

To answer your question, no. But I realize it's not a great investment per se.

More epicycles!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone! View Post
    The govt. can incur debt and not be punished for not paying it off.
    And doesn't that pizz you off?!

Where oh where is that inflation that's supposed to smite us, as has been predicted by conservative economists since the last few months of Bush the Lesser's term?

More epicycles!

vCash

I said a "government program that works," not a "great investment." The purpose isn't to be a great investment. It's to ensure that everyone who works during their lifetime, or a spouse that supports a wage-earner, has at least some income in retirement. That should be IAW the conservative worldview, as it encourages productive work.

To answer your question, no. But I realize it's not a great investment per se.
    ---Think about how much money you would have if it was set up like an IRA?-----It is a horrible investment

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by REDREX View Post
    ---Think about how much money you would have if it was set up
    like an IRA?-----It is a horrible investment
    I'm not arguing that point - see above.

More epicycles!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member FaninAma's Avatar
    vCash

And doesn't that pizz you off?!

Where oh where is that inflation that's supposed to smite us, as has been predicted by conservative economists since the last few months of Bush the Lesser's term?
    Therre has been plenty of food inflation over the past 6 years. But actually the thing you should be worried about is deflation. Japan's economy just slipped back into recession(negative GDP) despite massive government stimulation. I think eventually we'll be in the same boat but not until the EU officially enters back into economic recession.
    Beware the man who would rule you for your own good. He will never cease. He will regulate every aspect of your life, destroy your liberty and enslave you, and sleep well convinced that he has made the world a better place.